How many yards will Zach Wilson throw for this year with the Jets?

Maxman

40 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Darnold and Sanchez were accuracy guys? According to whom? Retroactively, it’s nonsense and if you go back and look at their stats and tape it’s nonsense. The tape holds up with Wilson. He has other flaws but he’s a QB so let’s talk QB traits. What does he lack besides 5 lbs?

Let’s talk Pitts. A TE who doesn’t block. So he’s a mismatch guy playing inline. Is he a better receiver than Waddle, Chase, Smith? How are other first round TE’s doing? Noah Fant - 673 yards, TJ Hockenson- 723, what about “Unicorn” OJ Howard - a high of 575 yards. The production compared to draft capital used paints a clear picture of value. 

it's extremely hard to have either of these conversations about traits without numbers

wilson might actually be 6'1 and a half we don't even have a real height on the dude 

Pitts might run a 4.3. Again we don't really know until it happens or doesn't. 

this non combine year has been a boon for players like WIlson who's best qualities are not measured with a stop watch 

as for Darnold and Sanchez they weren't world class tall or fast or strong or athletic they were billed as accuracy or mobility guys who threw from bad platforms etc. Zach Wilson isn't Cam Newton his top 5 status is based on nebulous non measurable qualities... which is fine for rd 2 just not at 2 overall  

side note TJ Hock is a baller 

17 minutes ago, bitonti said:

it's extremely hard to have either of these conversations about traits without numbers

wilson might actually be 6'1 and a half we don't even have a real height on the dude 

this non combine year has been a boon for players like WIlson who's best qualities are not measured with a stop watch 

as for Darnold and Sanchez they weren't world class tall or fast or strong or athletic they were billed as accuracy or mobility guys who threw from bad platforms etc. Zach Wilson isn't Cam Newton his top 5 status is based on nebulous non measurable qualities... which is fine for rd 2 just not at 2 overall  

Maybe hes closer to 6'4".  Nah, its more fun to speculate that hes small.  Has a weak arm.  Isnt athletic.  Blah, blah, blah

His top 5 rating is because of his production this season.  Nothing more.  

15 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Yes but what he offers on the field isn’t consistent enough of a game changer to warrant 8 overall. That’s just how TEs are, which is why you don’t take one early.

Wilson is by all measures really good in the pocket. He’s good down field and he’s good when his receivers have no separation. QB things worth drafting early. What about Joe Burrow? where’s his uncommon physical trait? What about Matt Stafford? Aaron Rodgers? Drew Brees? QB aren’t measured by physical traits but by their ability to throw and Wilson (and Fields) have an uncommon ability to hit players downfield. 

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

You're to blame for all these QB experts who think this is a real thing?

Nice job, I envy you

Sir, there is a video on it. On the internet.  I just became an expert. 

I wish I had known all this over the last 50 years. 

You know who didn’t click heels? 

Joe Willie Namath. Notice how clean his white shoes were, especially from the instep back. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Sir, there is a video on it. On the internet.  I just became an expert. 

I wish I had known all this over the last 50 years. 

You know who didn’t click heels? 

Joe Willie Namath. Notice how clean his white shoes were, especially from the instep back. 

Clicks his heels, pushes his ;head leg forward on deep asses, my favorite, is weak armed and since there isnt a combine its probable that hes shorter than his listed hight.  No chance hes taller like with Baker 

Just now, Jet Nut said:

Clicks his heels, pushes his ;head leg forward on deep asses, my favorite, is weak armed and since there isnt a combine its probable that hes shorter than his listed hight.  No chance hes taller like with Baker 

You can speculate all you want to about his height, his weight, his desire because he’s a filthy rich kid. We don’t really know.  

There is no speculation on his arm. 

He has an absolute hose. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Philc1 said:

Fun Fact: Zach Attack threw for 240 yards against the only semi-real defense he faced last season

C427BB41-2524-4BF6-86FF-AADE60528697.jpeg

Probably closer to 260 since one of his receivers ran backwards 20 yards.

Fun Fact: Trevor Lawrence threw for 195 against VA Tech including a garbage time 65 yard TD in the 4th quarter. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, kdels62 said:

Probably closer to 260 since one of his receivers ran backwards 20 yards.

Fun Fact: Trevor Lawrence threw for 195 against VA Tech including a garbage time 65 yard TD in the 4th quarter. 

You guys will do whatever mental gymnastics it takes to rationalize Wilson not being good facing the only sorta legit defense he saw last year

9 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

You guys will do whatever mental gymnastics it takes to rationalize Wilson not being good facing the only sorta legit defense he saw last year

You should watch games instead of reading stat sheets.  

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Maxman said:

I don't think he will, I don't remember anyone making that statement either. He came close but damn his was a train wreck when he opened his mouth.

Rex should have just kept his wife's feet firmly planted in his big mouth and we'd have won a 2nd SB.

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Maxman said:

Not as bad as that 10,000 word disaster you posted. People actually reported it, that is how bad yours failed.

Hahahaha, I feel so flattered. The guy makes a living posting the equivalent of Homer's Odyssey and spams the board with 10,000 word disasters at every turn and I get in "trouble" for a harmless dig. You can't make it up, lol. Cheers.

20 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

I remember a few years ago, may have been another board, where the folks that hated Baker kept downsizing him from 6-1 to 6-0 to 5-11 and by draft day they had him at 5-9. 

And also had him at 27 years old by draft day. 

He still sucks and we had him rated ahead of Darnold.