Zach Wilson Pro Day

2 minutes ago, Reprisalizer said:

We should be signing Mullens no matter what as our backup.  Fine with me if you want him and Sam to compete.  

Why would they compete? Mullens is better and has produced in this system already. There is zero upside to keeping Darnold. Its time to move on. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Why? We know that Sam not only sucks under pressure but is one of the worst pocket passers in the NFL when not pressured.

He should be replaced no matter what.

We know Sam won't crack in these circumstances and under the NY media pressure. 

Seems like a no brainer to me.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

4 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I’ve watched entire games. 

almost all of them.

it’s no worse than Ohio State protecting Fields well.

It’s comical hearing Wilson’s sucess being placed solely on having a few good olineman while ignoring guys like Fields being surrounded by 10 other pros.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

Dude, he threw 9 TD’s the entire year, he’s been the worst starting QB since he came out. His situation and team? Awful. He’s made many horrid decisions that has dug his OWN hole though. This idea where Sam gets a free pass because the Jets suck just as bad as Sam does individually is nauseating

I'd put me on ignore then over this next month.

Otherwise stock up on Pepto.

• Haha 1

What a farce. Wilson may be a legit talent, but at this point the NFL community is bamboozled and lost objectivity altogether. 

Wilson could have shown up drunk as a sailor for his proday and we'd be hearing; "The stones on this kid. Brilliant.."

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Mike135 said:

As I openly admit, I don't watch college ball, but don't Ohio State n BYU play slightly different teams?

They do.

That said -- the talent gap between Ohio State and the rest of the B1G is arguably bigger than the talent gap between BYU and most of their opponents. Teams like Houston and Boise State are probably more talented.

Something people need to keep in mind -- ALL FIVE of the top QBs in this draft -- Lawrence, Fields, Wilson, Jones, and Lance -- played virtually ALL of their games against teams with inferior talent. So the idea that it only applies to some of these guys is nonsense. They all had good protection and quality playmakers relative to their competition. It's part of why they all performed so well and are in position to be drafted so high.

2 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

As I openly admit, I don't watch college ball, but don't Ohio State n BYU play slightly different teams?

You don’t watch college ball but you sound like you know your stuff about Wilson & Fields... Look, I’m not knocking an opinion different than my own, but, dude, at least approach this with an open mind if you arent goin to take the time out to really watch full games and make your own assessment. Hell, none of us are professionals, we barely know what is going to translate to the NFL level & what isn’t but you have to at least try if you’re going to argue against others so staunchly.

3 minutes ago, RogerVick1980 said:

It’s comical hearing Wilson’s sucess being placed solely on having a few good olineman while ignoring guys like Fields being surrounded by 10 other pros.

And it's even more comical to hear people raving over Wilson's record against schools that would lose to most high school teams. Did he play against a single legitimate college team last year?

1 minute ago, Mike135 said:

Yet handled the press like a champ afterwards. 

Your commitment to Sammy reminds me of a party train speeding toward a collapsed bridge. What are you going to do when Darnold is inevitably traded and Zach Wilson becomes the Jets starter next year? Become a tennis fan?

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

You don’t watch college ball but you sound like you know your stuff about Wilson & Fields... Look, I’m not knocking an opinion different than my own, but, dude, at least approach this with an open mind if you arent goin to take the time out to really watch full games and make your own assessment. Hell, none of us are professionals, we barely know what is going to translate to the NFL level & what isn’t but you have to at least try if you’re going to argue against others so staunchly.

It doesn't take a professional scout to judge this situation imo.

Sam, Pitts, 2021 high 1st n 2nd rounders >>>> Wilson and perhaps a mid 2021 2nd rounder

No reason to toss Sam to the curb w/o seeing him with at least an average supporting cast.  Especially if the alternative is a BYU QB who wasn't even on the radar a few months ago who played crap competition. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Mike135 said:

No reason to toss Sam to the curb w/o seeing him with at least an average supporting cast

No reason to believe Darnold will be any different judging from the individual decisions he makes as a passer time & time again. That is something supporting cast doesn’t have an influence on, Mike.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, viffer said:

And it's even more comical to hear people raving over Wilson's record against schools that would lose to most high school teams. Did he play against a single legitimate college team last year?

It is all relative though because Clemson, Bama and Ohio State had such vastly more talent than many of the teams they played.

You can also look at guys like Josh Allen and Justin Herbert, playing vs shi* teams all year

• Upvote 1