I hate to say it; but our roster stinks: JD should trade out of the #2 pick for a kings ransom and trade Sam for a 2nd/3rd (and roll with James Morgan for 2021).

1 hour ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Our roster is so bad from top to bottom, that even as a homer within my DNA; I can't find 10 players who excite me (long term). 

To make it worse...

• I wanted Trevor Lawrence. 

• I wanted Allen Robinson. 

• I wanted JuJu Smith-Schuster. 

• I wanted Chris Godwin. 

• I wanted Kenny Golladay. 

✓ We got none of the above. 

Corey Davis, Denzel Mims and Jamison Crowder, I'm sorry; isn't enough fire power surrounding the QB position @ WR (it's just not). 

• Mekhi Becton has no help on the O-Line. Becton and a bunch of mediocre O-Lineman is all we have. 

Even with a #2 overall, Seattle's 1st, an early 2nd and two 3rd's? Our offense won't be ready to compete this year; it stinks. 

JD should accumulate as many picks this year as possible in order to attack multiple holes around the QB position along with getting an extra 1st round pick for 2022 (having 3 first round picks next draft, plus a lot more). 

• We're coming off of 2-14.

• Our roster stinks. 

• Trade out of the #2 overall pick. 

• Even trade Sam for an early 2nd/3rd round pick. 

√ Have over 20 picks this year + next year (combined) in order to completely revamp and turn this roster completely around. 

Quit on 2021 before it started. Use James Morgan as 2021's sacrificial lamb. If he stinks as much as I think he does? 

We'll have a top 1-5 pick next year in order to draft another top rated 1st round QB. 

Use James Morgan as a bridge gap QB.

Try and accumulate as many draft picks as possible. 

•√• Look to compete 2022 with a brand new roster. 

Because, this one stinks. 

Well you got one part of this right, Joe Douglas should trade down from #2 and I think he is going to. The rest of this is all wrong are we going to the superbowl this year? No, but this roster is already a bit improved from last year and the moves actually make sense in terms of scheme with players who already showed alot of promsie last year. 

-Mims had a better film year than a stats year bad coaching, injuries, bad qb play hurt his numbers. 

-Bryce Hall has alot of upisde played really well last year and will thrive in Salehs system.

-Jets already have a stout dline and now its argubly the best in the divison now which is saying something.

-Becton & Fant make a nice duo particularly for the offense thats going to be run. Guard is probably one the easiest positions to transition from college to pro and there's plenty of good ones in this draft. 

Now trade from #2 get a game change talent for Darnold Pitts or Waddle. Take a guard or corner at 23, then take the other with rd 2 pick. Get a lb who can cover in round 3 then a running back. And watch this team surprise everyone in 2021. Douglas is getting first round castoffs in FA who all have something to prove. That should be the mindset for these 2021 Jets.

1 hour ago, YankeeJet22 said:

1996 Jets roster was awful until Parcells took basically the same players to a 9-7 record in 1997. Shoulda been 10-6 actually.

Coaching , baby. 

Don't think the Leon Johnson HB option call last game of the 1997 season vs Detroit was one of Bill's best.?

• Upvote 1

Your titles are longer than many peoples posts.

Your posts are longer than many articles.

Most articles are trash....

Articles > DWC Takes

You already know how I feel about most of your posts,  but at least I've come to say it with love rather than the vitriol most other posters have for your .....um... "Hot Takes"

I do find you entertaining in an unusual sort of way.

2 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Our roster is so bad from top to bottom, that even as a homer within my DNA; I can't find 10 players who excite me (long term). 

To make it worse...

• I wanted Chris Godwin. 

Corey Davis, Denzel Mims and Jamison Crowder, I'm sorry; isn't enough fire power surrounding the QB position @ WR (it's just not). 

• Mekhi Becton has no help on the O-Line. Becton and a bunch of mediocre O-Lineman is all we have. 

Even with a #2 overall, Seattle's 1st, an early 2nd and two 3rd's? Our offense won't be ready to compete this year; it stinks. 

JD should accumulate as many picks this year as possible in order to attack multiple holes around the QB position along with getting an extra 1st round pick for 2022 (having 3 first round picks next draft, plus a lot more). 

• Our roster stinks. 

√ Have over 20 picks this year + next year (combined) in order to completely revamp and turn this roster completely around. 

Quit on 2021 before it started. Use James Morgan as 2021's sacrificial lamb. If he stinks as much as I think he does? 

We'll have a top 1-5 pick next year in order to draft another top rated 1st round QB. 

This is an abomination. Geezus, what a piece of whine.

