Jets Signing Tevin Coleman

Bronx

23 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Relax Karens. He’s just a veteran depth signing that knows the coaching staff and his contract is fine for what he is. FFS 

Fck that, there's like a dozen position where that argument has mileage. But not here at RB with his injury history, in system that is anything but complex for the runner. 

I don't like it. But it's done now, so it is what it is.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Not a bad signing.  

Nothing special but will be helpful with the system I imagine.

If Perrine beats him out, Coleman is cut.

If Coleman beats Perrine out, he will be cut.  My guess we roll with a possible guy later in the draft and Adams and Johnson. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

I seem to remember that this guy was a free agent at the same time as Le'Veon Bell and there were a lot of posters on here that wanted him.

Including Vinny Curry I think these are moves being made for culture and locker room to lead the influx of draft picks will be getting the next few years.

Yes! I just want a couple of these at CB...

4 hours ago, DoubleDown said:

Not a huge fan. I was hoping the Jets would draft a young difference maker at the position. This signing points to a committee approach.

We were never going to draft a RB high.  A signing like this does not change the approach of using mid-round picks at RB.  

3 hours ago, Jetsbb said:

Perrine was such a bad pick in the top of the 4th round. They are going to have to use another top pick on the RB position because of that screw up.

Even as a Joe Douglas homer I'll agree that Perine was a bad pick.

The new coaching staff should be able to get something out of him, however.  He just won't likely be the Bilal Powell type back I was hoping he'd be. 

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Even as a Joe Douglas homer I'll agree that Perine was a bad pick.

The new coaching staff should be able to get something out of him, however.  He just won't likely be the Bilal Powell type back I was hoping he'd be. 

Probably the worst pick of his tenure, so far. 

Has very little burst and is a meh athlete. 

JD is a little too obsessed with the team captain thing. 

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

And Douglas is the same guy who I believe played a significant role in drafting Donnell Pumphrey in Philly.

Mid-round RB's just might not be his strong suit....

• Upvote 1

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

And he's the same guy who I believe played a significant role in drafting Donnell Pumphrey in Philly.

Mid-round RB's just might not be his strong suit....

Yea, ouch. 

Hopefully he continues the trend of picking good athletes at premium positions (Becton, Mims, Zuniga). I think that is a good trend that could pan out well given how many picks we have. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Yea, ouch. 

Hopefully he continues the trend of picking good athletes at premium positions (Becton, Mims, Zuniga). I think that is a good trend that could pan out well given how many picks we have. 

I wished he'd extend the athleticism approach to RB as well.  Go for a Home Run at RB when you're taking one in the 3rd-5th round!  I know he and the coaches like one-cut guys, but come on....

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

He did battle ankle injuries throughout the season. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, CanadaSteve said:

If Perrine beats him out, Coleman is cut.

If Coleman beats Perrine out, he will be cut.  My guess we roll with a possible guy later in the draft and Adams and Johnson. 

I sincerely doubt that Perine is going anywhere.  Core special teams player. 

Coleman has to beat out Adams and a late draft pick.  One or both of whom will end up on our practice squad.

I see Coleman as a two-down guy who does not contribute on special teams, like Adams.

For the money, you cannot beat the signing.  Coleman is tough and durable.  He had not missed serious time until last season.

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Actually he is a plus athlete and has some cannot teach traits like 10 inch hands and willingness "to stick his face into the fan."  His game is between the tackles.  Improve the interior blocking - which both of us want - and you will see what I mean.

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, clayton163v said:

Actually he is a plus athlete and has some cannot teach traits like 10 inch hands and willingness "to stick his face into the fan."  His game is between the tackles.  Improve the interior blocking - which both of us want - and you will see what I mean.

OK, fair enough. I look forward to it.