Latest interview with Zach Wilson...more good stuff here

41 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

You don’t understand how fast he triggers me lol.

You realize that I can't tell the difference between good and bad attention, right? 

• Haha 3
  • Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Kid is so impressive. I don’t understand not wanting to draft him at #2. Hopefully the Jets pull the trigger. 

Kid seems like a natural to handle the NY media.  He's got a little electricity coming off of him that most top people in almost every profession have and it's a positive, enthusiastic energy.  Had no

Posted Images

37 minutes ago, jbt said:

so injuries are hereditary?  dam not looking forward to my 2 knee replacements like my dad had

Not everything is heredity 

But then there's the Matthews family. 

Sewell's uncle is Isaac Sopoaga and his other uncle is Richard Brown. He's got two former NFL players in his family tree. That makes scouts feel better. It does. 

Sam Darnolds grandpa was the Marlboro man remember that gem? And like the commercial actor, Sam looks the part. And like cigarettes he's terrible. 

So yes Zach Wilson's family history can be a relevant part of the scouting process especially when the family is buying joint reconstructions in bulk 

The Wilson's get their surgery done at Costco it just makes more sense that way 

• Haha 4
47 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

Constantly "fixing" his perfectly spiked hair bothers me...

Kipper had us taking him at 2.  If Mel Kipper's hair is good, I'm good.  Greatest hair in NFL history.

1 hour ago, THE BARON said:

Is Wilson from BYU or Loverboy ???  I keep forgetting... 

1983-loverboy-keep-tour-program-rock_1_56ac99130e73835945bbbcf4dbd6854d.jpg

UH5JCB6QQ5FI7FYS46T74S7LN4.jpg

This is NY Jets legendary Super Bowl winning QB Zach Wilson 40 years from now as he steps to the podium with glee to inaugurate the Jets brand new west side stadium in Manhattan...Loverboy-Mike-Reno-SunFest-West-Palm-Beach-Florida-May-6-2017-6.thumb.jpg.3da60dbbee83b3146fde34a394834569.jpg

• Haha 4
1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

I remember the first time coming into contact with you on here. It was when you were still sorta new and going nuts about how you hate Baker Mayfield and he can’t even out run the campus cops. Well, now that I recall that, I don’t think you or anyone else knows who’s going to be a good QB & who isn’t.

Phil loved Hackenberg so he does have a eye for QB's..

• Haha 1

He seems like a great kid with a really great head on his shoulders.  Very sweet.  I hope he has a long and successful career in the NFL.  Especially if its the NY Jets who draft him.  If the Patriots draft him, I take that comment back and hope he has a long miserable career with a terrible record vs. the Jets.

• Upvote 4
37 minutes ago, Ken Schroy said:

I wasn't that sold on the kid and thought Fields was the guy. I'm on board with Wilson now.

Lets be honest now, most of you will be "sold" on whomever they take, same as every year, when whomever we take is two weeks later universally the "best prospect" according to Jets Fans.  Hell, Wilson is already deified (just like Sam was) by half this board, who already have him knocking on the door of Canton, lol.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
8 minutes ago, JiF said:

He seems like a great kid with a really great head on his shoulders.  Very sweet.  I hope he has a long and successful career in the NFL.  Especially if its the NY Jets who draft him.  If the Patriots draft him, I take that comment back and hope he has a long miserable career with a terrible record vs. the Jets.

^Equivocating 

1 hour ago, Biggs said:

Really don't care about his injury history.   I got to see Namath who was a shadow of who he was in College before he got hurt.  Best thing I ever saw as a Jets fan.  All the missed games and injuries were worth every minute.  Watching greatness on the team you love is priceless and painful.  

You sound like my father, Joe Willy is why he became a Jets fan in the 60's.  You old timers have cursed generations of young men.  Glad it was worth it to you old bastards.  I literally have to give my 11 year old son motivational talks about not getting too down about the Jets all because Grandpa fell in love with Broadway Joe.

(sorry, triggered) 

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, David Harris said:

You sound like my father, Joe Willy is why he became a Jets fan in the 60's.  You old timers have cursed generations of young men.  Glad it was worth it to you old bastards.  I literally have to give my 11 year old son motivational talks about not getting too down about the Jets all because Grandpa fell in love with Broadway Joe.

(sorry, triggered) 

I'll bet your father gets a glint in his eye talking about Namath.  His numbers today look terrible but you literally couldn't take your eyes off him when he was standing behind the center.  As shot as his knees were he had this beautiful deep drop and rock forward right before the ball disappeared out of his hand that was a thing of beauty.  

It's all good.  If you don't get your day your son will.  

• Upvote 1
28 minutes ago, Biggs said:

I'll bet your father gets a glint in his eye talking about Namath.  His numbers today look terrible but you literally couldn't take your eyes off him when he was standing behind the center.  As shot as his knees were he had this beautiful deep drop and rock forward right before the ball disappeared out of his hand that was a thing of beauty.  

It's all good.  If you don't get your day your son will.  

Exactly and thanks. Yeah he does get all misty eyed over #12

2 hours ago, PS17 said:

This was the first time I heard him speak. Pleasantly surprised. 

Saw an interview with him on this same show early in the year.  He did White boards, really impressive.  This kid is going to blow up the interview process.  

