The next 40 days are going to suck

44 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

The draft is one of my favorite sporting events. I like to get prepared and have my own list of players and what I want the Jets to do...

but the incessant over analysis, rumour mongering and hearing the same arguments every day gets REALLY old.

But once it's over hopefully we actually have an off season and practices and all that and getting hyped for the new season is fun.

To add to the suckitude this year, the lack of a combine and reliance on these pro days is going to be tough on scouting, and even more miserable on us plebes reliant on beat reporters for our snippets of info.

• Upvote 4

22 minutes ago, freestater said:

To add to the suckitude this year, the lack of a combine and reliance on these pro days is going to be tough on scouting, and even more miserable on us plebes reliant on beat reporters for our snippets of info.

Very true

The only real question is do we move back from 2 or not.  And yeah it sux not knowing..... :) but that wont stop all the crap some posters will be spewing.  It's actually more entertaining when we are further back so we can all speculate on who might fall to us.          

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

40 minutes ago, peebag said:

Try being a fan of this team for 52 years.

I thought my 50 was painful. After  a while, the agony seems to become numbness - the only way I know I am still being tortured is the sounds of my wailing in front of the TV ...

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, fusionCA said:

All we need is Adam Gase the football man in Florham Park 

Mike Maccagnan's Jets go 7-9.

Then Joe Douglas traded away or released all the Jets playmakers.

Joe Douglas' Jets go 2-14.

Adam Gase was the constant; Joe Douglas was the variable.  This mess is on Joe Douglas, no one else.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

52 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Adam Gase was the constant; Joe Douglas was the variable.  This mess is on Joe Douglas, no one else.

SAR I

Yes, all 2 of them. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

5 hours ago, johnnysd said:

The draft is one of my favorite sporting events. I like to get prepared and have my own list of players and what I want the Jets to do...

but the incessant over analysis, rumour mongering and hearing the same arguments every day gets REALLY old.

But once it's over hopefully we actually have an off season and practices and all that and getting hyped for the new season is fun.

Here’s the fun stuff you can do til then:

1) Read the draft forum generally 

2) Follow the JN mock draft

3) I’m gonna be updating the OL thread soon with thoughts and stuff

4) spend less time on JN 

Just curious,

did you have Davis,Zuniga,Perine or Morgan to the Jets on your board in the mid rounds last year?

90353D62-CE18-4ABC-9622-B0055075DF31.jpeg

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Savage69 said:

I became a Titan fan in 1960 when I was 16..B)

It's times like these I take solace in knowing people I hold in high regard, like yourself, are even dumber football fans than I am. 

On top of being from Queens, my favorite color was green, and the Jets were a .500 team with two promising young QBs, good RBs, the league's most exciting young deep threat, and I was a stupid child born without the gift of foresight. 

What was your excuse?

1 hour ago, juxsta said:

Just curious,

did you have Davis,Zuniga,Perine or Morgan to the Jets on your board in the mid rounds last year?

I actually liked Morgan but did not have the Jets  taking him. No claim to be a draft grognard, mostly try and evaluate the Top 100 or so and the QBs and try to see which ones might align with the Jets pick. I had Wirfs over Bection in the first. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Sperm Edwards said:

It's times like these I take solace in knowing people I hold in high regard, like yourself, are even dumber football fans than I am. 

On top of being from Queens, my favorite color was green, and the Jets were a .500 team with two promising young QBs, good RBs, the league's most exciting young deep threat, and I was a stupid child born without the gift of foresight. 

What was your excuse?

Everyone I knew was a Giant fan and I thought the NFL 3 yards and a cloud of dust was boring. The AFL was a passing league I liked that and when your young you like to rebel against establishment which to me was the NFL..B)

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, johnnysd said:

I hear you, although if we dump Darnold for like a fourth rounder on Friday afternoon I think it’s a pretty clear indication of what we’re planning

9 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Adam Gase was the worst coach I have ever seen in any professional sport.  And the Hobbit was laughable.

Edited by Dunnie
  • Upvote 1