Are You Satisfied with Free Agency Results?

Are you satisfied with Free Agency Results?   

170 members have voted

1. 1. Free Agecncy

• Yes
    • No

We will likely pick up 3 or 4 people after the draft when cuts are made. So far I am a little disappointed but not by a large amount. If they pick up at least one quality lineman then I'll see it as a good off season. I think moving forward the 1 yr contracts are going to continue to happen as we fill the roster through the draft. I think unless there is a REALLY good value they will all likely be 26-28 yrs old and on 1 year deals.

Sent from the Suicide Watch desk.

• Upvote 2

I think we did ok, especially in not overpaying or setting the market for a top tier guys.  Sadly, since I do think we did ok but we still have a long way to go, it's sorta a wake-up call that I was underestimating just how bad our roster was.     

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

I’m happy with some of the signings but a tad underwhelmed. 

With the amount of cap room we had I was unrealistically hoping for a bit more. I should have tempered my expectations.  

Honestly, I didn’t follow my own theory that there are 32 teams and none of these players are Jet fans. 

Wanted a premium IOL and CB in addition the Edge (which we got) and WR (Davis and Cole take away some sting). 

I’m guessing Oline CB and TE get addressed rounds 1-2. 

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

If they use two quality draft picks on oline, yes.  Very happy.

Otherwise JD again failed to address our biggest need.

This is an interesting post because I think it could certainly depend on what people think the biggest area of weaknesses are.

I think many fans would agree with you that OL, specifically interior OL is the biggest issue on the team (excluding QB).  So for those folks it might be a disappointment.

On the other hand, I think Edge and CB were worse areas of need than OL and we addressed one if those with a high end FA.  Hoping we could still add a CB that can be a starter.  So I view FA to date as a positive, with room for even more positive yet.  Not an earth shattering FA period, but I like the pieces they added for what I think they are trying to build 

• Sympathy 2

Jets got incrementally better but it wasn’t enough. They should have addressed the OL. In my mind Feeney was a wasted signing; JD should of went after Hudson instead. He would of fortified the center position. The other beef I got is that we upgraded the WR but we failed to get a true #1. A Golladay/Mims/ Crowder trio would of been much more ominous.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

This is an interesting post because I think it could certainly depend on what the biggest area of weaknesses are.

I think many fans would agree with you that OL, specifically interior OL is the biggest issue on the team (excluding QB).  So for those folks it might be a disappointment.

On the other hand, I think Edge and CB were worse areas of need than OL and we addressed one if those with a high end FA.  Hoping we could still add a CB that can be a starter.  So I view FA to date as a positive, with room for even more positive yet.  Not an earth shattering FA period, but I like the pieces they added for what I think they are trying to build 

I saw priority as:

1.  Guard or Center

2.  Guard or Center

(Big GAP.)

3.  WR

4.  Guard, Center or RT

5.  CB

6.  DE

QB doesn't appear at all.  Need to see Sam at least one year with a halfway decent oline.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

Why is there never an option for what I am thinking?

I am not satisfied in terms of getting the players I wanted, but I am satisfied that JD isn't Macc Sr. and just signing players because they are available. Free agents are the final pieces of the puzzle and our puzzle has just begun.

Gun to my head, I say yes. I am satisfied.

• Upvote 2

As of today I vote no.

I like the Davis and Lawson signings and the overall philosophy  but they haven’t done enough. At the very least we need to add bodies at OLB, OG, CB and slot CB.

Looking at the depth chart and seeing Cashman, Austin and Lewis/GVR listed as starters puts JD in the position to draft for need at #23/34.  

• Upvote 4

25 minutes ago, Lith said:

I think there were a lot of unrealistic expectation heading into FA.  It happens every year as we put together our FA wish lists, but seem to ignore the fact that the guys on our wish lists are on a dozen other wish lists.  I think it was even worse this year with all the hype about the reduced cap and how few teams would be able to bid.  We expected a much better hit rate than we got.  But cap strapped teams got creative with back loaded deals and void years and were just as aggressive this year as in past years.

As to the question posed in the thread, I said yes.  Would have liked to have seen us do more on the OL, but it was not to be.  We added two WRs, and Edge and a starting LB and likely a starting safety.  Still hoping to see a CB or two (Poole, Jackson, Williams, Sherman and others are still out there).  Hopefully we will add a starting CB and slot so we don't have to rely on Austin, Hall and a rookie to be our top 3 options.  

Great points.  Also, let's not lose sight of the fact that fans are still getting used to JD's style.  They keep wanting him to be Tannenbaum.  Clearly, he's not...

• Upvote 2

Still early to judge as we’re not done.

If this is all we do, then I’d give it a C+. I really like the Davis and Lawson signings. I would like us to do sign 2-3 other guys in 1 year deals to plug holes (ie, slot corner, interior oline, edge, outside corner). Give me 2 or 3 more hold the first players and I’ll be satisfied.