Zach Wilson Pro Day

2 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Why? He’s young and with an NFL conditioning program he should be fine. Hopefully his shoulders are fine 

There are reports that he had to take on a special diet to raise his weight in college. Now he has more assets available to keep his weight up but I’m hoping he can play at 214 when he’s in the league. 

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I've been on the Fields train from the get go.  I've always thought(and still do) he is every bit of the prospect Lawrence is.  I'd still rather have Fields than Wilson.  Seemingly every draft produces a QB that makes people scratch their heads on how teams passed them over.  I am certain that will be Fields this draft.

But I'm resigned to the fact that it won't be him unfortunately.

Unrelated to your post, but if I'm the Jets and I'm serious about Wilson, I ask him to complete a throwing session outside today.  45 degrees and 10-15 mph in Provo today.  I'm sure that won't happen, but I'd be interested bin his response if they asked.

Let's see, I'm skeptical of all the leaks about Douglas and Wilson. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

There are reports that he had to take on a special diet to raise his weight in college. Now he has more assets available to keep his weight up but I’m hoping he can play at 214 when he’s in the league. 

Oooh okay, i understand 

Wilsons lower body looks very solid. His upper body looks a bit slight, he's said its because he hasn't been able to lift because of his shoulder injuries. The bad news is that his shoulder issues affect his ability to work out, the good news is that I think he would easily bulk up (based on his lower body) if he was able to. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, QB1 said:

Wilsons lower body looks very solid. His upper body looks a bit slight, he's said its because he hasn't been able to lift because of his shoulder injuries. The bad news is that his shoulder issues affect his ability to work out, the good news is that I think he would easily bulk up (based on his lower body) if he was able to. 

1200x0.thumb.jpg.424519d4dbe80039d02a75c0f2c39473.jpg

8 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Probably, but he met the metric he needed to meet. Jeremiah stated that Wilson plays at about 205lbs during the season. If Wilson did add weight to overcome the concerns about whether he was frail, I wonder if the added weight will affect his testing numbers. 

1 minute ago, Columbia Jet Fan said:

Hes bigger than: 

Baker Mayfield 

Drew Brees

Russell Wilson 

Kyler Murray

Lamar Jackson

Tua

Hes roughly the same size as: 

Teddy Bridgewater

Aaron Rodgers

Andy Dalton

Jimmy G

Kirk Cousins 

Deshaun Watson

Gardner Minshew

Thats nearly half the starting QBs in the league last year

If you want to be concerned about his shoulder injury - I totally get it. Chad Pennington was bigger than him and couldn't stay healthy. We've all seen athletic freaks who couldn't stay on the field b/c of injuries - some guys are just injury prone. If he fails his medicals I'm all for taking Fields over him - but to say his size alone is the reason he won't make it is silly. 

I'm not a Wilson fan, but he met his height & size metrics today. 

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

Could be postering. Their GM and offensive guru are there.

Mormons and evangelicals snipe each other 

Wilsons not really on Rhules personal board and not the Texans either. Just my 2 cents.

On the other hand, Wilson is probably the best player Andy Reid has ever seen. 

Postulating This might seem like I have a bias against the LDS, I certainly don't. I'm like George Carlin I worship the sun and prey to Joe pesci. What a person believes should be their own business. 

but often, these religious groups within the league function like the masons or the elks: a great way to make sure that there's always a job available. 

18 minutes ago, Reprisalizer said:

Rodgers didnt play for 2 years. 

I'm fine with people who really like ZW arm talent - but his size is 100% an issue.

This kid is getting injured year 1.  Already had shoulder surgery. Wait until a 300lb d-lineman lands full force on him. 

Im sure he would be one of the smallest, lightest starting QBs in the leauge... and dont tell me Kyler Murray. ZW is not KM coming out.  

Why?

Are you worried about Trevor Lawrence?  Seems to have the same issues. 

Also,, who are all theses little QB that are getting injured because of their size?  
Brees? Rodgers? Mayfield? Lamar Jackson (6’2, 210) R. Wilson.  The list goes on.  

Like Wilson or not but his size can longer be a justifiable concern.  

5 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Mormons and evangelicals snipe each other 

Wilsons not really on Rhules personal board and not the Texans either. Just my 2 cents.

On the other hand, Wilson is probably the best player Andy Reid has ever seen. 

Postulating This might seem like I have a bias against the LDS, I certainly don't. I'm like George Carlin I worship the sun and prey to Joe pesci. What a person believes should be their own business. 

but often, these religious groups within the league function like the masons or the elks: a great way to make sure that there's always a job available. 

I'm not sure that would be the case.

Wilson isnt even a mormon.

Just now, FidelioJet said:

Why?

Are you worried about Trevor Lawrence?  Seems to have the same issues. 

Also,, who are all theses little QB that are getting injured because of their size?  
Brees? Rodgers? Mayfield? Lamar Jackson (6’2, 210) R. Wilson.  The list goes on.  

Like Wilson or not but his size can longer be a justifiable concern.  

Size no but durability yes 

18 hours ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

No, not at all. The guy definitely has a pro arm ( like Darnold) 

the question is, does he have a “pro brain”?

No pro day will ever help determine that important aspect.

pray JD does.

And the pro day will not determine how Wilson plays when under pressure. His one good year was against high school level talent throwing to wide open receivers while under zero pressure.

This is not to say that he can't rise up and be a FQB in the NFL but it sure would be nice to have game film of him playing against top level competition before we use (waste) both the #2 OA pick and lose Sam.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, RSJ said:

Same here. He is big enough. Just need to see him throw, medical and answer why no one seems to like him or his parents.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

1 minute ago, Grandy said:

I'm not sure that would be the case.

Wilson isnt even a mormon.

Well then, there's your answer.

You are an outsider in UT if you're not Mormon.  Especially at BYU.

Not saying anything negative either way.  I loved Utah for the couple years I was there.  Just the way it is.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Big_Slick said:

And the pro day will not determine how Wilson plays when under pressure. His one good year was against high school level talent throwing to wide open receivers while under zero pressure.

This is not to say that he can't rise up and be a FQB in the NFL but it sure would be nice to have game film of him playing against top level competition before we use (waste) both the #2 OA pick and lose Sam.

High school level talent? WTF are you talking about?

• Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, Big_Slick said:

He was the most accurate QB in tight windows this season. It’s not like his receivers were getting open downfield all the time. 

• Upvote 3