Zach Wilson Pro Day

6 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

Something doesn’t feel right btw. The 9ers traded all of those assets to move up 9 spots to get the 3rd best QB coming out? Fields hasn’t even had his pro day yet. It’s gotta be for Lance assuming the Jets take Wilson. 

Or Jones??

4 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

I'd say it's still 50/50.

Who would you say theyre after at 2, Because theyre not trading down obviously

I'd say you're kidding yourself.  All he had to do was interview well and impress throwing the ball.  That he did

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

Who would you say theyre after at 2, Because theyre not trading down obviously

I'd say you're kidding yourself.  All he had to do was interview well and impress throwing the ball.  That he did

I think there's still a solid chance they trade down.

And I really hope they do.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Cp561 said:

It's just one part of the evaluation. He is showing his capability to make big boy throws, pretty sure JD and company know that's not all there is to a good NFL qb

They said his retention in the classroom is excellent and has interviewed very well.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

Something doesn’t feel right btw. The 9ers traded all of those assets to move up 9 spots to get the 3rd best QB coming out? Fields hasn’t even had his pro day yet. It’s gotta be for Lance assuming the Jets take Wilson. 

For them to make that trade they must really, really like at least 2 QBs not named Lawrence. I kind of think it might be Lance too.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, fullblast said:

I could see this kid being real good in Carolina or Atlanta. I just think this city, this division, this franchise and this fanbase will eat him alive.

If he's the pick, I hope I'm wrong.

Matt Rhule is horrible.  At least in Atlanta he would have Jones and Ridley

Just now, Jet Nut said:

Then why didnt they make the huge deal that the Dolphins made with SF?  

3 ones and a 3rd?  You think theres anyone else looking to move up offering more?  

Not a chance IMO

Because all 1sts aren't created equally. 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

13 minutes ago, Maxman said:

It is a football message board. It is March. It is a pandemic. People are allowed to be happy lol.

The kid is tearing it up. That is all that can happen today. The story will play itself out over time, but this is the most he can do today. And he is putting on a clinic.

It’s the “pushing back” syndrome. No one has a worse case of it than me. You can catch it when a legion of ppl who don’t watch these guys in college - run wild their dreams and hot takes

none of that means Wilson won’t be great or won’t be the pick, but I get it. Look no further than JN the week after Fields played Clemson and the week after he played injured in the NATTY 

to be fair we have a reason/right to roll eyes.  

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, football guy said:

This is the sentiment from this past weekend. If Jets trade, they're not moving out of the top 10, and they want FMV. 

The 49ers just crystalized what FMV for #2 is: at least 3 first-round picks and a third-round pick. Chances are Douglas wants 3 first-round picks and a second-round pick from the Panthers, if they're unwilling to go there, they'll take Zach and trade Sam... getting fair market value for Sam is much easier to accomplish than getting it for #2. How many people are going to top what SF just established?

Stop it. There is zero chance in hell Saleh and Douglas risk passing on Wilson.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

Then why didnt they make the huge deal that the Dolphins made with SF?  

3 ones and a 3rd?  You think theres anyone else looking to move up offering more?  

Not a chance IMO

Because JD doesn't want to leave the top 10.

Pitts.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

For them to make that trade they must really, really like at least 2 QBs not named Lawrence. I kind of think it might be Lance too.

I would think if they were interested in Wilson or Fields they would have waited for Tuesday's OSU pro day.  Whats the rush

28 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

No body is putting all their eggs in the basket on a pro day. It’s definitely exciting to see his arm talent on display either way though. Can’t knock ppl for that.

If you are Wilson fan this is Great news & you should be CRAZY HAPPY!!!!!

12 minutes ago, football guy said:

This is the sentiment from this past weekend. If Jets trade, they're not moving out of the top 10, and they want FMV. 

The 49ers just crystalized what FMV for #2 is: at least 3 first-round picks and a third-round pick. Chances are Douglas wants 3 first-round picks and a second-round pick from the Panthers, if they're unwilling to go there, they'll take Zach and trade Sam... getting fair market value for Sam is much easier to accomplish than getting it for #2. How many people are going to top what SF just established?

Jets are taking Wilson.

Niners more then likely offered them the sun the moon and stars  and they turned it down.

You only turn it down if you’re set on a QB not if you’re looking for a better offer..