All is quiet on the Jets front

We have 46 days until the draft next month in April!!!

We all do not really know if Darnold is staying or going???

We don't even know if the Jets are trading their #2 pick or using it???

We are guessing at best because all we know is what the media has told us and they are guessing. GM Joe Douglas is doing a very good job of not leaking to the media of what he has in mind. He has been very quiet!!!!

What does everyone think???

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Shhhh - be quiet or you will wake Joe up again and  he will sign another D lineman and another safety or maybe another receiver for good measure. Let him sleep for a day or 2.  

• Thumb Down 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 2
5 hours ago, AL047 said:

We are guessing at best because all we know is what the media has told us and they are guessing. GM Joe Douglas is doing a very good job of not leaking to the media of what he has in mind. He has been very quiet!!!!

As a general matter, I think it is good that nobody seems to know what the Jets are going to do.

5 hours ago, AL047 said:

Animation Puppy GIF by The Mitchells vs. The Machines

• Upvote 1

Leigh Fordham sold me out
46 days and the coal ran out
Please come round here another day
Sit yourself down when you're ready to stay

She dug down when they took the town
Lookin' for clues but they couldn't be found
Leigh found out she was ready to roam
47 days and the coal came home

Taste the fear
For the devil's drawing near

6 hours ago, AL047 said:

In the end I think they will draft Wilson. It is the move with the most positives IMO. Some think keeping Darnold and building a team around him with additional picks is better but I think in those cases the projected ceiling they have of Darnold with new coaching and weapons is pretty unrealistic. I see no reason why even with a better OL and weapons he will still not be among the worst QBs in the NFL. He has not adjusted well to the speed of the NFL in going through reads, and being able to stay in the pocket and make plays. He is also still routinely fooled by opposing defenses. As an example, some are down on Mims, but the reality is Mims was wide open a lot and Darnold never sold him. 

These are not the only 2 options. We could try and trade down and still take a QB, but that option suggests that you think the QBs are not really elite prospects, or we could trade down not pick a QB and roll with Morgan. But nothing really suggests that as viable.

In the end Wilson on a rookie contract without needing to trade up for him is too compelling IMO and we should still be able to get a pick or 2 for Darnold. I am not opposed to trading up for someone like Pitts in addition to Wilson if we decide to go that route.

• Upvote 1
6 hours ago, AL047 said:

I think we really dont know, nobody knows other than JD and some in the building.

And thats the way it should be.  

1 hour ago, JetsFanShawn said:

ether Deffnsie or Offensie line frist then Draft a good QB 

Definitely Deffnsie line first

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

Is that supposed to be Joe Douglas sneaking up on some unsuspecting backup OG for a big attack?

No, that's me about the tear this entire thread a new  one and send it to the bottom of the Long Island Sound.

• Haha 1
Vontae Mack ... No Matter What.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using JetNation.com mobile app

Our reporters are doing a terrible job. They’ve been so used to feeding off leaks that they don’t know what to do with their time.

They could be trying to gain information on what defense and offense the Jets plan to use. Doing deep dives into each scheme. Write an article on how the Jets intend to use Joyner or Rankins. They could interview the new guys an introduce them to Jets fans. Tons of stuff but all they want is the hot take. 

i dont think he knows what hes doing right now.

i think there are still some pro days left for QBs. maybe he hasnt fell in love with anyone yet. 

we got 46 days, whats the rush.