Zach Wilson Pro Day

41 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Pro day?  Significantly better, and Darnold had a great pro day.

That's crazy I someone posted vids for me thank you! i will watch as soon as I can. I can tell you guys this. My SF 49er bud here is excited to get a qb and everyone's observation of us not taking the package of picks all but confirms we are going to take our guy at QB. As much as i don't like it, if this kid really is this much better, we still have alot of picks so either way we are probably good. I saw Sams and thought he looked great! I think he is a good qb.

I hope we trade the pick away and get 3 firsts still but the bottom line is we as a team are getting better, great FA and hopefully a great draft!

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

I'm not arguing.  Nothing to argue about.  Wilson impressed.  Youre the one disagreeing with everyone who watched not praying for a trade and trying to justify sticking with a failed QB

I'm just pointing out what I saw.

Looked good.  Far from insanely awesome though.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, football guy said:

Yes, but he does not want to move out of the top 10. 

Anyway, in a group chat with the Jets people and they're saying after the 49ers trade the only way the Jets move down is for 3 first-round picks, a second-round pick, and possibly more from the Panthers

No Lions in this conversation?

The news to me is that he's had meetings with the Jets over zoom already. Sounds like they've already gotten to know him and put him on the board to see his intelligence. Things might move fast on the Darnold front now that the Jets options are drying up minute by minute. I would think if he's the pick they'd be eager to trade Darnold soon. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 2
  • Post of the Week 1

15 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

He could have just done what the Dolphins did. Trade back up after making the trade. Still think that if JD really wanted to trade down, he would have done so with the 49ers when he had the chance.

maybe JD has a better deal with the Panthers already worked out. 

22 minutes ago, football guy said:

Yes, but he does not want to move out of the top 10. 

Anyway, in a group chat with the Jets people and they're saying after the 49ers trade the only way the Jets move down is for 3 first-round picks, a second-round pick, and possibly more from the Panthers

Are the Falcons really not interested in moving up 2 spots?

Would not cost nearly what Carolina would have to pay. And the Jets could still draft Pitts.

1 minute ago, y2k8 said:

Are the Falcons really not interested in moving up 2 spots?

Would not cost nearly what Carolina would have to pay. And the Jets could still draft Pitts.

I really don't know. Possibly, but I don't know that they would pay what the Jets want given that Matt Ryan is getting paid $45 million next year regardless if he's on the team or not

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

24 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

I've been a Fields guy for a long time. But Wilson's passing exhibition was impressive. Very impressive.

That, coupled with the fact that JD, Saleh and LaFleur were all there and the 49ers trade today, pretty much convinced me that Wilson will be the pick at #2. 

I have the same feeling but if Fields lights up next week, things could be interesting.

Will be interesting to see if JD, Saleh & LaFleur are at Ohio St. too

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

57 minutes ago, Maxman said:

This is impressive.

The Jets would be foolish to not draft wilson. Trading the pick means you want Darnold for a year and you want to continue adding to your draft stockpile. Darnold for another year is a waste. We need to be fair to Saleh and the team, do not waste any time. Trade Darnold, draft Wilson and begin the rebirth. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

So with SF going to 3, is it safe to assume that JD shot down the SF offer? They must have, imo.

This tells me that we are staying put @ 2.

100% etched in stone. The offer had to have been made and rejected.

Guys, NOBODY is SOOOOO dumb to have an opportunity to draft a fqb and instead keep rolling with darnold. NOBODY. not even the jets

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

I've been a Fields guy for a long time. But Wilson's passing exhibition was impressive. Very impressive.

That, coupled with the fact that JD, Saleh and LaFleur were all there and the 49ers trade today, pretty much convinced me that Wilson will be the pick at #2. 

Fields throws on Wed. Let's see what he can do in shorts and with no pass rush on him .  Pro days are about as useful as 40 yd times for offensive linemen. I still say the decision on our next QB will come down to the interviews and whiteboard work. 

• Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, Latinlawyer said:

The Jets would be foolish to not draft wilson. Trading the pick means you want Darnold for a year and you want to continue adding to your draft stockpile. Darnold for another year is a waste. We need to be fair to Saleh and the team, do not waste any time. Trade Darnold, draft Wilson and begin the rebirth. 

Unless you represent Watson and clear up all the legal issues, Wilson is the guy.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, HighPitch said:

100% etched in stone. The offer had to have been made and rejected.

Guys, NOBODY is SOOOOO dumb to have an opportunity to draft a fqb and instead keep rolling with darnold. NOBODY. not even the jets

Correct.  Peoples livelihoods/careers are on the line.  Peoples families are at stake here.

No one is sticking their neck out for a horrible qb like Darnold.  

Darnold isnt and never was taking another snap for the Jets after last year.  Time to retire the pajamas and the bobbleheads for few darnold lovers left.

• Upvote 2