Sheldon Rankins Signs 2yr deal with Jets

jwrmo

9 minutes ago, David Harris said:

Salah’s whole D is based on the DL with minimal blitzing 

As it should be. Sure, there's plenty of room for fancy blitz packages (like Rain Blitzes, and NCAA Blitzes), but blitzes usually aren't worth it. 

• Upvote 1

So he’s a good player.  It’s also a bit ackward as it implies that Fatukasi isn’t viewed as a scheme fit, but that’s what happens when you change coaching staffs.  You end up losing good players as part of system purges.

Anyway, depth is great of course, but I doubt that 8 mil per yr is going to a backup.  We shall see.

• Upvote 1

We better friggin hope bryce hall is the real deal and that bless austin gets better this year and not worse.

Hey Rankins is pretty decent at times, not sure about the value of the contract but ...

TE no big improvment

CB zero improvment

Oline no real improvement.

Luckily, I think there is potentially good value at CB and oline for pick 23 and 34

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

We better friggin hope bryce hall is the real deal and that bless austin gets better this year and not worse.

Hey Rankins is pretty decent at times, not sure about the value of the contract but ...

TE no big improvment

CB zero improvment

Luckily, I think there is potentially good value at CB and oline for pick 23 and 34

Sherman is going to come here... and draft is very deep for IOL

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

TE no big improvment

CB zero improvment

Ive been looking at CBs for the mock and I don’t see anyone I’d take at 30. I think all the top guys will be gone by then and there will be better options at different positions. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

For all you 4D chess guys, wouldn't this be a pre-cursor for packaging Q in a deal for Watson?

It’s not out of the realm of possibility but at this point Q + 2oa and a a couple lesser picks sprinkled in is all DW will require with other crap being unsettled. 

1 minute ago, flgreen said:

Kids only 26. Blew out an achilles.  If he's healthy now could eaisily become a dominating DT again, if not I'm sure it's an easy contract to escape from.  That's the way Douglas has been structuring them.

Looks like a great signing.

A big IF. Let's hope for the best

2 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Kids only 26. Blew out an achilles.  If he's healthy now could eaisily become a dominating DT again, if not I'm sure it's an easy contract to escape from.  That's the way Douglas has been structuring them.

Looks like a great signing.

When you’re 300 + Achilles are tougher to come back from. Hope you’re right