2021 AFC East opponents w/l odds and future trajectory

Bronx

It's possible that we might lose 6 games in our division in 2021. Depending on their QB situation, Dolphins might be the only team that we could pull an upset and split.

I predict that we will be 1-5 against AFC East rivals:

Bills 0-2

Patriots 0-2

Miami 1-1

Not been pessimist, but we are still rebuilding and it's going to be an adjustment period in 2021.Our cap room is going to be one of the best in the league in 2022 and with multiple 1st round pics, we should be sitting extremely well next year and beyond.

3 years trajectory:

2021 5-11 (6-11 if 17 games). 

2022 9-8 or 10-7

2023 11-6 playoffs bound.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Bronx said:

It's possible that we might lose 6 games in our division in 2021. Depending on their QB situation, Dolphins might be the only team that we could pull an upset and split.

I predict that we will be 1-5 against AFC East rivals:

Bills 0-2

Patriots 0-2

Miami 1-1

Not been pessimist, but we are still rebuilding and it's going to be an adjustment period in 2021.Our cap room is going to be one of the best in the league in 2022 and with multiple 1st round pics, we should be sitting extremely well next year and beyond.

3 years trajectory:

2021 5-11 (6-11 if 17 games). 

2022 9-8 or 10-7

2023 11-6 playoffs bound.

Your forgetting who our new head coach is:

Bills 1-0-1

Pats 2-0

Miami 2-0

Put it in the books!

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, kevinc855 said:

Jets Fans the last decade “3 years from now we are golden bro” lol

You have to be realistic, new coaching staff, new schemes. Patriots improved drastically, Bills are solid (their back up QB is better than any of ours) and the Dolphins are on year 2 trajectory, possibly playoffs bound in 21.

We should lose all 6 because we are the 4th best team in the division. Of course something will happen and we will win 1 or two games but we are still the bottom team.

We are making good smart moves but it still doesn’t make us any better than the other three teams.

The hope is that if Wilson if drafted then he turns out to be a total stud

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Ask me again after the draft, but I don't think the immediate outlook is as bleak as all that.

5-11 next season? Gase managed 7 wins in his first season. Before that, Bowles, Ryan and Mangini won 10 games, with Bowles the only one not to take us to the play-offs in year one. 

In the division, the Dolphins are well-coached and I respect Flores a ton but they shouldn't frighten us. The Patriots will be formidable but they are not the Patriots of old, and never will be. We played the Bills tough last year in the Metlife. A competent QB and we win that game. 

It all depends on the draft. Find our QB and it doesn't have to be a three-year rebuild. 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Bronx said:

You have to be realistic, new coaching staff, new schemes. Patriots improved drastically, Bills are solid (their back up QB is better than any of ours) and the Dolphins are on year 2 trajectory, possibly playoffs bound in 21.

No. We switch out coaches every 3-4 years. Stop with this narrative rebuilds take 3-4 years. It doesn’t 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, K_O_Brien said:

5-11 next season? Gase managed 7 wins in his first season. Before that, Bowles, Ryan and Mangini won 10 games

We want the opposite, steady and long term.improvement and not a one year wonder record.

16 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

It's too early to make predictions. A lot can happen between now and week one of the 2021 season. Patience 

It will ease the off season burden, plan for the worst and hope for the best in 2021. Higher expectations beyond that.

1 hour ago, Jetlife33 said:

I agree with what you’re saying, but keep in mind nailing the QB position can change all of this overnight. If Wilson or fields end up being legit this is all thrown out the window. 

You still need a good team around the QB otherwise you aren’t going far.  I’m just being realistic next year I think we can win some games but I don’t see us as a playoff team until after the 2022 offseason.  I think these next two drafts will set us up very well for the long term 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, kevinc855 said:

No. We switch out coaches every 3-4 years. Stop with this narrative rebuilds take 3-4 years. It doesn’t 

i would normally agree but with these signings of ST and Depth guys we look like were doing a slow 3-4 year rebuild.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Bronx said:

Not been pessimist, but we are still rebuilding and it's going to be an adjustment period in 2021

Bronx in 2019:  "Don't give me the boo hoo Darnold has mono and the roster is a mess crap.  In today's NFL teams can be rebuilt in a single offseason, we should be better than 0-4!  Unacceptable!"  [Jets go 7-9]

Bronx in 2021:  "We're going to add 3 more years to the 2 years that Joe Douglas has already had as GM of this team.  After all, its a rebuild and we all need to be patient, we all know it takes time."  [Allows gets to go 5-11]

SAR I

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

Bronx in 2021:  "We're going to add 3 more years to the 2 years that Joe Douglas has already had as GM of this team.  After all, its a rebuild and we all need to be patient, we all know it takes time."  [Allows gets to go 5-11]

The product of your boy "crazy eyes" Gase.

• Sympathy 1

14 minutes ago, Bronx said:

The product of your boy "crazy eyes" Gase.

Confirmation bias.  You hate Gase despite the fact that he was a better HC than Douglas is a GM.  You have Gase 4 games but are willing to give Douglas 5 years.

(But, shhh, I won't tell anyone if you don't.)

SAR I

• Thumb Down 3

4 minutes ago, Bronx said:

Please go shine your hub caps.

I have someone do that for me.

How 'bout you start a thread about how Mike Maccagnan was a great GM.  You should, considering his track record is twice as good as Joe Douglas' and you are giving him, yawn, another 4 years to figure out a job that Bill Parcells and Mike Tannenbaum figured out in 18 months.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1