Kyle Pitts 4.46 40 yard dash

7 hours ago, PS17 said:

The three best tight ends in football were taken in the third (Kelce) and fifth rounds (Kittle, Waller). Gronk was a second rounder. Hernandez went in the fourth. I will lose my sh*t if we pick a tight end at 2 with a glaring need at QB. 

Kyle Brady and Anthony Becht were 1st round picks.  

Memo to JD: Picking a TE early in the draft will invoke a horror you could never have imagined.

5 minutes ago, RSJ said:

A lot of media types are saying this - but there still are lots of things not to like about Wilson.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Certainly not from my perspective.  But you can say that about any QB prospect.

You may think there's a lot to like about him and that's fine, we're all entitled to our opinions - but to say it's reach as a matter of fact is simply not accurate.  By most accounts he has #1 overall talent.  

Even The Jaguars are giving him a very serious look.  

I suspect what's happening now is the exact opposite of a reach.  My guess is JD would love to trade down, but The ZW is too good of a prospect to pass on.

4 hours ago, RSJ said:

What keeps getting lost in this is how good Pitts can be. If you are sure he will be Ozzie Newsome then you dont risk trading back. Its what I keep saying about Jamal. If you could have lined him up all over the defense like Ronnie Lott could then you pick him in the top 5. If not then you dont. Same could be said for Pitts and it boils down to how sure JD is. I think that the other first rounder allows JD to gamble a bit.

Ozzie Newsome? You couldn’t of picked someone who’s played in the last 75 years lol

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

What makes you say they're reaching at #2?

By almost all accounts Wilson is a better prospect than Sam was.

If they have known Zach was the pick for awhile, they would have traded Sam weeks ago.

The only evaluation that matters is how the Jets are grading both players. If it really is that close (and it appears that may be the case), it seems Zach is a reach at #2. 

5 minutes ago, y2k8 said:

If they have known Zach was the pick for awhile, they would have traded Sam weeks ago.

The only evaluation that matters is how the Jets are grading both players. If it really is that close (and it appears that may be the case), it seems Zach is a reach at #2. 

Not sure at all how you came to that conclusion. 

You're stating things as fact - that simply aren't.

Once again,  I think's it's quite the opposite.  If they were keeping Sam there's literally no upside in keeping that a secret. To drive up the value of #2 overall - it wouldn't do that.  The only thing you're doing is alienating your QB.

They wouldn't be holding their starting QB out to dry this long if they had any intention of keeping him.  If they were keeping him - having that knowledge out there would only benefit the market for #2.

At this point, IMO, they're simply waiting for Zach and Fields pro-day before moving him.  I suspect Sam will be traded by the end of next week.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Not sure at all how you came to that conclusion. 

You're stating things as fact - that simply aren't.

Once again,  I think's it's quite the opposite.  If they were keeping Sam there's literally no upside in keeping that a secret. To drive up the value of #2 overall - it wouldn't do that.  The only thing you're doing is alienating your QB.

They wouldn't be holding their starting QB out to dry this long if they had any intention of keeping him.  If they were keeping him - having that knowledge out there would only benefit the market for #2.

At this point, IMO, they're simply waiting for Zach and Fields pro-day before moving him.  I suspect Sam will be traded by the end of next week.

I came to that opinion because there were more trade partners 3 weeks ago than there are today.  That's factual. 

Also, do you think Jacksonville needed to see Trevor Lawrences Pro Day to decide if they want to draft him? Pre surgery no less?

My conjecture based on what we know - or think we know - is that if the Jets need to see Zach's pro day before making a call, they don't believe he is the no brainer pick at #2 that you do. 

• Upvote 2

Certainly not from my perspective.  But you can say that about any QB prospect.
You may think there's a lot to like about him and that's fine, we're all entitled to our opinions - but to say it's reach as a matter of fact is simply not accurate.  By most accounts he has #1 overall talent.  
Even The Jaguars are giving him a very serious look.  
I suspect what's happening now is the exact opposite of a reach.  My guess is JD would love to trade down, but The ZW is too good of a prospect to pass on.

That just couldnt be further from the truth. Wilson doesn’t have the size to be considered the top QB talent in any draft, ever.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, football guy said:

I think the Jets are more driven to find a way to get Kyle Pitts than they are worried about the QB situation

Because Pitts is a matchup nightmare.  How many of these first round tight ends that are supposed to be the cautionary tales for us dominated top competition?  

