Jump to content

Kyle Pitts 4.46 40 yard dash


Recommended Posts

I'd hate to see the Dolphins get this guy. Would Joe Douglas drafting Kyle Pitts 2 overall be like David Gettleman drafting Saquan Barkley 2 overall three years ago, or would this be a genius pick by Joe Douglas?

Would you draft Kyle Pitts and then roll with Darnold and/or some other quarterback prospect you can target by trading back into the lower first round of this years draft? 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

we cant draft a TE. this would be the equivalent of drafting Jamal Adams all over again with major holes to fill at premium positions. we need OL, we need CB...all much more important.

If the organization didn't believe in Sam Darnold they wouldn't consider it, but the thing is they do believe in him even if every fan thinks they shouldn't, and they have had and will continue to hav

Your drafting a 6'6' 245lb TE with soft hands, who's faster than a lot of wide receivers already starting in the NFL. He's unstoppable one on one. Might be the best player in the draft.

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

we cant draft a TE. this would be the equivalent of drafting Jamal Adams all over again with major holes to fill at premium positions. we need OL, we need CB...all much more important.

Yes, and a quarterback.  Blue chip number 2 pick no later .

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Robert Saleh going from Kittles to Pitts...All gas no brakes.

Bet dat. Who we trading with?  Atlanta?  Lions?  Carolina?

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

That’s a pro day time not combine and there’s no chance of the Jets drafting a TE at 2. The team has too many needs. 

This, i look at every single one of these pro day times and mentally at .1 to.15 to the time.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

That's a question for @football guy

If I had to guess, I'd say a trade with Atlanta makes sense. Don't fall back out the top 5, and gain some more draft capital.

I don't know enough about Atlanta info-wise, but just looking at it from the outside, I don't see why they would trade up. They restructured Matt Ryan's contract this offseason, essentially locking him onto the roster for the next 2 years (unless they were willing to eat $40+ million next year). Are you trading up for a QB who may be on the bench for a full 2 years?

 

I believe ultimately it will be trade to Carolina. It's going to be hard to peg where Kyle Pitts goes; he can go as high as 3 or as low as 13. I personally don't see him falling past the Cowboys at 10. I think it's possible he goes 3-5, but I wouldn't call it likely. PHI at 6 is more possible so lets play out a hypo: say Jets traded down to 8, Pitts was the top player on their board and he's there at 6. Douglas would likely have the option to strike a deal with the Eagles to move up 2 spots, or sit tight and see what happens. If he has a few players on his board still available including Pitts or strong intel that Eagles/Lions aren't going that route, he'd probably wait it out. If Pitts is by far his best positional player and the drop off is steep after him, then he'd move up. 

Ultimately, I think Pitts goes between 6-9 whether it's to the Jets or someone else. 

  • Upvote 3
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

i know its not traditional to take a te in the top 5 but pitts is prob the best player in the draft. hes no tight end hes a monster that can do it all. if we trade out and hes still there i dont care. take him in a heart beat. only way you dont is if you fall in love with a qb. im a gators fan but that is not a homer take. the dude is that good.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, football guy said:

I don't know enough about Atlanta info-wise, but just looking at it from the outside, I don't see why they would trade up. They restructured Matt Ryan's contract this offseason, essentially locking him onto the roster for the next 2 years (unless they were willing to eat $40+ million next year). Are you trading up for a QB who may be on the bench for a full 2 years?

 

I believe ultimately it will be trade to Carolina. It's going to be hard to peg where Kyle Pitts goes; he can go as high as 3 or as low as 13. I personally don't see him falling past the Cowboys at 10. I think it's possible he goes 3-5, but I wouldn't call it likely. PHI at 6 is more possible so lets play out a hypo: say Jets traded down to 8, Pitts was the top player on their board and he's there at 6. Douglas would likely have the option to strike a deal with the Eagles to move up 2 spots, or sit tight and see what happens. If he has a few players on his board still available including Pitts or strong intel that Eagles/Lions aren't going that route, he'd probably wait it out. If Pitts is by far his best positional player and the drop off is steep after him, then he'd move up. 

Ultimately, I think Pitts goes between 6-9 whether it's to the Jets or someone else. 

I will not be shocked if the Dolphins take him 3 overall. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, k-met57 said:

we cant draft a TE. this would be the equivalent of drafting Jamal Adams all over again with major holes to fill at premium positions. we need OL, we need CB...we need a QB....all much more important.

Some slight editing for ya! 👍🏾

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

This, i look at every single one of these pro day times and mentally at .1 to.15 to the time.

Previous GMs have said they don’t discount pro day 40 times. Discrediting pro days is a fan thing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

I will not be shocked if the Dolphins take him 3 overall. 

I wouldn't be necessarily shocked either, so the Jets really need to make sure they have 3-4 other guys they really love before committing to a trade down as far as 8, and is why I think the Jets really don't want to move outside of the top 10... potential to be a big drop-off in talent after that

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Pitts is a rare Calvin Johnson type of talent and you dont pass on rare talents like that in the top 5. The problem with picking Adams in the top 5 is he couldn’t cover. If he covered and hit like Ronnie Lott no one would doubt his worth as a top 5 pick. Sorry guys but Pitts is the best player in the draft. He fills a huge need and I really think the Jets should take him and not look back.


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

  • Post of the Week 1
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Lol this conversation is really happening?
 

rhetorical question, it is but it shouldn’t be. We have the second overall pick and a question mark at QB. Give it up boys.

Would you rather have the Calvin Johnson of tight ends or a shot at Aaron Rodgers? Also a rhetorical question.
 

(*Note: Calvin Johnson only played in 2 playoff games in his career - lost them both but not his fault....because he didn’t have a QB).

  • Post of the Week 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...