Jump to content

Latest interview with Zach Wilson...more good stuff here


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Kid is so impressive. I don’t understand not wanting to draft him at #2. Hopefully the Jets pull the trigger. 

Kid seems like a natural to handle the NY media.  He's got a little electricity coming off of him that most top people in almost every profession have and it's a positive, enthusiastic energy.  Had no

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, adobolo2 said:

I would not call coastal carolina defence good in anyway but I'll give wilson a pass for that game because he had less than a week to prepare as the game was scheduled late.

He played exclusively in the shotgun. Is that true.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, genot said:

So when he faces a defense with some talent. He falters in a significant way. Like in 2020 against Coastal Carolina.

Did you watch the last 37 seconds of that game?

CC rolled over BYU as a team the same way, OSU rolled over Clemson, and Bama rolled over OSU.  Diffence was Wilson didn't fall apart, and put on a clinic at the end of the game on how to pull off a 2 min. drill against a team who had been physically abusing him, his OL, and WR's all day.  One of the most exciting endings to a game all season.  Coastal Carolina might have been his best game all season under major pressure.

Tape starts with a 2nd and 19, at his own 8 yard line, down 5 points with 35 seconds left in the game. 

Wilson throws a perfect ball final play, Receiver streaches the ball out, whole different ending to that game.   Kid is clutch.

 

 

  • Upvote 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Did you watch the last 37 seconds of that game?

CC rolled over BYU as a team the same way, OSU rolled over Clemson, and Bama rolled over OSU.  Diffence was Wilson didn't fall apart, and put on a clinic at the end of the game on how to pull off a 2 min. drill against a team who had been physically abusing him, his OL, and WR's all day.  One of the most exciting endings to a game all season.  Coastal Carolina might have been his best game all season under major pressure.

Tape starts with a 2nd and 19, at his own 8 yard line, down 5 points with 35 seconds left in the game. 

Wilson throws a perfect ball final play, Receiver streaches the ball out, whole different ending to that game.   Kid is clutch.

 

 

He didn't have a good game. In that final drive he had a clean pocket. Was flushed outside once He has a great arm. What can he do under center in the NFL when he's under pressure and getting beat up?? In not saying he's going to bust. They're are things we don't know about him.

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Did you watch the last 37 seconds of that game?

CC rolled over BYU as a team the same way, OSU rolled over Clemson, and Bama rolled over OSU.  Diffence was Wilson didn't fall apart, and put on a clinic at the end of the game on how to pull off a 2 min. drill against a team who had been physically abusing him, his OL, and WR's all day.  One of the most exciting endings to a game all season.  Coastal Carolina might have been his best game all season under major pressure.

Tape starts with a 2nd and 19, at his own 8 yard line, down 5 points with 35 seconds left in the game. 

Wilson throws a perfect ball final play, Receiver streaches the ball out, whole different ending to that game.   Kid is clutch.

 

 

 

37 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Did you watch the last 37 seconds of that game?

CC rolled over BYU as a team the same way, OSU rolled over Clemson, and Bama rolled over OSU.  Diffence was Wilson didn't fall apart, and put on a clinic at the end of the game on how to pull off a 2 min. drill against a team who had been physically abusing him, his OL, and WR's all day.  One of the most exciting endings to a game all season.  Coastal Carolina might have been his best game all season under major pressure.

Tape starts with a 2nd and 19, at his own 8 yard line, down 5 points with 35 seconds left in the game. 

Wilson throws a perfect ball final play, Receiver streaches the ball out, whole different ending to that game.   Kid is clutch.

 

 

Watched the last throw again. He threw ro the wrong receiver. His other receiver was single covered in the end zone. And had some separation. Up until the final drive he threw for 160 yds. 1 td. 1 int. Not a good game.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Did you watch the last 37 seconds of that game?

CC rolled over BYU as a team the same way, OSU rolled over Clemson, and Bama rolled over OSU.  Diffence was Wilson didn't fall apart, and put on a clinic at the end of the game on how to pull off a 2 min. drill against a team who had been physically abusing him, his OL, and WR's all day.  One of the most exciting endings to a game all season.  Coastal Carolina might have been his best game all season under major pressure.

Tape starts with a 2nd and 19, at his own 8 yard line, down 5 points with 35 seconds left in the game. 

Wilson throws a perfect ball final play, Receiver streaches the ball out, whole different ending to that game.   Kid is clutch.

 

 

Why so condescending?

I watch his 2019 games up to the toledo game as anything after that is admissable because if the injury.

I've watched about 6 full games from 2020

Not all 22 tape because I don't have access to that but regular tv view.

