Zach Wilson Pro Day

Just now, greenwichjetfan said:

Can someone in the Zach Wilson Pro Day thread please point me to a summary of what he did and how he fared? Busy at work today and lost track of time. I'm assuming it's already over.

I've been a Fields guy for a long time and can't wrap my head around Wilson for certain reasons, but I don't want to turn a blind eye to anything. Would love to hear how he did - preferably from someone who hasn't spent the last 2 months ruining every thread by telling us all that we're terrible people for not loving him from the start.  

I've been a Fields guy for a long time. But Wilson's passing exhibition was impressive. Very impressive.

That, coupled with the fact that JD, Saleh and LaFleur were all there and the 49ers trade today, pretty much convinced me that Wilson will be the pick at #2. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, football guy said:

Yes, but he does not want to move out of the top 10. 

Anyway, in a group chat with the Jets people and they're saying after the 49ers trade the only way the Jets move down is for 3 first-round picks, a second-round pick, and possibly more from the Panthers

And since that is almost certainly not happening...

2 minutes ago, football guy said:

Anyway, in a group chat with the Jets people and they're saying after the 49ers trade the only way the Jets move down is for 3 first-round picks, a second-round pick, and possibly more from the Panthers

Have to believe that's that then, can't see them giving up that much.

30 minutes ago, heymangold said:

Everyone was giddy over josh allen throwing in shorts too...

29 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

And Paxton Lynch.  And Jamarcus Russell.  And Geno Smith

Probably because every pro day in the history of pro days was held in shorts too.

The talent is seeing the difference between the QBs.  

Just now, BroadwayRay said:

You don't see it, but you're repeatedly calling people who like Wilson unqualified to make that judgment. The post I quoted was a perfect example.

No it wasn’t. And a lot of people do mostly like the idea of him.

Don’t worry about me. I’m not being condescending or disparaging to anyone in particular.  

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Wilsons most impressive throws to me were the short ones.  Not the splashy long ones.  The ball comes out on a line and a rocket on short to medium throws.

Yeah, the overhead angle really shows you the zip on those 10-15 yard outs. They jump out of his hand and get there in a hurry.

4 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

You don't see it, but you're repeatedly calling people who like Wilson unqualified to make that judgment. The post I quoted was a perfect example.

Also I just said I’m bad for pushing back on hive mentality. Like you’re confirming what I said but your painting me as Dick. 

3 minutes ago, football guy said:

He could have just done what the Dolphins did. Trade back up after making the trade. Still think that if JD really wanted to trade down, he would have done so with the 49ers when he had the chance.

Some short observations for any who care.

1. There was some inconsistency. He overthrew a couple of guys on throws I would've liked to see him make, especially set down field throws. 

2. Overall though,  Wilson absolutely killed his pro day. His arm is off the charts and he made throws that even I, a Wilson supporter had no idea he could make. I know it's cliché, but he put on a "Clinic". He's a natural thrower that can really add some velocity. His angles are nuts too. Guy has a tall ass ceiling.

• Upvote 4

17 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Because JD doesn't want to leave the top 10.

Pitts.

Again, who in the top 10, after 5 QBs. Pitts, 2 WRs, Sewel etc is left who needs a QB?  Other than Carolina, who are reportedly content on waiting for Watson?

2 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

Not a dick. Just too dismissive of other people's arguments. Like "hive mentality" -- what the hell does that mean?

Really? Think about the Fields takes on here pre and post Natty game. 

let’s just leave it at that. I’m not making up these narratives but I can always stand to improve my approach and tone. 

• Sympathy 2