How far would you be willing to trade down?

How far would you be willing to trade down?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. How far would you be willing to trade down (choose the lowest pick you'd be willing to move down to given the offer)

• F Trading Down
    • MIA: offers #3, #18, #50
    • ATL: offers #4, #35, #68, 2022 1st
    • CIN: offers #5, #38, #69, 2022 1st, 2022 2nd
    • PHI: offers #6, #37, #84, 2022 1st, 2022 IND 2nd
    • DET: offers #7, #41, 2022 1st, 2022 LAR 1st, 2022 2nd
    • CAR: offers #8, #39, #73, 2022 1st, 2022 2nd
    • DEN: offers #9, #40, #71, 2022 1st, 2022 2nd
    • WFT: #19, #51, #74, 2022 1st, 2022 2nd, 2022 4th

Assume only one offer is made for each option. IE, you're not getting an offer from MIA & ATL. Just one of each of these. What's the furthest you'd be willing to drop out of #2.

All trade options were offers made by PFN mock draft simulator for the #2 overall. I don't know what the algorithm is they use to determine how to offer trades but I assume they make an effort to make it realistic. That said, if you take issue with the value of the trades offered I don't really care. I'm treating the simulator as the expert here so take it up with them or just GFY and move along.

I'm just curious of how everyone is feeling about potentially moving out of #2 overall.

24 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Assume only one offer is made for each option. IE, you're not getting an offer from MIA & ATL. Just one of each of these. What's the furthest you'd be willing to drop out of #2.

All trade options were offers made by PFN mock draft simulator for the #2 overall. I don't know what the algorithm is they use to determine how to offer trades but I assume they make an effort to make it realistic. That said, if you take issue with the value of the trades offered I don't really care. I'm treating the simulator as the expert here so take it up with them or just GFY and move along.

I'm just curious of how everyone is feeling about potentially moving out of #2 overall.

Are we rolling with Sam or trying to stay in striking distance for a QB?

9 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

That's for you to answer as the person responding to the poll.

Fair enough. I'll answer in two parts. If we are in love with one of these guys, whomever it is, stick and pick. Assuming that's not the case, and we are going with Sam, or Morgan, then I go down to #4 with Atlanta. Everyone on that list, except Bengals and Eagles, and maybe Miami, wants a QB. Let's say picks 2& 3 are QB's. There is still a great chance that we get another call for pick #4. If we traded down again, would not want to go lower than 12, the SF pick. I've done a bunch of mocks on the PFF simulator, all different variables, and as low as #12, we could probably get our choice of a really good OL. CB, Edge or even Pitts or WR. If we stayed at #4, we have anybody we want.

• Upvote 1

I’d probably take fields and call it a day. But in the interest of discussion the best trade offer here has to be the Detroit one. They lack infrastructure and have three solid teams in their division. So getting their 1st next year is a huge win and with the deal also including Rams pick that’s a huge win. Imagine if Seattle sucks next year due to the Wilson drama and Detroit struggles with a rookie QB. All of sudden you might have two picks in the top 10/15. That would be huge for rebuilding this team. And at 7 you still can get Pitts/Waddle/chase depending how the board falls. 

• Upvote 1

Detroit would be awesome.  

#7 this year = one of Sewell/Pitts/Chase. 

#41 means we'll have two 2nd round picks where we could draft either one of Najee Harris or Travis Etienne with our pick and then also Terrace Marshall Jr. with Detroit's 2nd round pick. 

But the icing on the cake is two more 1st round picks next year getting Detroit's 2022 1st (could be a top 5 lottery pick) and, 2022 LAR 1st which could also become top 10. 

We would then have 4 first round picks come 2022 (ours, Seattle, Detroit's and Rams). Wow! 

Next season would be so much fun rooting against all of Seattle, Detroit and Rams. 

2022 2nd from Detroit as well? Meaning AFTER we utilize 4 1st round picks we'll still have two high 2nd round picks?!?

Sign me up for trading with Detroit. 

The more I fear Wilson, the more I'm starting to favor this route.  I've analyzed and while I'd love extra picks this year, I'd go with the Detroit option because at #7 I think you can land your favorite of the top 3 receiving options in Pitts, Smith, Chase maybe Waddle and 4 1st round picks next season is juicy. 