Wilson is exciting and some of the stuff he does is fantastic but people should not get upset if some of his play is questioned, if he is to be the jets qb of the future we need to fully examine why he played poorly in some games and not except what Chris Simms says.

Draft experts love him but I've seen other ex NFL qbs  question him. Just today I seen Kurt Warner say he likes him but not sure if his game translates to the nfl.

A lot of Jets fans have put him on a pedestal on the judgement of other "experts", I'm not saying that you have because you seem to know your stuff.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Savage69 said:

I'm the same age as Joe until his knee's were shot in college he was a good scrambler.. Many thought with his injuries he wouldn't last 3 years in Pro Ball.. But even wearing knee braces he managed 7 rushing td's.. Kenny O had zero..B) With good knee's and todays rules Joe would be among the best to ever play IMO..

Joey U!

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Biggs said:

I'll bet your father gets a glint in his eye talking about Namath.  His numbers today look terrible but you literally couldn't take your eyes off him when he was standing behind the center.  As shot as his knees were he had this beautiful deep drop and rock forward right before the ball disappeared out of his hand that was a thing of beauty.  

It's all good.  If you don't get your day your son will.  

I will second that.  Never has there been a throwing motion as beautiful as Namath's.  It is one of a kind. Justin Fields has a similar motion with his hip rotation and pushing off with the back foot but nobody touches Namath's mechanics.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, adobolo2 said:

Why so condescending?

I watch his 2019 games up to the toledo game as anything after that is admissable because if the injury.

I've watched about 6 full games from 2020

Not all 22 tape because I don't have access to that but regular tv view.

Wilson is exciting and some of the stuff he does is fantastic but people should not get upset if some of his play is questioned, if he is to be the jets qb of the future we need to fully examine why he played poorly in some games and not except what Chris Simms says.

Draft experts love him but I've seen other ex NFL qbs  question him. Just today I seen Kurt Warner say he likes him but not sure if his game translates to the nfl.

A lot of Jets fans have put him on a pedestal on the judgement of other "experts", I'm not saying that you have because you seem to know your stuff.

 

I got a laugh twice from him. No real response. Bragged about his final throw in that video. He had a td if he didn't throw it into traffic. He had a receiver single covered to the left. 

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NamathToCaster said:

I will second that.  Never has there been a throwing motion as beautiful as Namath's.  It is one of a kind. Justin Fields has a similar motion with his hip rotation and pushing off with the back foot but nobody touches Namath's mechanics.

The only jersey I own that has never gone out of style.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, genot said:

I got a laugh twice from him. No real response. Bragged about his final throw in that video. He had a td if he didn't throw it into traffic. He had a receiver single covered to the left. 

We can nitpick any QB on any play though. His answer should of been one of realism, one that accepts the guy missed a read, but we need mutual understanding there are still tons of things to like about most top prospects for a reason. There will always be warts and things you see on tape that need work, but the skill set jumps off the screen.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, genot said:

I got a laugh twice from him. No real response. Bragged about his final throw in that video. He had a td if he didn't throw it into traffic. He had a receiver single covered to the left. 

I don't mind anyone standing for their opinions on a player but should not put people down when they are questioning a player that may be the face of the franchise for at least the next three years.

The kurt Warner comments do have me worried a bit as he says Wilson plays in a system that gives him plenty of time in the pocket to thrown the ball up where superior WR to the defence can win and it doesn't translate to the NFL but says he does like him but will require a lot of coaching.

But if a wilson true believer reads this they will try and tear down Warner as any sort of analyst, but hey all this will be over in 35 days time and we will know who the next jets qb is and have noting to talk about so may as well enjoy the debate now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, genot said:

 

Watched the last throw again. He threw ro the wrong receiver. His other receiver was single covered in the end zone. And had some separation. Up until the final drive he threw for 160 yds. 1 td. 1 int. Not a good game.

Imagine if you used stats to nitpick Sam like this. 

Sam didn't even throw for 160 yards three different times this season. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Imagine if you used stats to nitpick Sam like this. 

Sam didn't even throw for 160 yards three different times this season. 

Sam was terrible for 70% of the season but to be fair to him when he had a full compliment of recievers  and fully recovered from his shoulder injury he did beat the number one ranked defence in the NFL.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, adobolo2 said:

Sam was terrible for 70% of the season but to be fair to him when he had a full compliment of recievers  and fully recovered from his shoulder injury he did beat the number one ranked defence in the NFL.

Too little, too late. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, adobolo2 said:

Sam was terrible for 70% of the season but to be fair to him when he had a full compliment of recievers  and fully recovered from his shoulder injury he did beat the number one ranked defence in the NFL.

