3 hours ago, RVAJet815 said:

Quite possible. And you’re right, there are some interesting mid round gambles that can be made. I think the point is that Joe is clearing the way to spend the early part of this draft on the offense. There’s no need to spend early on the DLine. Maybe corner is worth an early-ish pick, but everything else is O heavy.

It does seem that way - and I hope you are correct.  

I will have a very serious respect for JD if it ends up playing out as you say.  We would finally have a GM that understand  how to build a team properly.  

But if he goes defense early, I would be very worried.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 2

Question, would you all accept all the defensive signings, if you knew that the Jets went heavy Offense in the he draft? Because thats the vibe I'm getting from the signings sans CB or ELITE OLB dropping.  The jets might have an offensive draft the likes we haven't seen in nearly a decade.

• Upvote 4

Graded out in the top 90th percentile in pressure last year situationally. Really nice pickup for us. We might have a pass rush for the first time in a very long time it seems. With another corner addition this defense may be able to keep us in most games. Lets hope JD solves QB and IOL in the draft.

Coaching is key too. Going from the worst HC in league history to Saleh should be a big positive. A boost at HC and QB could be worth a few wins. We’ve seen teams turn around very quickly in this league 

• Upvote 3
1 hour ago, Jet Life said:

Graded out in the top 90th percentile in pressure last year situationally. Really nice pickup for us. We might have a pass rush for the first time in a very long time it seems. With another corner addition this defense may be able to keep us in most games. Lets hope JD solves QB and IOL in the draft.

Coaching is key too. Going from the worst HC in league history to Saleh should be a big positive. A boost at HC and QB could be worth a few wins. We’ve seen teams turn around very quickly in this league 

No “might” about it. JD just built a top 5 DL in PASS RUSHING. This team is going to crush QB’s next season. Done.

• Upvote 2
2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

JD's Philadelphia connection. 

Clowney would have been a better option.

doubt clowney signs for just over $1MM on a 1-year deal to be a situational pass rusher.

then again, over the last 2 years, clowney has 3 sacks; curry has 8

• Upvote 3
3 minutes ago, jetblue95 said:

doubt clowney signs for just over $1MM on a 1-year deal to be a situational pass rusher.

then again, over the last 2 years, clowney has 3 sacks; curry has 8

Clowney 28 Curry 32 

7 hours ago, flgreen said:

DL sure got a lot of attention 

All the capital spent on d line this off-season isn't even worth a 3 Rd round pick. It's been a bunch of decent talent that let's you use precious draft capital on things like OL/WR/QB/CB. You know, the positions people on here think we should be drafting in a few weeks....

Enjoy the draft.

• Upvote 1
8 hours ago, slats said:

I’d expect this to be an inexpensive place-holder. 

Right. It goes right along with the build through the draft mentality. Filler stop gaps with talent to play while the draft picks develop. Smart imo. 

13 hours ago, CanadaSteve said:

EXACTLY....

You  can hear the naysayers, but what this does is give a little bit more in the pass-rush in case we can't find a good enough one in the draft, or Zuniga doesn't improve.

Daphne has shown nothing, and was drafted to be part of 3-4, Curry has been solid player in league for yrs..

10 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Clowney 28 Curry 32 

i understand clowney has had a better career.  however, he is no longer the pass rushing threat he used to be (witness 3 sacks total over the last 2 years).  for that matter, he is no longer the player he used to be.  and he likely isn't signing a $1MM deal for 1-year to be a situational pass rusher.

6 minutes ago, jetblue95 said:

i understand clowney has had a better career.  however, he is no longer the pass rushing threat he used to be (witness 3 sacks total over the last 2 years).  for that matter, he is no longer the player he used to be.  and he likely isn't signing a $1MM deal for 1-year to be a situational pass rusher.

Clowney doesn’t fit the 4-3

11 hours ago, David Harris said:

No “might” about it. JD just built a top 5 DL in PASS RUSHING. This team is going to crush QB’s next season. Done.

I’m very excited to see QW and Lawson together.  Both guys are very disruptive

• Upvote 2