15 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

2020 Jets

Best position group:  dline

Worst position group:  oline

2021 Jets offseason

Dline:  sign everyone!

Oline:  ehhh...

Think About It Reaction GIF by Identity

The Jets 'Dline' has been the focal point of the team for every year I can remember watching football

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

2020 Jets

2021 Jets offseason

Well agreed, but remember the Giants with almost nothing other than a complete stout DLine won 2 SBs with it. Please don't tell me Eli and his Oline were the reason for those victories.

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, GreenReaper said:

IMO the draft looks to be shaping up like this...

OFFENSE:  QB-OL-OL-OL-TE-RB-WR

DEFENSE:  CB-EDGE-LB

JD is stroking Saleh-Ulbrich in FA.  And will do the same for LaFleur in the draft

Would anyone be surprised if the pick was interior DL at 23 or 34?

I've watched enough of this team to believe it's absolutely possible and wouldn't shock me in the least bit.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I rather give out a bunch of small 1/2 year deals to DL than use draft picks on them. 

3 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

The positive spin is that this should guarantee that we won't be spending high draft picks on DL, and instead, can focus on the worst offense and secondary in football. 

3 minutes ago, UnknownJetFan said:

Well agreed, but remember the Giants with almost nothing other than a complete stout DLine won 2 SBs with it. Please don't tell me Eli and his Oline were the reason for those victories.

I know.  Actually makes sense going oline in the draft, and we're switching to a 4-3.

I'm just going to be on edge 'til JD actually addresses oline in the draft.

He has to.  Right?

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Would anyone be surprised if the pick was interior DL at 23 or 34?

I've watched enough of this team to believe it's absolutely possible and wouldn't shock me in the least bit.

It will likely be the position group that costs the most in FA or hard to get value other than the draft.  I think edge or a olineman is a lock for our second pick. 

21 minutes ago, TokyoJetsFan said:

It will likely be the position group that costs the most in FA or hard to get value other than the draft.  I think edge or a olineman is a lock for our second pick. 

Edge would also be a disgraceful pick.  Only second to interior DL.  

We now have one of the better pass rushers in the league and a #3 pick on the interior of the DL that is expected to be able to apply real pressure on the QB.  

Sure, it would be nice to have another premium edge rusher - but with all the holes on this team, specifically on offense - a third highly drafted (or highly paid) pass rusher is a luxury this team simply can't afford.

This is an offensive league - the NFL designed it to be difficult to play defense, they want high scoring games (especially in the regular season). We're building a team for 20 years ago - and most of our fan base seems to be fully on board and asking for more.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Mike135 said:

2020 Jets

2021 Jets offseason

We had terrible edge rushers though. Edge is a major need for us. Lawson helps but we need another edge guy. Last year we had Jordan Jenkins (2 sacks) and Tarrell Basham (3.5 sacks) leading the group.

• Upvote 3

45 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

I know.  Actually makes sense going oline in the draft, and we're switching to a 4-3.

I'm just going to be on edge 'til JD actually addresses oline in the draft.

He has to.  Right?

Yes. Sewell with the #2 pick is my guess.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

what about CB? 

are you guys really comfortable with Austin and Hall as our starters? and who is the 3rd CB who comes in on packages. i dont think we resigned Poole .

i think he has no choice but to pick CB at 23. you can get a OL at 34

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

We had terrible edge rushers though. Edge is a major need for us. Lawson helps but we need another edge guy. Last year we had Jordan Jenkins (2 sacks) and Tarrell Basham (3.5 sacks) leading the group.

Agreed. And I have no problem drafting another edge rusher at pick 23.

Can't have enough of those guys.

• Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, UnknownJetFan said:

They had a back up wide out that could catch passes against his helmet that's premier talent..B)  

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

to be fair this is the first time someone is building the roster the right way since Parcels.

If you mean because they're filling up on DL in FA and not wasting premium picks on them then I agree.

If you mean they are focusing on the D-line as a major focus to winning football games, I couldn't disagree more.

We'll see when they draft.  If they taking anything but offense or CB in the first 2 rounds then they're lost.  

2 hours ago, jetswin said:

in all honesty new scheme, and d line players get exhausted as they get the brunt every snap.  Strength is strength keep it so imho. this guy is solid backup spot starter

Obviously they don't have much faith in Zuninga.

12 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

If you mean because they're filling up on DL in FA and not wasting premium picks on them then I agree.

If you mean they are focusing on the D-line as a major focus to winning football games, I couldn't disagree more.

We'll see when they draft.  If they taking anything but offense or CB in the first 2 rounds then they're lost.  

you saw the 49ers defense rigght and get why they would want the guys we picked up right? its kind based on their play being good.

If they take O line, WR/edge with first two picks taht woudl be completely acceptable, really they dont have to take any offense till second round WR OT and we woudl be good. THey coudl take edge and CB in round 1 or 2 its all very flexible. 

1 minute ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

you saw the 49ers defense rigght and get why they would want the guys we picked up right? its kind based on their play being good.

If they take O line, WR/edge with first two picks taht woudl be completely acceptable, really they dont have to take any offense till second round WR OT and we woudl be good. THey coudl take edge and CB in round 1 or 2 its all very flexible. 

Here's the problem with that and trying to build a defense to win a championship rather than offense.

If you build a good offense you are competitive for years - offense holds.  Look at the good offenses around the league.  They're in the playoffs every year.

Now, look at that SF team you just mentioned.  They go to the Super Bowl...and next year they win 4 games.

Idea being, great defenses have a two year window to win a Super Bowl.  A great offense offers an extended period of time.

Bottom line, if you're building a team from the ground up, like the Jets are right now - we should focus on offense.  

Let's see what the roster looks like opening day, but as of right now it certainly seems JD doesn't get it - and that's worrisome.  

• Post of the Week 1