I feel like we are at the point where everybody is just overanalyzing everything. How many times can we make assumptions when in reality nobody knows anything? Not to say our opinions are not valid but anybody who says they "know" he will be a good fit or special is crazy 

• Upvote 1
49 minutes ago, David Harris said:

Exactly and thanks. Yeah he does get all misty eyed over #12

I'm the same age as Joe until his knee's were shot in college he was a good scrambler.. Many thought with his injuries he wouldn't last 3 years in Pro Ball.. But even wearing knee braces he managed 7 rushing td's.. Kenny O had zero..B) With good knee's and todays rules Joe would be among the best to ever play IMO..

• Upvote 3
23 minutes ago, genot said:

Is anyone familiar with BY football. Why was they're such a huge difference in ZW's performance in 2020 compared tp 2019?

Tougher schedule, broken hand.  

4 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Tougher schedule, broken hand.  

And when you say tougher schedule. Do you mean more pressure on Wilson. One red flag, other than the surgeries is in 2020 he had time to read the playbook when he dropped back to pass. It was almost like a pro day. He was un challenged.

30 minutes ago, genot said:

Is anyone familiar with BY football. Why was they're such a huge difference in ZW's performance in 2020 compared tp 2019?

Sophomore QB Zach Wilson had surgery on injured right hand Tuesday, BYU spokesperson confirms

School says it is anticipated that Wilson will return before season ends, while one report says he has a fractured right thumb and will miss 6-8 weeks as Jaren Hall takes the reins of Cougar offense.

By Jay Drew  Oct 1, 2019, 2:55pm MDT

BYU quarterback Zach Wilson (1) leaves the field with a Cougars staff member late in the fourth quarter during the the BYU-Toledo football game at The Glass Bowl in Toledo, Ohio, on Saturday, Sept. 28, 2019. The Cougars fell 28-21 to the Rockets.

Colter Peterson, Deseret News

PROVO — BYU sophomore quarterback Zach Wilson had a “surgical procedure on his injured right hand” recently, a BYU football spokesperson confirmed Tuesday afternoon.

No timetable was given for Wilson’s return, but BYU’s Brett Pyne of the school’s sports information department said the injury is not season-ending.

“It is It is anticipated he will be able to return to play this season,” Pyne said.

Wilson sustained a fracture on the right thumb of his throwing hand in the 28-21 loss to Toledo last Saturday while attempting to tackle the Rockets defensive back who had intercepted Wilson’s pass in the final minutes of the game.

11 minutes ago, genot said:

And when you say tougher schedule. Do you mean more pressure on Wilson. One red flag, other than the surgeries is in 2020 he had time to read the playbook when he dropped back to pass. It was almost like a pro day. He was un challenged.

The surgery was in 2019.  Posted article above.  The bolded is not really true.  Because of the virus the 2020 schedule was odd, but he played 11 games.  most others played 5-6.

If your really interested, and have the time, watch this. IMO  Kid is going to be special.

• Haha 1
8 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Sophomore QB Zach Wilson had surgery on injured right hand Tuesday, BYU spokesperson confirms

School says it is anticipated that Wilson will return before season ends, while one report says he has a fractured right thumb and will miss 6-8 weeks as Jaren Hall takes the reins of Cougar offense.

BYU quarterback Zach Wilson (1) leaves the field with a Cougars staff member late in the fourth quarter during the the BYU-Toledo football game at The Glass Bowl in Toledo, Ohio, on Saturday, Sept. 28, 2019. The Cougars fell 28-21 to the Rockets.

PROVO — BYU sophomore quarterback Zach Wilson had a “surgical procedure on his injured right hand” recently, a BYU football spokesperson confirmed Tuesday afternoon.

No timetable was given for Wilson’s return, but BYU’s Brett Pyne of the school’s sports information department said the injury is not season-ending.

“It is It is anticipated he will be able to return to play this season,” Pyne said.

Wilson sustained a fracture on the right thumb of his throwing hand in the 28-21 loss to Toledo last Saturday while attempting to tackle the Rockets defensive back who had intercepted Wilson’s pass in the final minutes of the game.

So is it ok to use the washington game in the scouting process then? As it was the game before Toledo.

I'd advise anyone to watch that game.

11 minutes ago, adobolo2 said:

So is it ok to use the washington game in the scouting process then? As it was the game before Toledo.

11 minutes ago, adobolo2 said:

Explain your post about referenced games. Thanks

Injured by making a tackle after an Int. Sounds like ZW is ready to put on the green and white.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Haha 2
9 minutes ago, genot said:

Explain your post about referenced games. Thanks

It was his last game against quality opposition where his injury can't be used as an excuse as he hurt his hand against toledo.

Just now, adobolo2 said:

It was his last game against quality opposition where his injury can't be used as an excuse as hit hurt his hand against toledo.

So when he faces a defense with some talent. He falters in a significant way. Like in 2020 against Coastal Carolina.

The same guys who are ignoring ZW’s stats against good competition are the same guys ignoring the fact that the best player Darnold ever played with as a pro was Robby Anderson. Anderson wouldnt break the starting lineup on the Browns.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 2
13 minutes ago, genot said:

So when he faces a defense with some talent. He falters in a significant way. Like in 2020 against Coastal Carolina.

I would not call coastal carolina defence good in anyway but I'll give wilson a pass for that game because he had less than a week to prepare as the game was scheduled late.