Then land your pass rusher at #23 - Ojulari, Paye, Ossa.   #34 - value will be corner, Newsome or Melifonwu.  #40 is when I look to rebuild an entire side of the line with next 3-4 picks as they could realistically land a combo of Wyatt Davis, Josh Myers, Jackson Carmen and boom, your entire line is rebuilt through the draft.

If the Jets first 5 picks were this, I would have to give out tickets for the amount of sex you would all want from me:

1.7 - Kyle Pitts

1.23 - Azeed Ojulari

2.34 - Greg Newsome

2.40 - Wyatt Davis

3.66 - Josh Myers

3.86 - Jackson Carmen

4.107 - Chazz Surratt

5.151 - Chubba Hubbard

6.186 - Trevon Grimes

and then 4 1st round picks next year?

Sex, all day, every day, with me

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
5 minutes ago, JiF said:

The more I fear Wilson, the more I'm starting to favor this route.  I've analyzed and while I'd love extra picks this year, I'd go with the Detroit option because at #7 I think you can land your favorite of the top 3 receiving options in Pitts, Smith, Chase maybe Waddle and 4 1st round picks next season is juicy. 

Then land your pass rusher at #23 - Ojulari, Paye, Ossa.   #34 - value will be corner, Newsome or Melifonwu.  #40 is when I look to rebuild an entire side of the line with next 3-4 picks as they could realistically land a combo of Wyatt Davis, Josh Myers, Jackson Carmen and boom, your entire line is rebuilt through the draft.

If the Jets first 5 picks were this, I would have to give out tickets for the amount of sex you would all want from me:

1.7 - Kyle Pitts

1.23 - Azeed Ojulari

2.34 - Greg Newsome

2.40 - Wyatt Davis

3.66 - Josh Myers

3.86 - Jackson Carmen

4.107 - Chazz Surratt

5.151 - Chubba Hubbard

6.186 - Trevon Grimes

I like this a lot. But, I don't see the jets going with Hubbard. He is not a one cut runner.

26 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

I like this a lot. But, I don't see the jets going with Hubbard. He is not a one cut runner.

That's fine, he was a throw away pick at that point but I think Chubba is being criminally underrated lately.  Dude is explosive.  

The panthers are absolutely desperate for a qb and are the only real shot we have of trading down.  Problem is they are at 8 and both Sewell and Pitts will be gone by then.  Probably Slater too

• Sad 1

If you’re only getting one of these offers and looking at them all in a vacuum, I’d accept any of them down to nine.

The Detroit trade is pretty awesome and I think clearly better than the two after it. The Atlanta trade is pretty sweet too.

Take Miami 3 18 50.  They take Sewell. QBs still there to trade down again to highest bidder, maybe a Detroit Lite package. So 5 picks in the top 50!!🤪 ... and still have 3 1st rounders next year. 

1 7 Chase

1 18 Oweh

1 23 Vera-Tucker

2 34 Etienne

2 40 Leatherwood

2 50 Melifonwu

4 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

@K_O_Brien & @Rhg1084

I'm surprised you wouldn't even be willing to move down one spot with Miami to pickup another 1st and 3rd. It's highly unlikely they're going QB there ...

They might not, but I wouldn't trust them to trade the pick to someone else who would, and we then lose one of our QB options and hand a haul of draft picks to a divisional rival.

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

@K_O_Brien & @Rhg1084

I'm surprised you wouldn't even be willing to move down one spot with Miami to pickup another 1st and 3rd. It's highly unlikely they're going QB there ...

If they determine Lance or Fields is adequate then yes. But if Wilson is the can’t miss QB prospect as advertised im just taking him. And why would Miami want to move up just one spot then? 

2 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

If they determine Lance or Fields is adequate then yes. But if Wilson is the can’t miss QB prospect as advertised im just taking him. And why would Miami want to move up just one spot then? 

Sewell is who they usually take at #2 in simulations I've done. 

10 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Sewell is who they usually take at #2 in simulations I've done. 

