Zach Wilson Pro Day

Just now, dbatesman said:

I enjoy draft season, the Combine, etc., but the part where a bunch of overweight fiftysomethings in khakis watch a chiseled 20-year-old run around in his underwear will never not be creepy

“It’s the enjoyment of watching true & natural alpha males do alpha male things until they sweat like an alpha male should” - @JiF

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

Your commitment to Sammy reminds me of a party train speeding toward a collapsed bridge. What are you going to do when Darnold is inevitably traded and Zach Wilson becomes the Jets starter next year? Become a tennis fan?

Tennis is cool!

But I'd then reset, wish Sam well and hope that team finally supports him, and support the BYU kid.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Yeah, the guy who said "I'm seeing ghosts" and caught mono is a rock-ribbed professional

And who got wasted in public after an 0-4 Jets team got  a win against the Cowboys and then got absolutely demolished and shutout the following week against the Patriots.  That's the guy I want leading my team.  Not!

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

No reason to believe Darnold will be any different judging from the individual decisions he makes as a passer time & time again. That is something supporting cast doesn’t have an influence on, Mike.

I couldn't disagree more.

9 minutes ago, viffer said:

And it's even more comical to hear people raving over Wilson's record against schools that would lose to most high school teams. Did he play against a single legitimate college team last year?

Win lose record means nothing to me.

Tebow won almost every game in college

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

I couldn't disagree more.

Well, it’s hard to disagree with factual evidence. You can put on the tape and see countless, countless times where Darnold misses a wide open touchdown, back pedals & throws off his back foot into double coverage, hold on to the ball really long and get smothered even though the pass protection was relatively good on the play, head scratching redzone interceptions where he doesn’t see the safety lurking, it’s a field vision issue, it’s a mechanical issue on long balls, it’s all Sam Darnold issues. Those are NOT team issues. Those are internal flaws. How many more times do you have to see him make head scratching decisions before you conclude that it’s him making those decisions for himself & not anyone else.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 2

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

Well, it’s hard to disagree with factual evidence. You can put on the tape and see countless, countless times where Darnold misses a wide open touchdown, back pedals & throws off his back foot into double coverage, hold on to the ball really long and get smothered even though the pass protection was relatively good on the play, head scratching redzone interceptions where he doesn’t see the safety lurking, it’s a field vision issue, it’s a mechanical issue on long balls, it’s all Sam Darnold issues. Those are NOT team issues. Those are internal flaws. How many more times do you have to see him make head scratching decisions before you conclude that it’s him making those a decisions for himself & not anyone else.

How many more times?

A season's worth in a decent situation. 

1 minute ago, Mike135 said:

Wtf?

Miami just got 3 1sts and a 3rd for their 3rd overall pick?

Get to work JD!  Go get four 1st rounders for our #2 pick!

If they were trading the pick it would've been to SF. I'm sure they were offered a similar deal and turned it down. The Darnold staying pipe dream is over

• Upvote 3

29 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

I don’t know. Didn’t Fields and Lawrence have to face the #1 CB in the class in Patrick Surtain?

For one game yeah, but also with elite talent to throw to. And Fields struggled in that game.

To be clear I'm not necessarily advocating for Wilson, there are a few things that really scare me about him. I just think there's a lot of overlap in the evaluation of these top guys that ultimately start to wash out.

6 minutes ago, Tranquilo said:

They didn't sit them because of their size. 

Also, that's crazy you wouldn't draft a HOF QB because he sat for 3 years. 

the draft is not about the player in a vacuum it's about the player/team match

it's not that Zach Wilson is bad 

it's that life in the AFC East would ruin him 

Shooter McGavin up in Foxboro eats POS like Wilson for breakfast 

yes the Jets need a new QB. No they aren't ready to support him yet 

they would also ruin TL. Fields can at least take a beating. But they aren't ready for any QB1 tbh

that's how we got to Sam Darnold age 23 and already a bust 

that's how Andrew Luck retired before 30 

it's how Joe Burrow's knee exploded by week 9 last year 

no infrastructure 

the Jets need to stop drafting lottery tickets and feeding them to the wolves 

whoever the pick is at 2 should be a no brainer. No self-convincing required 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Its quite obvious the #2 pick isn't for sale. 

SF more than likely made the same offer to the NY Jets. 

It'll be interesting to see how the dust settles here.  I haven't figured ot what SF is thinking here.  Unless they just really love Fields.