Sheldon Rankins Signs 2yr deal with Jets

jwrmo

54 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Wonder if the Jets trade Fatukasi

I haven’t read the whole thread but I see questions marks about adding more interior linemen and I’m thinking - people know we’re moving into a 4-3 and will need to reshape the roster with regards to our DTs and DEs - right? Vastly different roles. 

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I haven’t read the whole thread but I see questions marks about adding more interior linemen and I’m thinking - people know we’re moving into a 4-3 and will need to reshape the roster with regards to our DTs and DEs - right? Vastly different roles. 

Yup. We need down 4-3 DEs, NT, 3-Tech inside. We don’t need guys like Henry Anderson, etc. Not all DLinemen are the same, both inside and outside.

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

When you’re 300 + Achilles are tougher to come back from. Hope you’re right

Yeah, of course there's a risk, IMO this is a kid you want to bet on.   

He blew his achillies out in Jan of 2019, he played in Sept 2019.  Only a 9 month recovery.  That's very short for an Achillies.  He didn't play at the same level in 2019. 

Last year he actually had a very good year against the run.   He improved as the season went on.  He claims he is now 100%.

IMO, The excellent run defense alone is worth the $8.5M.  If he truley has recovered 100%, and has recovered the burst to pass rush terror from the interior again, that contract is now worth $20M.

Yeah there's some risk, but the upside is tremendous.   I'm good with this contract.

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Mac drafting or signing DLine.....”that’s all this guy does! Does he know there’s more positions!”

JD signing DLine “genius!” 

For the record im ok with this signing but it’s funny pointing out the hypocrisy of some 

Almost as funny as you not understanding the difference 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

38 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Fixed!!!!

The Jets are. NOT TRADING for Watson!

Twenty potential assault victims!!

Ummmmmm again No!!!!!!

Watson has done nothing wrong, this is all a bunch of BS. These accusers are all getting paid off. Why is it that this all came out right after he decided he wanted to move on? I guarantee if teams stay away from trading for him, the one team that he’ll end up on will be NE. We know they have no issue acquiring players with issues far worse than this.

• WTF? 2
  • Haha 1

We dumped Anderson as a pretty good player, but bad fit. We’re moving from a base 3-4 to 4-3 so we need D-line. Why do some then cast dispersions on this signing because it’s yet another DT. I think we kinda had to in FA or draft.

As for the choice: high upside, young, had some good seasons. Looks pretty solid to me.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, greengeek said:

We dumped Anderson as a pretty good player, but bad fit. We’re moving from a base 3-4 to 4-3 so we need D-line. Why do some then cast dispersions on this signing because it’s yet another DT. I think we kinda had to in FA or draft.

As for the choice: high upside, young, had some good seasons. Looks pretty solid to me.

Yup. Good signing. I’m excited by a rotation of QW (who should be a great fit for the 4-3), Foley, Rankins and even JFM inside at these NT/DT spots. The guy possibly on his way out at some point is Shepherd I think. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Best thing about this Rankins signing? It confirms that Joe Douglas is still alive. It’s essentially proof of life. I thought maybe something bad had happened and they were going to have to prop him up in front of a camera on draft day like Weekend at Bernie’s.

FA signing equivalent of:

BrightFloweryBluebreastedkookaburra-smal

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

He’s not making it that far. There’s a shortage of good CBs in this draft so the good ones are going high. 

Samuel, Stokes, Horn, Newsome are all possibilities at 34.  Surtain and Farley will likely be gone and one or two of these guys, but could be options for us at 34.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Best thing about this Rankins signing? It confirms that Joe Douglas is still alive. It’s essentially proof of life. I thought maybe something bad had happened and they were going to have to prop him up in front of a camera on draft day like Weekend at Bernie’s.

Think the Jets have signed 10 FA's.  All seem to be up grades.

I think Joe is alive and well

• Upvote 4