Zach Wilson Pro Day

2 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Great

Then we get the guy who this fanbase was collectively rooting for the Jets to go 0-16 in order to obtain 3 months ago.

Stranger things have happened to the NY Jets. 

Everything and anything that could happen has also happened to the NY Jets. 

1 minute ago, JetBlue said:

Fair enough, I just don't see this as a shaky situation at this point.  I think we have nice talent at receiver and running back and even TE, I expect Herndon to have bounce back year along with whomever they decide to draft.  There are still ?? on the OL but toward the end of the year the OL was not nearly as bad as they were earlier on (to that point I don't understand why they didn't resign Pat Elfein as he really seem to stablize the line) McGovern played alot better and Fant actually exceed expectations.  Becton has a year under his belt and hopefully Camaron Clark can challenge after sitting all last season.  We have a lot of picks to work with and our defense could be vastly improved if we can sustain a pass rush and add a few quality cbs in the draft.   My point is I don't see a parallel to what Darnold walked into 4 years ago.  I don't focus on the 2 wins last year because we had a ton of injuries, especially to our wide receivers and more importantly we had Gase as the HC.  I truly believe that any other decent HC would have won 4-5 games with this same team so the record is a bit misleading in that regard.   

No. The talent on the team last year was bad. The OL was real bad. Pat Elflein is real bad. We need to draft more O talent and get at least 1 new starter for the line. Wilson is gonna be better than Darnold but we need to give him more.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

In other words what we typically call a win-win situation ?

Exactly

The shift that some have done after that Rams win is nuts.

It’s pretty obvious at this point that the Jets are taking Wilson at #2 and shipping Darnold to the highest bidder.

But if the Jags surprise everyone and take Wilson #1 overall...I’m supposed to not be psyched out of my mind over Trevor Lawrence in a Jets uniform for the next 15 years?

Insane 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

3 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Wilson is gonna be better than Darnold but we need to give him more.

I think we get it right finally with the Wilson pick in the same way the Cardinals swung on Murray and quickly put pieces around him — as long as we continued to put pieces around him. I like Zach Wilson starting his NFL career with Corey Davis, Mims, Crowder & Keelan Cole. I like that Zach Wilson gets to start his career with LT, Mehki Becton, but they HAVE to fix the interior OL & give him a capable safety blanket at TE.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Stranger things have happened to the NY Jets. 

Everything and anything that could happen has also happened to the NY Jets. 

Sure

Hell, I never thought in a million years that Darnold would fall to us 3 years ago.

I thought after he blew everyone’s t!ts off with his pro-day in the rain, he was a lock for Cleveland.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

I think we get it right finally with the Wilson pick in the same way the Cardinals swung on Murray and quickly put pieces around him — as long as we continued to put pieces around him. I like Zach Wilson starting his NFL career with Corey Davis, Mims, Crowder & Keelan Cole. I like that Zach Wilson gets to start his career with LT, Mehki Becton, but they HAVE to fix the interior OL.

Of course we gotta put the pieces around Wilson for long term success, but upgrading from Darnold is gonna help a lot. Darnold’s issues from college never cleared up. You can take his scouting profile from college and it’s the same thing you’d write about him now.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Exactly

It’s pretty obvious at this point that the Jets are taking Wilson at #2 and shipping Darnold to the highest bidder.

But if the Jags surprise everyone and take Wilson #1 overall...I’m supposed to not be psyched out of my mind over Trevor Lawrence in a Jets uniform for the next 15 years?

Insane 

Urban Meyer wasn’t even at the Wilson pro day today. Safe to say Trevor is the pick for Jax

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

No. The talent on the team last year was bad. The OL was real bad. Pat Elflein is real bad. We need to draft more O talent and get at least 1 new starter for the line. Wilson is gonna be better than Darnold but we need to give him more.

