Tight End?

Long time reader, never really post.

One position I am very interested in what the Jets thinking is Tight End. I think it is a key part of the Lafleur offense and a young QBs best friend. I though Jonnu Smith would have been a perfect fit. Do you think the Jets address this in the draft? Maybe use a second in possible Darnold deal and draft Freiermuth ? I can see Kroft as the only move? 

I liked the idea of Tonyan from GB but with the second round tender I don't see anyway this happens. 

• Upvote 1

I don't think there's any doubt TE will be addressed in the draft.  Herndon
has a ton to prove and there's really no TE on the current roster that can
be looked at as a long term option.  If we keep Darnold and trade #2 I would
think Pitts will be on the top of our list.  If we trade Darnold I would 
think Freiermuth will be an option  in round 2

• Upvote 4

I definitely think tight end gets addressed in the draft - there are several good ones and they’ll go in a variety of places. Pitts is a fit as the lead pass catcher on this offense, Freiermuth maybe fits somewhere in the second round especially if they move down a little, Tremble as mentioned above makes sense maybe in the third or early forth - same deal with Hunter Long. I’m sure I’m missing guys too.

I don’t think Douglas likes going into drafts thinking that he needs to draft a position in a certain slot - but I do think he’s comfortable looking at the tight end class and saying we’ll draft one of these guys and have them on the roster...and that’s why the hole gets left in FA.

On 3/25/2021 at 10:26 AM, Curse of Namath said:

Long time reader, never really post.

One position I am very interested in what the Jets thinking is Tight End. I think it is a key part of the Lafleur offense and a young QBs best friend. I though Jonnu Smith would have been a perfect fit. Do you think the Jets address this in the draft? Maybe use a second in possible Darnold deal and draft Freiermuth ? I can see Kroft as the only move? 

I liked the idea of Tonyan from GB but with the second round tender I don't see anyway this happens. 

I do.  This happens to be a string TE class and there are aout 8-10 prospects I think would work out well for us. 

From Pitts and Freiermuth down to Tre McKitty and Nick Eubanks there are numerous guys who I can see the Jets bringing in. 

My prediction is Kenny Yeboah or Brevin Jordan