This makes me wonder. Seriously. JetPress: 5 players the team could have drafted instead of James Morgan

10 hours ago, Aaron Hernandez said:

Yeah, you can do this with any pick any year. Obviously there's going to be people you wish you took instead. I was disturbed by the fact they barely even let him dress last year cause I would have liked to see him play a bit in a dumpster fire year with nothing to lose. Not really a bad pick though if we get a cheap reliable backup for a 4th. Hopefully he shows something at some point so we can flip him, if not whatever. I don't think it was that bad

Info on James Morgan was hard to come by. From what I've heard, he was injured for most of the season. With no off-season, I'm guessing that it wasn't worth it to get him snaps while being unprepared. I'm hoping that was the case.

11 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

I love JD but this pick was unforgivable. 

Gross negligence. 

And I [b]don’t give a half baked crap that “Belichik” was eyeing him.[/b] I wish we had left him on the board for Belli, would have been another failed draft pick. 

Well, you should. His eye for backups turned fantastic starters is pretty much the best ever. 

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Mike Maccagnan once drafted a box safety at pick #6, leaving both Patrick Mahomes and Deshaun Watson on the board, and many of you, to this day, still think that was a fine and understandable thing.

Mahomes just lost the super bowl to an octogenarian and Watson may end up a eunuch by the end of the week. So. 

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

This is funny until the realization horror that Brady may win the next two as well fills me with dread. 

If he wins 9 (10 would be insane) I will give him all credit short of that reserved for the Savior himself. That would be like watching Babe Ruth and you have to appreciate it. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Peace Frog said:

Hahahahaaaaaaa his eye for backups hahahaaa. 

You need to get a reality check. He has Brady behind Bledsoe, and then you don’t draft seriously for about a decade and then Garrapolo comes up and he turns into a beast and Brady forces him to the other side of the country. Pretty good track record. 

1 minute ago, Cut Jet Penalty Makers said:

Morgan should have gotten some play time last season...seems to me that most likely he's not up to expectations and they didn't want to expose that...hate the Ashtyn Davis pick from the moment it was announced...I have little faith in JD having a superior draft...he showed me little in the last one save for Becton. 

PT to learn a playbook he wasn’t going to need and deal with criticism he didn’t need either? Nah 

5 minutes ago, Lizard King said:

You need to get a reality check. He has Brady behind Bledsoe, and then you don’t draft seriously for about a decade and then Garrapolo comes up and he turns into a beast and Brady forces him to the other side of the country. Pretty good track record. 

Hahahahaaaaaa. Nice troll job. YOU need a reality check if you think he planned on Brady being a future HOFer. 

1 hour ago, CanadaSteve said:

I couldn't give a sh*t about a difference of opinion.

It is the non-stop idiocy that is annoying.

The block button is a fundamental part of this site, use it Albert Einstein. Typed worlds on a football forum from a faceless font trigger you and you see idiocy in me.... 

image.jpeg.5c1acf6cbc90f446f3d8db5ae7ec16bb.jpeg

I love you though you legitimately gave me a good f’in laugh this a.m. so there’s that ?

• I think JD fell into the Mac trap, where drafting is a video game where you get points for finding the highest value players but not necessarily the right players for the team.   Morgan was potentially a player you trade later.  He was not helping the Jets in 2020.  
  • Morgan was also more of a Gase fit than a Shanahan fit.  Would not be surprised to see him traded to another team with a similar scheme.
  • Now that JD is in charge of the whole team, maybe he drafts to build it.
  • But hopefully they have revisited last year's draft and administered beatings to Hogan, Savage, the other guy.  This article was charitable.  It should have focused on ALL of the players that were passed over in the 3rd and 4th rounds by the Jets.   It was a tragedy.  
  • Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Lizard King said:

Word Was that Bill was going to make a move on him. Stash the guy for a year and let him marinate with the scouts. Not the worst idea. 

So did we see Morgan at all last year?  I don’t understand why the opinions are so strong against him if we haven’t even seen him play?

would be ironic if douglases plan all along for qb is Morgan.

18 hours ago, adobolo2 said:

In the latest Ourlads mock they had Wilson going 19th and jones the second qb off the board at 8th.

I know that's not the way it's going to happen but it does make you think why they have it so different to everyone else.

That is because they are a professional scouting service.  They make a living off their work.  They are not pundits, clickwhores, beat writers or entertainers with a twitter feed.  Their draft guide does not have pictures or advertisements from draftkings, fanduel or anyone else.  Just page after page of player reviews in fine print.  And not just the top guys either.  Take last year, they provided complete written reviews on 46 wide receivers (I just counted).  You're not going to get that with Lindys, et al.  

Their value board is worth the $40 dollars all by itself.  I have found them to be remarkably accurate over the years.  Best draft guide since the days of Joel Buchsbaum.  It is why NFL teams keep them handy.