So his best game in year 3 as a starter was 207 yards and 1 touchdown..... got it

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

We can nitpick any QB on any play though. His answer should of been one of realism, one that accepts the guy missed a read, but we need mutual understanding there are still tons of things to like about most top prospects for a reason. There will always be warts and things you see on tape that need work, but the skill set jumps off the screen.

I agree with you. I never click the laugh button, unless someone makes a joke, or says something like the earth is flat. Some of us are so sick of our team losing, we want change. Even though it means overlooking things that might affect thier success.

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Imagine if you used stats to nitpick Sam like this. 

Sam didn't even throw for 160 yards three different times this season. 

He plays in the NFL. There is a difference.

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, adobolo2 said:

I don't mind anyone standing for their opinions on a player but should not put people down when they are questioning a player that may be the face of the franchise for at least the next three years.

The kurt Warner comments do have me worried a bit as he says Wilson plays in a system that gives him plenty of time in the pocket to thrown the ball up where superior WR to the defence can win and it doesn't translate to the NFL but says he does like him but will require a lot of coaching.

But if a wilson true believer reads this they will try and tear down Warner as any sort of analyst, but hey all this will be over in 35 days time and we will know who the next jets qb is and have noting to talk about so may as well enjoy the debate now.

Re the bolded part,

You and Kurt have just eliminated Trevor Lawrence, Fields and mac jones.

Bama, Clemson and Ohio State essentially out man week in and week out every other team they play  until they play each other.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Re the bolded part,

You and Kurt have just eliminated Trevor Lawrence, Fields and mac jones.

Bama, Clemson and Ohio State essentially out man week in and week out every other team they play  until they play each other.

I forget which poster sarcastically commented "look at how open those guys are" on a highlight clip where literally every throw Wilson made was to a guy completely blanketed and either completed it or the throw was dropped.

Nobody ever took the bait.

And I'll say it, both bombs Fields threw for TDs against Clemson were slightly underthrown.  

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, genot said:

I got a laugh twice from him. No real response. Bragged about his final throw in that video. He had a td if he didn't throw it into traffic. He had a receiver single covered to the left. 

Go have another glass of milk with your buddy JetsFanShawn. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Re the bolded part,

You and Kurt have just eliminated Trevor Lawrence, Fields and mac jones.

Bama, Clemson and Ohio State essentially out man week in and week out every other team they play  until they play each other.

I hear what your saying. Those QB's face more impact players that can affect the game. More so than Zack Wilson. Im not down on him. I'm hearing the same he's god stuff i heard three months ago when everybody wanted to tank for another god. Trevor.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Warfish said:

Lets be honest now, most of you will be "sold" on whomever they take, same as every year, when whomever we take is two weeks later universally the "best prospect" according to Jets Fans.  Hell, Wilson is already deified (just like Sam was) by half this board, who already have him knocking on the door of Canton, lol.

Why shouldn't we love our drafted players before they actually suck?  Between the draft and the first game were tied for first. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, flgreen said:

Did you watch the last 37 seconds of that game?

CC rolled over BYU as a team the same way, OSU rolled over Clemson, and Bama rolled over OSU.  Diffence was Wilson didn't fall apart, and put on a clinic at the end of the game on how to pull off a 2 min. drill against a team who had been physically abusing him, his OL, and WR's all day.  One of the most exciting endings to a game all season.  Coastal Carolina might have been his best game all season under major pressure.

Tape starts with a 2nd and 19, at his own 8 yard line, down 5 points with 35 seconds left in the game. 

Wilson throws a perfect ball final play, Receiver streaches the ball out, whole different ending to that game.   Kid is clutch.

 

 

Nice effort but its a stretch to say the wr could have stretched

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, jetspenguin said:

I was trying REAL HARD not to fall in love with this kid due to the long and well documented history of failed qb's the Jets have drafted but this kids is really growing on me.

I almost got a semi emoji15.png

Then he said he tweaked a hami...flaccid again. Oh well




Sent from the Suicide Watch desk.
 

Hope we draft him, but that hammie reference did make me wince. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Re the bolded part,

You and Kurt have just eliminated Trevor Lawrence, Fields and mac jones.

Bama, Clemson and Ohio State essentially out man week in and week out every other team they play  until they play each other.

Trevor Lawrence played 3 whole games against ranked competition compared to Wilson's 2. Lawrence was beating teams like Wake Forest and Citadel, but people write off Wilson for his games against lesser teams even though he doesn't have nearly the same coaching and cast of Lawrence. I mean the next highest draft prospect on BYU is a projected late round O-lineman.

Small school QB's scare people, but if a guy can play he can play.

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...