6 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Trading down was the best move from day one.

You can keep darnold and give him one last shot or deal him and bring in a vet or two.

Morgan is not part of the equation at all.

My friend, some day, when we can meet in person, and talk hockey, the real sport, I will gladly accept the beer you will buy me when you are wrong on this one.?

• Upvote 2

Hi hear you, but you can't throw away another year.  You get one shot at that.  You don't get two gut years and he did that last year.  

He had and still has an opportunity to heavily upgrade the roster - he hasn't so far.  This team is only slightly better than the garbage we ran out last year.

He was never going to fix it all in one off-season, but had he added a better guard and another quality WR I would actually be much more excited.  

My biggest worry is bringing in a rookie QB into this offense.  He's going to get killed.

Here's what happens if you do that ...

Next year you have to draft a QB - at that point - you're basically chalking up the rookies first year too.

So JD would be going his 4th full year - with three awful seasons.  That's tough.

Gotta take the QB at 2 this year.  A find an F-in guard.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Its not a terrible idea but you have to bring in a guy like CJ Beathered to compete with Morgan.

Trade down, accumulate a ton of picks, stack this roster with playmakers and get a qb next year.

If this was the plan id be on board.

Sam Howell. 

Desmond Ridder.

Spencer Rattler.

Kedon Slovis.

Malik Willis.

We missed out on Trevor Lawrence; does than mean we're forced to automatically settle for Zach Wilson or the kid in my Avatar, Justin Fields? No. 

Because next year, all 5 of these QBs (in bold) have top 10 potential heading into next year's draft. 

Look @ our roster especially on offense. It's really bad and deprived of talent. 

We might as well trade both Sam and the #2 overall pick and accumulate A+ draft capital in order to attack (over the next two drafts) an outside #1 WR, a re-vamped O-Line, a game breaking RB, a shutdown #1 CB (we'll have 3 1st rounders next year after trading #2 overall where we could target Derek Stingley)

etc. Etc. 

Sometimes QBs come out of nowhere.

Use James Morgan as a bridge gap QB to one of either Sam Howell. Desmond Ridder. Spencer Rattler. Kedon Slovis or Malik Willis.

In the meantime try and accumulate as many 1st/2nd/3rd round picks as possible in order to walk away with 10+ starters over the next two drafts @ QB/RB/WR/LG/C/RG/RT/CB/Edge Rusher and TE. 

We need as many picks and as many hits as possible during the next 3.

I was on board with going Sewell or Fields/Wilson #2 overall. 

I was on board with drafting Sewell and going Sam 2021. 

But then I thought about it. Our roster absolutely stinks. We need firepower. 

Why not trade both Sam and the #2 overall pick? Get a 2nd for Sam and a KINGS RANSOM for #2 overall. 

Target Sam Howell. Desmond Ridder. Spencer Rattler. Kedon Slovis or Malik Willis 2022. 

At least they'll have a chance. 

Lawrence is going #1 overall. 

Let other teams get Fields and Wilson and gamble on Trey Lance all within the top 10...

While we wait for our rookie QB next year and trade to around 8-9-10 and not only draft one of either Penei Sewell, Kyle Pitts, DeVonta Smith, Ja’Marr Chase or Jaylen Waddle ala whichever one falls to us but also a KINGS RANSOM behind them. 

We can then use our Seattle 1st round pick on either Najee Harris or Travis Etienne. 

We should also have 3 2nd round picks (Sam trade and getting an extra second during our kings ransom) on 1.) WR, Terrace Marshall Jr. 2.) O-Lineman, Jalen Mayfield and 3.) O-Line, Wyatt Davis.

We just killed the 1st two rounds. With 5 immediate offensive starters. 

We'll head into round 3 with potentially 3 3rd rounders. 

Next year we'll feature 3 1st rounders to 1.) Franchise QB. 2.) #1 CB and 3.) Edge rusher. 

You see. By trading out of the #2 pick for a kings ransom and trading Sam for an extra 2nd; we'll them begin to BUILD A DEEP ROSTER THROUGHOUT THE DRAFT. 

3 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Trading down was the best move from day one.

You can keep darnold and give him one last shot or deal him and bring in a vet or two.

Morgan is not part of the equation at all.

Just watched Jet Nation pretty much everyone was on trading down to Carolina and picking up picks. But there was a lot of love for Bits guy Sewell.. They think Wilson will be great on his pro day which will up his value for the Jets pick..

1 minute ago, Savage69 said:

Just watched Jet Nation pretty much everyone was on trading down to Carolina and picking up picks. But there was a lot of love for Bits guy Sewell.. They think Wilson will be great on his pro day which will up his value for the Jets pick..

