I always thought from the begining Darnold wouldn’t be traded till draft day

8 hours ago, slats said:

It doesn't, though. If they take Wilson and he busts, the Jets have neither a QB nor or the value that the #2 overall pick can bring back in a trade. 

If they stick with Darnold and he doesn't turn the corner, but trade down from #2 and add extra players in the first and second rounds this year and have a third first rounder in 2022, they will have more than enough ammo to target a QB, then. If Darnold is so bad, at least one of those picks will be high. Need to keep rooting for Wilson to get moved. :) 

I've said all along that if they love the QB they should take him, but if they don't; they shouldn't. Seems like that's still where they are as they evaluate the QBs and the returns they can get in trades for Darnold or the #2. You may've written Darnold off, but the guys running the team still apparently believe that Darnold can at least be a solid starter in this league. It's obvious that you don't like it, but there's a logic to keeping the inexpensive, young, veteran at QB while your rookie head coach and offensive coordinator put their systems and program in place. All while adding additional premium picks to help build a roster that still needs a lot of work. They'll be much better equipped to incorporate a rookie QB into the program in its second year, when it's already up and running and (hopefully!) looking like it might work. Or -who knows?- maybe Darnold surprises you the way Josh Allen surprised @Jetsfan80. It happens. 

I don't know which way they're gonna go, but if they decide to take the QB at #2 this year, they need to be right about him. If they don't, and Darnold isn't working out, they've just punted the decision back a year. It's not nearly as catastrophic. 

agree with this. If you stick with Darnold and fail you can still build a good team and get a QB next year. If you take Wilson and fail, its a 3-5 year mistake, and likely fatal for this entire FO and staff.

• Upvote 1

On 3/24/2021 at 12:03 PM, Beerfish said:

The only reason to trade Darnold before draft day is if some team made a great offer and said take it or leave it and here is your deadline to agree.

The situation is more likely a few teams have asked about him and they know about what teams are willing to pay.

I believe what a few of our 'insiders' have said that the Jets have not decide yet what they will do and they could very well still trade down from #2 if the offer is a huge one.

As much as it gauls people on this site the Jets have to major options, trade down and keep darnod for one more prove it year or at the draft take a QB at #2 and then trade darnold.

As an aside when i misspelled Darnold as danrold spell check told me the word was supposed to be Goldenrod

My wife calls me Goldenrod ?

• Upvote 1

On 3/24/2021 at 1:50 PM, johnnysd said:

If he is not traded before the draft it will be shocking if he was traded during it. Just doesn't happen with early picks for players on draft day. There are physicals and other issues which make it too hard. If he is not traded by next Wednesday he is not being traded before the draft.

Maybe trade him after the draft for a player like an exp. CB or G.

If Joe and company really dont want wilson and just trying to milk some team out of picks...wishfull thinking BUT...what if Miami traded us 4 firsts including there 6th to four pick... Then traded back agin to panthers for another couple firsts...

Make believe land is awesome....thats where I am at right now.

On 3/24/2021 at 11:24 AM, RogerVick1980 said:

I know people are panicking about Darnolds value or thinking maybe they are keeping him  because he’s not traded yet but from the begining I thought it was clear he’d be traded draft day.

This was a offseason where a lot of Qbs were available in FA and two rumored to be were franchise Qbs so there was no reason for a team to settle for Darnold right away.

Add in a great draft for Qb’s and it gives teams even less reason to trade for Darnold early.

Ive thought all along whatever team gets shutout of Qb’s in FA and is picking too low to draft a Qb or trade  up for one will be the one that trades for Darnold.

What Darnolds value is I have no idea.. Always thought the rumors he could get a first back was insane even a 2nd rounder seemed ambitious but will find out.

But I don’t necessarily think because he hasn’t been traded yet that it means there is zero market for him.

I mean looks like they plan on taking Wilson and overplayed their hand after today on moving Darnold. I'm guessing its Wilson from the fact we likely fielded the same calls from SF and said no. I thought they were the best fit for him, that's not happening now. Supply and demand requires a demand, most have moved on with their plans. Nobody to really bid against. Maybe Chicago at this point? But I doubt we'll get a second 

1 hour ago, NamathToCaster said:

I am hearing Carolina Panthers might be interested in a trade for Darnold and getting the Darnold to R. Anderson connection going again.

If that is a discussion Carolina is having, the question becomes trade value. Would Sam & 23 get us #8? We probably need to throw in a lesser pick as a sweetener. Or...You trade Sam for a ‘22 first and have 3 picks next year in Rd 1