Or Chase. The only teams that I haven't seen take a QB going down to 9 are Miami and Cincy. And I'm still not entirely sold on Miami not taking one in 5 weeks.

On 3/22/2021 at 9:38 AM, Viermoo said:

The only way you move out of 2 is if you are not taking a QB. If that’s the case I’d go as far as 8 and ask for as many picks as possible and the GMs wife and children.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Well you'd need scouting reports on the wives and children first.  

I hear Mehta is still looking for work.

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, K_O_Brien said:

Detroit have their QB. Not sure why people are trading down to 7. The only realistic trade down partner is Carolina. 

I’m not a huge Goff guy but people are just dismissing him like crazy.  He just won a playoff game and went to a super bowl 2 years ago

11 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

I’m not a huge Goff guy but people are just dismissing him like crazy.  He just won a playoff game and went to a super bowl 2 years ago

I don't like Goff much either, but apparently the Lions GM, Brad Holmes loves him. Holmes was with the Rams when they drafted him. 

If it doesn't work, they have multiple first rounders next year to reload. But I don't see any scenario they move up this year. 

23 minutes ago, K_O_Brien said:

I don't like Goff much either, but apparently the Lions GM, Brad Holmes loves him. Holmes was with the Rams when they drafted him. 

If it doesn't work, they have multiple first rounders next year to reload. But I don't see any scenario they move up this year. 

I don't know how much they value Goff. They got a haul in that trade. Almost like Goff was a throw-in.

31 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I don't know how much they value Goff. They got a haul in that trade. Almost like Goff was a throw-in.

Maybe, but the Holmes & Goff affection seems legit. I think they'll roll for Goff for one year anyway. And likely regret it. 

I'm all in on Kyle Pitts at this point. The best and most realistic option are the Panthers. But for some reason I doubt he makes it that low. But life goes on. For us to have an extra 2nd and 3rd would allow us to be more aggressive all throughout the draft. We qould even have enough ammo to trade up from 23 for the specific CB we're targeting.

On 3/21/2021 at 6:27 PM, Barry McCockinner said:

7. 8 is just barely in play. But at 7, and assuming Lawrence goes first (if he doesn't I just turn down the offers and pick him) I'm guaranteed to get one of: Wilson, Fields, Pitts, Slater, Sewell and Chase, depending on who gets taken ahead of me. I'll take any one of those guys, plus 41, 2 2022 1st rounders, and a 22 second ahead of Wilson or Fields at 2. If need be (Wilson and Fields both gone and I don't love Lance), that means I run it back with Sam this year and either take my QB next year (with 4 No. 1 picks to trade up if needed) or extend him and surround him with talent if he does better than I would expect.

Of course, if the Jets are absolutely in love with one of the QBs, they need to turn down all offers and take their guy. But assuming they're open to a trade down, that's how far I'd drop. 

On 3/22/2021 at 7:58 AM, JiF said:

1.7 - Kyle Pitts

1.23 - Azeed Ojulari

2.34 - Greg Newsome

2.40 - Wyatt Davis

3.66 - Josh Myers

3.86 - Jackson Carmen

4.107 - Chazz Surratt

5.151 - Chubba Hubbard

6.186 - Trevon Grimes

This disgusts me.

9 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

This disgusts me.

I know it does but it's happening so get used to it and slurp up all that talent I just added to the team.  Next season, with 4 first round picks, the Jets will be loaded with talent and then, wait for it, wait for it!!!!!!! all they are is a.... ...wait for it, wait for it..................A QB AWAY FROM A CHAMPIONSHIPS!!!!!!!!!  RODGERS IS GOING TO PULL A BRADY!!!!!!!!!!!

lmfao

• Upvote 1
Just now, JiF said:

I know it does but it's happening so get used to it and slurp up all that talent I just added to the team.  Next season, with 4 first round picks, the Jets will be loaded with talent and then, wait for it, wait for it!!!!!!! all they are is a.... ...wait for it, wait for it..................A QB AWAY FROM A CHAMPIONSHIPS!!!!!!!!!  RODGERS IS GOING TO PULL A BRADY!!!!!!!!!!!

lmfao

Slurp... 

Rodgers is going to win a SB with his hometown 49ers after the season. 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.