8 hours ago, y2k8 said:

I came to that opinion because there were more trade partners 3 weeks ago than there are today.  That's factual. 

Also, do you think Jacksonville needed to see Trevor Lawrences Pro Day to decide if they want to draft him? Pre surgery no less?

My conjecture based on what we know - or think we know - is that if the Jets need to see Zach's pro day before making a call, they don't believe he is the no brainer pick at #2 that you do. 

So when San is traded by the end of next week and Wilson is drafted at #2 overall.

Will you concede I was correct?

6 hours ago, football guy said:

I think the Jets are more driven to find a way to get Kyle Pitts than they are worried about the QB situation

That's some statement, in a good way.

It's a pity this message board didn't see it the same way.

Pitts is the second best player in this draft even considering his blocking will require much improvement.

How far do you see him falling? Atlanta, eagles? I personally don't think he will be on the board at 8th if we end up with that pick.

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

So when San is traded by the end of next week and Wilson is drafted at #2 overall.

Will you concede I was correct?

Sure. I guess. I mean, I hope if the Jets do pick Zach at #2, they are as enthusiastic about the player as you are. 

I'm not against them selecting him. I just want them to be 100 percent sold on him as THE GUY they cannot pass up. 

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, y2k8 said:

Sure. I guess. I mean, I hope if the Jets do pick Zach at #2, they are as enthusiastic about the player as you are. 

I'm not against them selecting him. I just want them to be 100 percent sold on him as THE GUY they cannot pass up. 

Agree completely.  
I honestly don’t think they would take him otherwise.  
I can say I’m excited for tomorrow.  More than anything else looking forward to putting this height abs weight thing behind us.  

On 3/23/2021 at 9:00 PM, playtowinthegame said:

I'd hate to see the Dolphins get this guy. Would Joe Douglas drafting Kyle Pitts 2 overall be like David Gettleman drafting Saquan Barkley 2 overall three years ago, or would this be a genius pick by Joe Douglas?

Would you draft Kyle Pitts and then roll with Darnold and/or some other quarterback prospect you can target by trading back into the lower first round of this years draft? 

Micah Parsons ran a 4.39 40. We can draft him to run after Pitts! 

• Haha 2

On 3/23/2021 at 9:10 PM, Barton said:

How often do tight ends run 40 yards straight downfield again?

Vernon Davis ran a 4.38 and was a good but never a great player. Had over 800 yards only 3 times in a 15+ year career. 

Not saying Pitts isnt gonna be great. But 40 yard dash for a tight end? Nice to see but ehhh in terms of relevance. 

His tape speaks to the other aspects of his game. 

9 hours ago, Philc1 said:

34FB7DDE-5EF6-41A9-9CDE-7D5BB74C2660.jpeg.492dbb907f2bc8427638d534f810f504.jpeg

Whats the matter, Google doesnt work?  Because with my Google, Chase is rated above Pitts in every single top 50 rankings list.  You can like Pitts over Chase but the dumb assed pic says youre confused by simple logic

17 hours ago, RSJ said:

Are you saying Murray or Mayfield are good? Neither has done much of anything on teams that are superbly talented.

I think Mayfield has been good, yes - had a good year last year.  He did just win a playoff game.

But that’s not really the point, The point was you said The ZW would never be considered to be drafted #1 overall because he’s too small.

I just pointed to the fact that 2 of the past 3 years a QB smaller than The ZW has been drafted #1 overall.

Say you dont’ thank ZW would be drafted #1 overall because you think he stinks....or isn’t good enough, that’s fine.  But it has nothing to do with his size.

I think Mayfield has been good, yes - had a good year last year.  He did just win a playoff game.
But that’s not really the point, The point was you said The ZW would never be considered to be drafted #1 overall because he’s too small.
I just pointed to the fact that 2 of the past 3 years a QB smaller than The ZW has been drafted #1 overall.
Say you dont’ thank ZW would be drafted #1 overall because you think he stinks....or isn’t good enough, that’s fine.  But it has nothing to do with his size.

I said he shouldn’t be because of his size. Idk how you can say Mayfield has been good. He has been Sanchez good. He has all the weapons in the world on that team. Good franchises dont pick shrimps in the top 5.

1 minute ago, RSJ said:

I said he shouldn’t be because of his size. Idk how you can say Mayfield has been good. He has been Sanchez good. He has all the weapons in the world on that team. Good franchises dont pick shrimps in the top 5.

If he measures 6'3, 215 today will he be too small?