• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Y’all gotta pick and choose which signings to pout about a bit better. The SF offense has been 5 competent RBs deep under Shanny. We’re not looking for the best fantasy RB, we’re building a position g

Tevin Coleman. Not exactly a no name player. 

Ok player for cheap 

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Tevin Coleman, Ty Johnson, La'Mical Perine and Josh Adams are good to roll

Remember, we are trying to score touchdowns.

• Haha 3

Coleman's a decent back when healthy, he's just always nicked up. I would be selecting at least two additional guys in the draft. Lets try and score touchdowns this season.

• Upvote 1
18 minutes ago, Lith said:

Curious to see terms of the contract/guarantees, etc.  Hard to get excited over a 28 year old RB who has been average at best through his career, although I do get the connection to Lafleur and the SF offense.

I guess it is better than a 38 year old RB.  Progress.

Give me Mostert or Jeff Wilson way over Coleman who never really panned out for the Falcons or 49ers.  Ironic that we once had Mostert.

• Upvote 1
Just now, Dcat said:

Give me Mostert or Jeff Wilson way over Coleman who never really panned out for the Falcons or 49ers.  Ironic that we once had Mostert.

Problem, like always, is our coaches have been a POS when evaluating talent.

34 minutes ago, Lith said:

Curious to see terms of the contract/guarantees, etc.  Hard to get excited over a 28 year old RB who has been average at best through his career, although I do get the connection to Lafleur and the SF offense.

I guess it is better than a 38 year old RB.  Progress.

C'mon, don't you want see if Frank "Crazy Legs" Gore can hit 17k?

• Haha 4
13 minutes ago, DoubleDown said:

Not a huge fan. I was hoping the Jets would draft a young difference maker at the position. This signing points to a committee approach.

Coleman isn’t going to be the #1, but at 27 and if finally healthy, he’s a solid #2a or 2b

6 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

Coleman isn’t going to be the #1, but at 27 and if finally healthy, he’s a solid #2a or 2b

Exactly. Committee approach it is.

This guy is washed up. My guess is we want players to help instill the off and maybe he plays well and get a bonus. It is cheap to have him and probably a good team mate and all taht jazz. I d k. I know in SF he would get the start when healthy then be replaces after the first drive for wilson or whoever sf was running with. 

He proabbly is an upgrade to our RB room, but not an exciting player by any stretch. But some of that could be due to injury. Not sure.

Perrine was such a bad pick in the top of the 4th round. They are going to have to use another top pick on the RB position because of that screw up.

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

49ers rushed for over 2300 yds in 2019, 2nd in league,  coleman was a part of that 3 man committee, he can still run faster backwards than gore can forward... watch some of 2019  highlights, still plenty of burst there. So much whining, if you were so high on Saleh being our coach, wouldn’t you also have faith that he knows the player ?.. This was a Saleh pick, JD just executed it. Smh.

• Upvote 2
6 minutes ago, riggy001 said:

49ers rushed for over 2300 yds in 2019, 2nd in league,  coleman was a part of that 3 man committee, he can still run faster backwards than gore can forward... watch some of 2019  highlights, still plenty of burst there. So much whining, if you were so high on Saleh being our coach, wouldn’t you also have faith that he knows the player ?.. This was a Saleh pick, JD just executed it. Smh.

Coleman's speed and burst are exceptional. He can hit some huge runs with his speed.

If he can stay healthy - always an issue with him - he can be a valuable piece for the O.

• Upvote 2
7 minutes ago, riggy001 said:

In 2019 he had 2 great games and the rest were mediocre to bad. I’ve followed him for a bit. He’s washed. 

13 minutes ago, Jetsbb said:

Perrine was such a bad pick in the top of the 4th round. They are going to have to use another top pick on the RB position because of that screw up.

OR.....Gase was a horrible coach and didn't know how to use him.

1 hour ago, SR24 said:

Ok player for cheap 

I agree.  The price is right.  I expect this checks off running back for the draft.  Coleman is tough and durable.  Not good news for Adams imo.

1 hour ago, munchmemory said:

Problem, like always, is our coaches have been a POS when evaluating talent.

How do you have any idea of this CS ability to evaluate talent.  

Kind of curious

1 hour ago, RVAJet815 said:

Barring a bad camp showing, the guys on the roster are probably what you get. Draft is possible but You’re more in the Kylin/Gainwell/Herbert range at that point. Point is the Etienne/Harris stuff is very unlikely.

This.