Jets Signing Tevin Coleman

Bronx

18 minutes ago, Lith said:

Curious to see terms of the contract/guarantees, etc.  Hard to get excited over a 28 year old RB who has been average at best through his career, although I do get the connection to Lafleur and the SF offense.

I guess it is better than a 38 year old RB.  Progress.

Give me Mostert or Jeff Wilson way over Coleman who never really panned out for the Falcons or 49ers.  Ironic that we once had Mostert.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Lith said:

Curious to see terms of the contract/guarantees, etc.  Hard to get excited over a 28 year old RB who has been average at best through his career, although I do get the connection to Lafleur and the SF offense.

I guess it is better than a 38 year old RB.  Progress.

C'mon, don't you want see if Frank "Crazy Legs" Gore can hit 17k?

• Haha 4

This guy is washed up. My guess is we want players to help instill the off and maybe he plays well and get a bonus. It is cheap to have him and probably a good team mate and all taht jazz. I d k. I know in SF he would get the start when healthy then be replaces after the first drive for wilson or whoever sf was running with. 

He proabbly is an upgrade to our RB room, but not an exciting player by any stretch. But some of that could be due to injury. Not sure.

49ers rushed for over 2300 yds in 2019, 2nd in league,  coleman was a part of that 3 man committee, he can still run faster backwards than gore can forward... watch some of 2019  highlights, still plenty of burst there. So much whining, if you were so high on Saleh being our coach, wouldn’t you also have faith that he knows the player ?.. This was a Saleh pick, JD just executed it. Smh.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, riggy001 said:

49ers rushed for over 2300 yds in 2019, 2nd in league,  coleman was a part of that 3 man committee, he can still run faster backwards than gore can forward... watch some of 2019  highlights, still plenty of burst there. So much whining, if you were so high on Saleh being our coach, wouldn’t you also have faith that he knows the player ?.. This was a Saleh pick, JD just executed it. Smh.

Coleman's speed and burst are exceptional. He can hit some huge runs with his speed.

If he can stay healthy - always an issue with him - he can be a valuable piece for the O.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, riggy001 said:

In 2019 he had 2 great games and the rest were mediocre to bad. I’ve followed him for a bit. He’s washed. 

13 minutes ago, Jetsbb said:

Perrine was such a bad pick in the top of the 4th round. They are going to have to use another top pick on the RB position because of that screw up.

OR.....Gase was a horrible coach and didn't know how to use him.