Do they all want to roll with Darnold and not pick a QB?

I'm fine with trading back, but they need to get Mac Jones then.

As fans, we need to root for Dollar Store Douglas to keep Sam Darnold and draft Zach Wilson so that the actual GM we hire next season has them both as trade chips to get draft picks that may actually turn out to be good players.

SAR I

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

Do they all want to roll with Darnold and not pick a QB?

I'm fine with trading back, but they need to get Mac Jones then.

Some thought they might go with Sam for a year and build the team but Bart Scott thinks a Watson or Russell Wilson deal still may be possible. I don't think anyone has a clue what JD may do including JD :blink:

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Savage69 said:

I would not go ballistic if sewel was the pick but we have a bigger need at C and guard.  I'd rather trade down and come  away with a guard and center than just another dominant tackle.

The Jets will never win anything because they're the Jets and that's just the way it is.

That being said, this defense is a player or two away from being VERY good.  This hysterical rant from somebody who claims to love defense is very strange.

I know last sason was rough, but go back and re-watch Quinnen Williams and John-Franklin Myers.  Take a look at Marcus Maye as well, along with Foley Fatukasi.  I know he was hurt this season, but check out a few games with Kyle Phillips in his rookie year.  Also, accept the fact that we have no idea what they're going to get from Mosley.  If it turns out he still likes football, he'll come back and play at a very high level.

You also may have missed it because last year's HC and QB were atrocious, but when he was targeted, Denzel Mims looked like a legit weapon.  Same for Corey Davis with the Titans.  I know people get emotional when they don't see huge fantasy football numbers, but that was a product of the scheme.  Low targets meant pedestrian numbers for Davis.  Extrapolate his numbers with increased targets and you've got an ascending young player who has gotten better every year and does many things very well.

Again, the Jets aren't winning a thing, but this "Oh my god we don't have any good players" drama is beyond silly.  They have some good players.  They need more good players.  

Passing on a QB when you have a year four guy making rookie mistakes is dumb.

Dollar Store Douglas has improved this team a lot in my opinion. He brought in a bunch of still young and hungry veterans. Most of the players are around 26 with 4 years of NFL experience and they are either ascending or they had a few very good seasons and have tailed off a bit because of injuries or coach and scheme changes and they still have the potential and drive to win and become very good pieces within the Jets new systems. I'm quite sure DSD - Dollar Store Douglas didn't just throw darts at a free agent board and went after  the player where the dart landed. He targeted certain types with the consensus of our new coaching staff. Compared to all the undrafted players we had playing last season -b at receiver, at linebacker, at corner and the other scrubs we had filling positions - this team greatly improved its base talent level. Have all the positions been covered yet - no - free agency still going then we have the draft. This team with its new and improved coaching staff is miles ahead and 10 times better than last years team with more to be done. I'm more than satisfied with the team and its direction at this point!

10 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

To make it worse...

• I wanted Chris Godwin. 

• Our roster stinks. 

You have no idea what our roster will be like this year. All the guys you wanted were a pipe dream and not at all conducive to building a team. Douglas is signing high character players who will add depth to this roster depth we did not have before. He's added some nice upside players and has a boat load of draft picks to continue adding players and have the competitive atmosphere Robert Saleh Wants on this football team. People were saying the same crap about San Fran and they did it twice once before Harbaugh turned them around in a year and went to the SB in year 2 and now with Shanny who turned them around in 2 years as well. Coaching wins in this league and If Saleh turns out to be the coach some of us hope he is you will see a winner soon enough. 

14 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

To make it worse...

• I wanted Chris Godwin. 

• Our roster stinks. 

a little different take but there's some logic.  first off morgan must have shown something to be drafted with a 4th round pick.  we see guys like minshew or even cousins come in and play pretty well.  why not morgan.  but one thing i see against is just how really good players are there in any draft?  sure if they did get a ton of picks for the 2 pick and darnold then just how many picks are there in this years draft that can really help?  i would hazard you could draft every one of the first round players in this draft and still have a crappy team.  one thought might be to get some future picks so the bounty is spread out a bit.

13 hours ago, SAR I said:

As fans, we need to root for Dollar Store Douglas to keep Sam Darnold and draft Zach Wilson so that the actual GM we hire next season has them both as trade chips to get draft picks that may actually turn out to be good players.

SAR I

I’m pretty sure Joe Douglas’s tenure with the Jets will outlast the factory warranty on your BMW (I’m assuming you bought the new M8 Grand Coupe)