Kyle Pitts 4.46 40 yard dash

I'd hate to see the Dolphins get this guy. Would Joe Douglas drafting Kyle Pitts 2 overall be like David Gettleman drafting Saquan Barkley 2 overall three years ago, or would this be a genius pick by Joe Douglas?

Would you draft Kyle Pitts and then roll with Darnold and/or some other quarterback prospect you can target by trading back into the lower first round of this years draft? 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

we cant draft a TE. this would be the equivalent of drafting Jamal Adams all over again with major holes to fill at premium positions. we need OL, we need CB...all much more important.

Yes, and a quarterback.  Blue chip number 2 pick no later .

3 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

That's a question for @football guy

If I had to guess, I'd say a trade with Atlanta makes sense. Don't fall back out the top 5, and gain some more draft capital.

I don't know enough about Atlanta info-wise, but just looking at it from the outside, I don't see why they would trade up. They restructured Matt Ryan's contract this offseason, essentially locking him onto the roster for the next 2 years (unless they were willing to eat $40+ million next year). Are you trading up for a QB who may be on the bench for a full 2 years?

I believe ultimately it will be trade to Carolina. It's going to be hard to peg where Kyle Pitts goes; he can go as high as 3 or as low as 13. I personally don't see him falling past the Cowboys at 10. I think it's possible he goes 3-5, but I wouldn't call it likely. PHI at 6 is more possible so lets play out a hypo: say Jets traded down to 8, Pitts was the top player on their board and he's there at 6. Douglas would likely have the option to strike a deal with the Eagles to move up 2 spots, or sit tight and see what happens. If he has a few players on his board still available including Pitts or strong intel that Eagles/Lions aren't going that route, he'd probably wait it out. If Pitts is by far his best positional player and the drop off is steep after him, then he'd move up. 

Ultimately, I think Pitts goes between 6-9 whether it's to the Jets or someone else. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

i know its not traditional to take a te in the top 5 but pitts is prob the best player in the draft. hes no tight end hes a monster that can do it all. if we trade out and hes still there i dont care. take him in a heart beat. only way you dont is if you fall in love with a qb. im a gators fan but that is not a homer take. the dude is that good.

4 minutes ago, football guy said:

I don't know enough about Atlanta info-wise, but just looking at it from the outside, I don't see why they would trade up. They restructured Matt Ryan's contract this offseason, essentially locking him onto the roster for the next 2 years (unless they were willing to eat $40+ million next year). Are you trading up for a QB who may be on the bench for a full 2 years?

I believe ultimately it will be trade to Carolina. It's going to be hard to peg where Kyle Pitts goes; he can go as high as 3 or as low as 13. I personally don't see him falling past the Cowboys at 10. I think it's possible he goes 3-5, but I wouldn't call it likely. PHI at 6 is more possible so lets play out a hypo: say Jets traded down to 8, Pitts was the top player on their board and he's there at 6. Douglas would likely have the option to strike a deal with the Eagles to move up 2 spots, or sit tight and see what happens. If he has a few players on his board still available including Pitts or strong intel that Eagles/Lions aren't going that route, he'd probably wait it out. If Pitts is by far his best positional player and the drop off is steep after him, then he'd move up. 

Ultimately, I think Pitts goes between 6-9 whether it's to the Jets or someone else. 

I will not be shocked if the Dolphins take him 3 overall. 

35 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

I will not be shocked if the Dolphins take him 3 overall. 

I wouldn't be necessarily shocked either, so the Jets really need to make sure they have 3-4 other guys they really love before committing to a trade down as far as 8, and is why I think the Jets really don't want to move outside of the top 10... potential to be a big drop-off in talent after that

• Upvote 1

Pitts is a rare Calvin Johnson type of talent and you dont pass on rare talents like that in the top 5. The problem with picking Adams in the top 5 is he couldn’t cover. If he covered and hit like Ronnie Lott no one would doubt his worth as a top 5 pick. Sorry guys but Pitts is the best player in the draft. He fills a huge need and I really think the Jets should take him and not look back.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Lol this conversation is really happening?

rhetorical question, it is but it shouldn’t be. We have the second overall pick and a question mark at QB. Give it up boys.

Would you rather have the Calvin Johnson of tight ends or a shot at Aaron Rodgers? Also a rhetorical question.

(*Note: Calvin Johnson only played in 2 playoff games in his career - lost them both but not his fault....because he didn’t have a QB).

• Post of the Week 3