Again I don't think they were as bad as they appeared or at the very least they are better players than they showed last year and attribute that to the "Gase Effect".  When you said the OL was real bad did you not see improvements over the second half of the season?  I feel that they did play better as the season progressed.  Doesn't mean that we don't need to add more talent, the point is some of players we already have should be better next season, including our rookies.    

I truly believe those same players, if still on the team and getting playing time, will play much, much better under Saleh.  I could be wrong but I can't see how they can't go anywhere but up.  

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Exactly

Insane 

Look, I've been probably the biggest Wilson fan on here - but if the Jags go Wilson at 1 (which they won't) but if they did, I won't be crying....

I'll be super excited. I ultimately think Wilson will be the better NFL QB - but certainly not upset with Lawrence.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

11 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I think we get it right finally with the Wilson pick in the same way the Cardinals swung on Murray and quickly put pieces around him — as long as we continued to put pieces around him. I like Zach Wilson starting his NFL career with Corey Davis, Mims, Crowder & Keelan Cole. I like that Zach Wilson gets to start his career with LT, Mehki Becton, but they HAVE to fix the interior OL & give him a capable safety blanket at TE.

Figure they get a 3rd for darnold giving them 3 3rd round picks, a 2nd and an additional first rounder at 23.  With these picks they can hit OL, wr, cb and probably front 7.  

On 3/25/2021 at 12:05 PM, CanadienJetsFan said:

I like Wilson but everyone needs to take a deep collective breath and remember that even Darnold looked good on his pro day!

Darnold looked great at his Pro Day in the rain, then had a very good rookie season, finishing great.

Then the Jets switched to Adam Gase for two years.  So now we're trading Darnold.

The End.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

Again I don't think they were as bad as they appeared or at the very least they are better players than they showed last year and attribute that to the "Gase Effect".  When you said the OL was real bad did you not see improvements over the second half of the season?  I feel that they did play better as the season progressed.  Doesn't mean that we don't need to add more talent, the point is some of players we already have should be better next season, including our rookies.    

I truly believe those same players, if still on the team and getting playing time, will play much, much better under Saleh.  I could be wrong but I can't see how they can't go anywhere but up.  

The game against the Patriots the interior OL got destroyed and that includes GVR. I don’t believe in the Gase effect. It’s a myth to pile on the guy. I’m glad he’s not the HC but the “Gase effect” is a boogie man. McGovern and Becton improved, the rest wasn’t good. Most of those players won’t improve because they are just bad.

8 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

The game against the Patriots the interior OL got destroyed and that includes GVR. I don’t believe in the Gase effect. It’s a myth to pile on the guy. I’m glad he’s not the HC but the “Gase effect” is a boogie man. McGovern and Becton improved, the rest wasn’t good. Most of those players won’t improve because they are just bad.

Well if you are going to go off one game...   But I get it; alot of those guys played lousy last year but if you don't think Gase had an effect I don't know what team you were following.  I will interested to see if any those same players are on the team this year, how they play under Saleh.  One thing is pretty apparent to me is if they do suck, Saleh WILL NOT keep trotting them out there. He will bench their ass and start someone else.  Something Gase NEVER did. 

14 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Darnold looked great at his Pro Day in the rain, then had a very good rookie season, finishing great.

I hate to be that guy, but this is overstated. 

Lamar Jackson, Baker Mayfield, Deshaun Watson, and Kyler Murray had “very good” rookie seasons. Compare their rookie production to Sam’s. Sam was up and down - he had some bad games and some good games. 

And Sam played very well in 3 of his last 4 games that year, but played poorly in his last game that year (which most of us chose to conveniently ignore at the time). I think a lot of us overreacted to some timely good play over a very small sample size.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Just watched his pro day throws. Best case scenario for the jets out of his pro day today. If they want him, he looked pretty good and made some sick freaking throws. If they want to trade the pick he just upped the cost of it with that performance. The dolphins also just helped jack the price of the pick up also......

• Upvote 1