How many yards will Zach Wilson throw for this year with the Jets?

Maxman

1 minute ago, bitonti said:

Who has an NFL body, Sewell or Wilson ?

You keep asking everyone you talk to about Wilson the same thing. “WELL HOWA BOUT THEIR BODIES!?”  Lol we don’t care. You’re talking to a fan base who’s team drafted Vernon Ghloston. Athletic ability only matters sometimes and it doesn’t ever really matter in the case of QB’s.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

You keep asking everyone you talk to about Wilson the same thing. “WELL HOWA BOUT THEIR BODIES!?”  Lol we don’t care. You’re talking to a fan base who’s team drafted Vernon Ghloston. Athletic ability only matters sometimes and it doesn’t ever really matter in the case of QB’s.

You're talking to a fan base who's team drafted Chad Pennington. 

A questionable athlete from a mid-major who was known for intangibles and accuracy 

can he take a hit? 

Vernon Gholston by the way is a story about undiagnosed Mental illness not a story about a lazy loser. 

7 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

But Sewell’s didn’t even hold up in college probably has small ankles. 

this has nothing to do with Wilson 

it doesn't have to be sewell 

Fact is I'd be happy with Sewell Pitts slater smith whoever the best offensive player is non QB at 2 that's fine 

get a rare athlete 

it's 2 overall for petes sake 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Maxman said:

I am going to say that Wilson will break Joe Namath's passing yards record and throw for 4082 yards in his rookie year.

Although it will need an * because Wilson will have done it over 17 games and Namath broke 4,000 yards in 14 games.

Still, not a bad start for the rookie QB. Plus making the playoff in his first season is another good sign.

Nothing like unbridled optimism, I guess.

If I had to wager today, state of things as they stand now?  

3,300 yards, 21 TD, 15 INT, and missed at least three starts due to injury if he is starter on day 1.

6 minutes ago, Warfish said:

3,300 yards, 21 TD, 15 INT, and missed at least three starts due to injury if he is starter on day 1.

So he’ll definitely pass for over 20 TD’s? See, that’s an improvement, Darnold can’t even notch 20.

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

IMO, life is way too short for anything else.  :)

24 minutes ago, Maxman said:

IMO, life is way too short for anything else.  :)

I don't think being a realist or an optimist has much effect on it one way or the other tbqh.

Just different ways of seeing the world.

I am rarely disappointed or let down and am usually right, but I guess our eternal optimists just skip past always being wrong and go strait to being optimistic about the next new shiny thing instead, so probably makes no difference either way I suppose.

/shrug

So sure, why not just say Wilson will revolutionize the game of football, will be the first 6,000 yard, 60 TD QB in the new 17 game scheme, and win 25 Super Bowls, and really go for the gold? 

Life is too short not to aim high.

• Thumb Down 1

8 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Trading Kerry Rhodes doesn't make the Jets better. 

I had a wonderful x doesnt make the Jets better phase

The one that really went over like a fart in church was Firing Herman Edwards does not make the Jets better 

Ahem. 

The mangled message is that trade aways, firings, tanks and other bad outcomes are not cause for celebration. 

That's Bitonti 1.0 stuff, before the heel turn 

Suck for Sam 17 is me rising from the ashes as a bad guy. This is NWO hogan stuff 

If we are talking crediblity I've been on fire since. There's a draft mock where I hope the Jets take Mahomes. But predict they will take a safety instead.

For all the kids out there who want to be a blowhard when they grow up, The key to solid future prediction is to be completely dead inside

NYJ abandon all hope ye who enter here 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, bitonti said:

this has nothing to do with Wilson 

it doesn't have to be sewell 

Fact is I'd be happy with Sewell Pitts slater smith whoever the best offensive player is non QB at 2 that's fine 

get a rare athlete 

it's 2 overall for petes sake 

So pass on the QB with all time accuracy numbers for 

Sewell: oft injured, unrefined OT who hasn’t played in a year

Pitts: A tight-end

Devonta Smith: A rare athlete because rarely are NFL players the size of accountants 

Slater: A short armed LT prospect that everyone called a guard 2 months ago

4 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Devonta Smith: A rare athlete because rarely are NFL players the size of accountants 

Pitts might actually be the #2 prospect in cfb 

As for the others yes they are all rarer and better bets than Wilson. Even accepting their flaws.

Zach wilson might be a great player somewhere else. This roster as currently constructed will ruin him physically. He's not built for the punishment he would take here. It's not personal it's strictly business. 

I'm a traits dude. Darnold and Sanchez were supposed to accuracy guys. It's 2 overall find someone with rare gifts not the dude who makes the most of what he was given 

• Thumb Down 1

6 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

What all-time accuracy numbers?  Are we just making stuff up now?  You forgot to add that he is a two-way player that will excel at OLB and set the rookie sack record.

He should actually just retire now and start the 5-year clock on his gold jacket.

Come on people.  Stop fabricating crap.  he's a good prospect.  he is, in no way, the best prospect who ever walked the earth.

3 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Pitts might actually be the #2 prospect in cfb 

As for the others yes they are all rarer and better bets than Wilson. Even accepting their flaws.

Zach wilson might be a great player somewhere else. This roster as currently constructed will ruin him physically. He's not built for the punishment he would take here. It's not personal it's strictly business. 

I'm a traits dude. Darnold and Sanchez were supposed to accuracy guys. It's 2 overall find someone with rare gifts not the dude who makes the most of what he was given 

Darnold and Sanchez were accuracy guys? According to whom? Retroactively, it’s nonsense and if you go back and look at their stats and tape it’s nonsense. The tape holds up with Wilson. He has other flaws but he’s a QB so let’s talk QB traits. What does he lack besides 5 lbs?

Let’s talk Pitts. A TE who doesn’t block. So he’s a mismatch guy playing inline. Is he a better receiver than Waddle, Chase, Smith? How are other first round TE’s doing? Noah Fant - 673 yards, TJ Hockenson- 723, what about “Unicorn” OJ Howard - a high of 575 yards. The production compared to draft capital used paints a clear picture of value. 

11 minutes ago, nycdan said:

What all-time accuracy numbers?  Are we just making stuff up now?  You forgot to add that he is a two-way player that will excel at OLB and set the rookie sack record.

He should actually just retire now and start the 5-year clock on his gold jacket.

Come on people.  Stop fabricating crap.  he's a good prospect.  he is, in no way, the best prospect who ever walked the earth.

I should say according to PFF. I would also say the same thing about Fields, another uncommonly accurate QB. 

However, if you wanna put words in my mouth and make no good arguments go ahead.