I hate to say it; but our roster stinks: JD should trade out of the #2 pick for a kings ransom and trade Sam for a 2nd/3rd (and roll with James Morgan for 2021).

Our roster is so bad from top to bottom, that even as a homer within my DNA; I can't find 10 players who excite me (long term). 

To make it worse...

• I wanted Trevor Lawrence. 

• I wanted Allen Robinson. 

• I wanted JuJu Smith-Schuster. 

• I wanted Chris Godwin. 

• I wanted Kenny Golladay. 

✓ We got none of the above. 

Corey Davis, Denzel Mims and Jamison Crowder, I'm sorry; isn't enough fire power surrounding the QB position @ WR (it's just not). 

• Mekhi Becton has no help on the O-Line. Becton and a bunch of mediocre O-Lineman is all we have. 

Even with a #2 overall, Seattle's 1st, an early 2nd and two 3rd's? Our offense won't be ready to compete this year; it stinks. 

JD should accumulate as many picks this year as possible in order to attack multiple holes around the QB position along with getting an extra 1st round pick for 2022 (having 3 first round picks next draft, plus a lot more). 

• We're coming off of 2-14.

• Our roster stinks. 

• Trade out of the #2 overall pick. 

• Even trade Sam for an early 2nd/3rd round pick. 

√ Have over 20 picks this year + next year (combined) in order to completely revamp and turn this roster completely around. 

Quit on 2021 before it started. Use James Morgan as 2021's sacrificial lamb. If he stinks as much as I think he does? 

We'll have a top 1-5 pick next year in order to draft another top rated 1st round QB. 

Use James Morgan as a bridge gap QB.

Try and accumulate as many draft picks as possible. 

•√• Look to compete 2022 with a brand new roster. 

Because, this one stinks. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 9
  • WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 5

3 minutes ago, Joe Jets fan said:

????????

Clown? 

Do you not see our current roster? 

With the help of both Macc and JD it's full of nothing but clown players. 

As much as I love Sewell and hope for Fields/Zach? lol. They have 0 chance of having this current compete for a future SB. 

Might as well trade out of #2 overall and begin to build a TB Rays type of farm system. A pipeline coming through the draft over the next 2 drafts. 

Make our roster exciting for once with youth and potential. 

See what James Morgan has and chances are he'll fail next year. As would Sam Fields or Wilson. 

11 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Our roster is so bad from top to bottom, that even as a homer within my DNA; I can't find 10 players who excite me (long term). 

To make it worse...

• I wanted Trevor Lawrence. 

• I wanted Allen Robinson. 

• I wanted JuJu Smith-Schuster. 

• I wanted Chris Godwin. 

• I wanted Kenny Golladay. 

✓ We got none of the above. 

Corey Davis, Denzel Mims and Jamison Crowder, I'm sorry; isn't enough fire power surrounding the QB position @ WR (it's just not). 

• Mekhi Becton has no help on the O-Line. Becton and a bunch of mediocre O-Lineman is all we have. 

Even with a #2 overall, Seattle's 1st, an early 2nd and two 3rd's? Our offense won't be ready to compete this year; it stinks. 

JD should accumulate as many picks this year as possible in order to attack multiple holes around the QB position along with getting an extra 1st round pick for 2022 (having 3 first round picks next draft, plus a lot more). 

• We're coming off of 2-14.

• Our roster stinks. 

• Trade out of the #2 overall pick. 

• Even trade Sam for an early 2nd/3rd round pick. 

√ Have over 20 picks this year + next year (combined) in order to completely revamp and turn this roster completely around. 

Quit on 2021 before it started. Use James Morgan as 2021's sacrificial lamb. If he stinks as much as I think he does? 

We'll have a top 1-5 pick next year in order to draft another top rated 1st round QB. 

Use James Morgan as a bridge gap QB.

Try and accumulate as many draft picks as possible. 

•√• Look to compete 2022 with a brand new roster. 

Because, this one stinks. 

200.gif

What gave it away? I bet it was the games last year. That's when it hit me this was the worst, most depressing Jets team I've ever seen

Good news is everything is instantly going to look better just by virtue of us finally retiring Gase from that football coaching grift he was running

Cheer up bud. The signings so far have been pretty good. We've added a lot of talent. Sure we didn't have much to start, but that's not going to happen all through free agency. Especially when you're nobodies preferred destination all money being equal 

Im on board with any decision JD wants to make.  If he loves Wilson or Fields a lot then draft one of them.  If he isn’t totally sold on them and wants more picks then we are in a terrific position to trade back and have a ton of high picks these next two years 

• Sympathy 1

In no way do I think JD has been Idzik or Mcc horrible.  So far, he's done a "decent", not great job.  Doubt it, but maybe in a week he pulls out a stunner.

I just was hoping JD would blow the doors off free agency by showing up here with Watson or Wilson and Michael Thomas.  It's a pipe dream, but prayed for this massive move instead of going with Sammy and a group of "meh-okay" receivers.

• Upvote 1

I kinda disagree. Worst in football?! of course not. Lots of very good defenders. It's not elite, but it's not the worst, as it's been since 2010. I see talent at the skill positions, talent in the front seven.

I mean, it seems ridiculous to have been a jets fan for the last decade and look at this roster and say it's the worst. This roster underachieved last year, due to injury and poor scheme. I blame coaching for all the WRs getting hamstrings, btw.

• Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

On the one hand, you can have Kyle Pitts, an extra second this year, and three firsts next year, but on the other hand you can spend the #2 pick on a guy who will be the golf pro at a private course in Provo within five years.

With 4 shoulder surgeries and 6 heel clicks. 

• Upvote 1