Corey Davis Signed expecting Darnold to be QB1

usanyj

9 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

What do you expect him to say? "Yeah, I signed under the condition that they're getting rid of the guy."

Exactly.  That's the canned answer.

There is literally NOTHING else he can say.  He can't even say no comment or I'm not sure.  

In the first part of that he gave as vague as answer as he possibly could and the follow up just shut down the question.

3 minutes ago, genot said:

After he signed, i posted a message to all the Darnold detractors. "Ask Corey Davis who the QB will be". If someone can pull that up, that would be cool. Everybody in the league knows that Sam has strong skills. Almost everybody who's coached or played the game knows how hamstrung he's been. On the field. And on the sidelines. 

They must be knocking our door down with multiple No. 1's for Sam.  This draft is going to be a blast.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, genot said:

After he signed, i posted a message to all the Darnold detractors. "Ask Corey Davis who the QB will be". If someone can pull that up, that would be cool. Everybody in the league knows that Sam has strong skills. Almost everybody who's coached or played the game knows how hamstrung he's been. On the field. And on the sidelines. 

Great news,. In that case, we should have no problem getting the first round pick that JD supposedly wants for him

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

7 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Exactly.  That's the canned answer.

There is literally NOTHING else he can say.  He can't even say no comment or I'm not sure.  

In the first part of that he gave as vague as answer as he possibly could and the follow up just shut down the question.

He could have said "I'm here to play for the jets no matter who's under center I want to win ect ect"

Now if they trade Darnold after Davis saying he signed to play with him it looks like the jets sold him a lie.

• Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, Biggs said:

They must be knocking our door down with multiple No. 1's for Sam.  This draft is going to be a blast.

Sam isn't available. If he was, he'd be gone by now. You think Douglas has the expectation that a team offering a 2nd, and was turned down, is going to come back and offer up a 1st. Please. 

• Upvote 4
  • WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1

Just by knowing how the front office operates, I think that he was likely told "right now, this is what you should expect"

Either way, the coaching staff is really high on Darnold. The front office is really high on Darnold. I think if you gave Douglas truth serum and said, "if the Panthers submit a fair offer for #2, is that your preferred path?", he would say yes. The big question right now is whether he'll get a fair offer for #2, and if he doesn't, would he trade Darnold for pick #40-45 and a future pick and take Wilson, or would he take less for #2 but still enough to be satisfied. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, undertow said:

The people who want Darnold gone don't find this to be a interesting statement but repost every random Twitter account saying they are "hearing" the Jets are drafting a QB. Lol

It's the only piece of concrete evidence that has leaked out of the franchise so far. I'd say joe might not be to happy with his play to make everyone believe he is taking Wilson

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, adobolo2 said:

It's the only piece of concrete evidence that has leaked out of the franchise so far. I'd say joe might not be to happy with his play to make everyone believe he is taking Wilson

Exactly that's why its hilarious its not being taken seriously. 

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, genot said:

Sam isn't available. If he was, he'd be gone by now. You think Douglas has the expectation that a team offering a 2nd, and was turned down, is going to come back and offer up a 1st. Please. 

If Sam wasn't available, Douglas wouldn't pick up the phone. He'd be doing exactly what Houston has been doing with Watson - "Sam's not available. He's our QB."

Douglas is trying to swing for the fences and get another 1st round pick. It's obvious that he values Sam, but it's also obvious that he's "available" - hence, the trade talks.

• Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, football guy said:

Just by knowing how the front office operates, I think that he was likely told "right now, this is what you should expect"

Either way, the coaching staff is really high on Darnold. The front office is really high on Darnold. I think if you gave Douglas truth serum and said, "if the Panthers submit a fair offer for #2, is that your preferred path?", he would say yes. The big question right now is whether he'll get a fair offer for #2, and if he doesn't, would he trade Darnold for pick #40-45 and a future pick and take Wilson, or would he take less for #2 but still enough to be satisfied. 

F738A5EB-7208-4B86-B49D-D775CD711A65.gif

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, football guy said:

To me, if that is JD's position, he's not sold on Wilson and therefore shouldn't draft him.

• Upvote 1

Yep. If they get a really good offer for # 2 Jets will trade out and let it ride with sam and a ton of draft picks. If Douglas doesn’t get strong offers for #2 (which I doubt) I think he will go with Wilson. Could be win win either way. In no way do I think Jets will draft position player at #2.

• Upvote 2

Assuming Wilson is rated higher than Fields on teams draft boards, would Atlanta make a play for #2?  Why settle when you can get the QB you want.  

In that scenario I would love to do that and then trade down with Carolina if they are willing still willing to move up.  

• Upvote 1