Quarantine Mafia - Game Thread (GAME OVER)

So, I don’t get the sense that scum would have any motivation to push the game - given how slow it’s going - which makes me lean town on Spoot. Barry’s reaction caught my attention a little.

Not sure why Nolderp is floating gross theories this early, but I want to be mindful of chalking it up as Nolderp being Nolderp.

A lot of joke-ah votes well distributed.

A lot of big mouths not really going much yet. Myself included, I suppose.

At this point, I’d argue for a deadline extension if people start contributing. Otherwise, it’s going to be an uninformative D1 and a fire drill at 4 tomorrow.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

crusher - to find the spoot post I was referring to do an iso on him and go to about the middle of the first page. 1:43 PM on thursday.

spoot - what you said pinged, and I voted you. Nolder stood out more so I voted him. you pretending to be so alarmed by this "pattern" is funny.

Please, by all means, walk me through which of Nolder's posts stood out to you so much that needed to switch your vote, because I'm not believing this.

Make me believe, Barry.

Just now, Barry McCockinner said:

The fact that nolder hadn't voted while posting all along was painfully obvious to anyone paying attention. You're trying too hard.

Because he hadn't put down a useless, obligatory joke vote in the first 5 posts of his?

I think you're trying too hard to make it seem like you're scum hunting.

44 minutes ago, Nolder said:

Unfortunately it doesnt. Let's say I'm right and whoever throws the hammer is infected or w/e. There probably wouldn't be a secondary mechanic to "start" the game. Therefore if we wanted to start someone would have to be lynched and someone would have to bite the bullet and do the lynching. To be fair I'm probably wrong because a lot of assumptions have to be right for this to be a thing.

Who says I'm not?

I dont really like giving my reads D1 because they often change ALOT by the time D2 rolls around. Regardless, no one asked.

I don't really have any major ping on anyone at this point. The only thing I thought really stood out was Beaver feeling the need to explain his vote when no one else did and I called that out. Not to turn it around on you because we're talking about me but do you even have a "top suspect" at this point?

I would be worried more about people my stance doesn't seem to bother than anyone it does.

To be fair my post is more in response to  barry's rationale for having a town lean on you atp. It doesn't make sense to me.

I've read all your posts. Your theory, as I mentioned, is null at best. Obviously we're early in the game and no one's gonna have anything solid but I didn't expect that read from him based on what you brought to the table so far. Which is hardly anything.

You seem a little cocky this game. We havent played together for a while so maybe it's NAI but it stuck out to me. Plus the whole no voting deal seems like horse sh*t to me.

Other things that stuck out to me would mostly include the whole barry/spoot exchange that seemed kinda forced.  

As far as stating reads, I meant at as a substitute to a vote, if you follow through with the no vote deal. Ie with a flip at hand it would be nice to know which way you were leaning, at the very least.

On 3/24/2021 at 4:26 PM, Beaver said:

Yeah I can't vote you......yet.   Doesn't feel right Beaver on Beaver crime.  I'm gonna have to go back to my tried and always failed me in the past method of looking at who hasn't voted and vote them.

*Squints at list*  

Unvote

vote Nyn

giphy.gif

So was there a reason on your pick?

At this time Drums, Nolder, Brick and GATA hadnt voted yet either.

46 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

To be fair my post is more in response to  barry's rationale for having a town lean on you atp. It doesn't make sense to me.

I've read all your posts. Your theory, as I mentioned, is null at best. Obviously we're early in the game and no one's gonna have anything solid but I didn't expect that read from him based on what you brought to the table so far. Which is hardly anything.

You seem a little cocky this game. We havent played together for a while so maybe it's NAI but it stuck out to me. Plus the whole no voting deal seems like horse sh*t to me.

Other things that stuck out to me would mostly include the whole barry/spoot exchange that seemed kinda forced.  

As far as stating reads, I meant at as a substitute to a vote, if you follow through with the no vote deal. Ie with a flip at hand it would be nice to know which way you were leaning, at the very least.

Cocky huh? I don't feel cocky lol. Is it a good thing or a bad thing?

I will let you know if im leaning any way but right now I'm really not.

A few people seem to be acting a little weird but I haven't decided if I think it's scummy or not yet.

49 minutes ago, Jetscode1 said:

@Nynaeve,

What do you make of @Spoot-Face insinuating you're town?

It wasn't a genuine insinuation meant to be taken seriously. It was an off the cuff remark meant to troll Pac more than anything. But I'm glad it's drawing out reactions.

Instead of asking other people what they think about it, how about telling us what you think about it?

Hold on a second a sec ...

The spirits are speaking to me ...

They're telling me what your response will be ...

They say ...

"JC says 'GFY'."

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jetscode1 said:

@Nynaeve,

What do you make of @Spoot-Face insinuating you're town?

I didn't really view it as a slip, if that's what you're asking. I was mostly amused by the implication that Pac would be scared of me. It's this whole thing with Barry that I haven't been too keen on though his latest posts have improved in that regard.

I do think spoot's question was redundant, seeing as Pac would offer to hammer his own ma if it came to it... so I don't think Pac saying that was for anything but lulz.

Also... hai :D

• Sympathy 1

34 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

It wasn't a genuine insinuation meant to be taken seriously. It was an off the cuff remark meant to troll Pac more than anything. But I'm glad it's drawing out reactions.

Instead of asking other people what they think about it, how about telling us what you think about it?

Hold on a second a sec ...

The spirits are speaking to me ...

They're telling me what your response will be ...

They say ...

"JC says 'GFY'."

>.>

If you're glad it's drawing reactions, why are you getting in the way of my reacting to it?

• Upvote 1

Note that spoot says his comment to pac about him being scum afraid of nyn wasn't to be taken seriously yet he thought my vote on pac for the reason of being a filthy pig was definitely serious business and needed to be interrogated. Good to know. Looking forward to the spoot rules on what is to be taken seriously and not seriously going forward.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

>.>

If you're glad it's drawing reactions, why are you getting in the way of my reacting to it?

He tagged me in that post, which I took as on open invitation to respond. Which I did. That did not prevent you from reacting in any way, shape or form.

2 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

The fact that nolder hadn't voted while posting all along was painfully obvious to anyone paying attention. You're trying too hard.

I can see that, and it’s a fine reason for a vote at that stage. But I also kind of see what Spoot’s getting at. My question would be why did you vote Nolder because of his not voting anyone, but then only question him about that later on after the point had been raised by another poster?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Note that spoot says his comment to pac about him being scum afraid of nyn wasn't to be taken seriously yet he thought my vote on pac for the reason of being a filthy pig was definitely serious business and needed to be interrogated. Good to know. Looking forward to the spoot rules on what is to be taken seriously and not seriously going forward.

It was the timing of your vote, coupled with your qualifying jokey "reason" for doing so, as if to forgive you for placing a lazy bandwagon, and potentially momentum swinging vote with deadline looming. Again, if you thought I pinged so hard, why not put your vote back to me after Nolder, rather than going for the low hanging fruit-picker Pachole?

And, yeah, you're totally not feeling pressure from me at all.

motion seriously GIF by lilcozynostril

10 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

I can see that, and it’s a fine reason for a vote at that stage. But I also kind of see what Spoot’s getting at. My question would be why did you vote Nolder because of his not voting anyone, but then only question him about that later on after the point had been raised by another poster?

I'll answer for him:

Because  he's  teh scum.