Zach Wilson Pro Day

20 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

I'm not here to entertain you, I'm here to entertain me.

Feel free to not read my posts or put me on ignore.

Either way, don't care.  

Perhaps your posts should only be seen by you then?  Just sayin... 

• Haha 4

31 minutes ago, Columbia Jet Fan said:

I think the tweet actually proves the opposite. Someone just put a value of 3 1sts and a 3 on the #3 overall pick. Many of the people who were laughing at the trade suggestions proposed for the Jets were saying we aren't going to be giving 4 1st rounders or whatever because that would be the equivalent of giving away 6+ and the right to choose a franchise QB. If the 49ers offered 4 first rounders, we could turn around and say OK - we'll offer #2 and a first rounder next year - and our offer is WAY better than theirs since the market for 3 has been established (their next 3 1s + a third) - and our #2 overall beats that by itself sicne they'd be able to choose their non TL QB... and the remaining first we offer is next year as opposed to 2024...

My eyes is going crazy over here. Ill bring all my glasses and my shoes. So i have them.

thanks for not being rude like dummy errr dunnie

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

Take breath?  No need to be condescending as I'm breathing just fine.  You do realize that we have multiple first round picks this year and next right?   Not including whatever they get for Darnold.    You don't pass on franchise quarterbacks "because your team is not ready" or you have quarterback even though he has already had 3 years and have been underwhelming to say the least.  That is just plain stupid, period.  You take the qb and then proceed to build a team around him.   Teams that don't end up like the Jets, drafting safeties at 6 and passing on players like Watson and Mahomes.  I do trust JD and Saleh until they give me a reason not to. 

Again, who said they will be rushing anyone?  Suppose the KID IS READY??  Should they still sit him for a year??   Again, I will give these guys the benefit of the doubt until they give me reason to question their judgement.    

Again, I'm not talking about Wilson, I'm talking about the situation he's due to inherit. Watson and Mahomes succeeded largely because they landed into good situations. If you recall, Buffalo traded their pick to KC which they used to take Mahomes and Cleveland traded their pick to Houston, which they used to take Watson. Both of those teams passed on generational QBs and used the capital they gained to continue building their teams and draft their QB the following year. They're both playoff teams now. I get that you eventually need a QB, and Wilson is definitely worthy of taking at 2, I just don't need to see the Jets draft another QB and drop him into a shaky situation.

11 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

Hindsight is 20/20 dum dum you missed the point. Go drink your nasty scotch

I am sure this is what mccagnan said when he passed on mahommes and watson in favor of jamal adams and danold in favor of josh allen.

hindsight!  lol

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

25 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Urban Meyer doesn’t bother showing up to Zach Wilson’s pro day

March 26, 2021 | 12:45pm

2 minutes ago, Averagejetsfan1421 said:

Jaguars were there,  not sure who but was standing right behind wilson.

Douglas, saleh, and Lafleur were all in attendance,  if that doesn't show hes the number 2 pick idk what would.

Urban Meyer is what was posted I saw the JAGUARS had coaches there watching it live. 

Again, I'm not talking about Wilson, I'm talking about the situation he's due to inherit. Watson and Mahomes succeeded largely because they landed into good situations. If you recall, Buffalo traded their pick to KC which they used to take Mahomes and Cleveland traded their pick to Houston, which they used to take Watson. Both of those teams passed on generational QBs and used the capital they gained to continue building their teams and draft their QB the following year. They're both playoff teams now. I get that you eventually need a QB, and Wilson is definitely worthy of taking at 2, I just don't need to see the Jets draft another QB and drop him into a shaky situation.
I almost agree with you... here is why you are wrong ...

Darnold will cost a hell of a lot more to build around ... and the likelyhood of Darnold turning it around as a Jet is slim.

So you waste a year.... or you get started.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using JetNation.com mobile app

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 2

Watching him out there just made me even more annoyed that we haven’t been more aggressive in putting quality around him.

He has the potential to be anything and we’re still among the league worst in so many offensive positions. The draft has to be 90% offence. Which is wont be of course. Will be probably be less than 50% because Jets.

Just now, Irish Jet said:

Watching him out there just made me even more annoyed that we haven’t been more aggressive in putting quality around him.

He has the potential to be anything and we’re still among the league worst in so many offensive positions. The draft has to be 90% offence. Which is wont be of course. Will be probably be less than 50% because Jets.

First 3 picks have to be Offense. 

55 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

My son just said what if Jacksonville surprises everyone and takes Zach Wilson. 

I agree.  remember 3 years ago when Sam was universally thought to be the #1 pick?  and then on draft day all of a sudden a report came out that the Browns were thinking Baker?  I'm not saying Sam is Trevor, but stranger things have happened.

As you can tell by my picture here, I have been a "Sam guy".  I am so disappointed, because I feel the Jets have failed him, and when he goes somewhere else with an actual team, he will be a superstar.  But after today, when the Niners traded up to the #3 spot, I have to feel that Sam's days are numbered.  You have to think the Niners called Douglas with at least that offer and the fact that he refused it?  The writing is on the wall.  I will miss Sam, and wish him well, but I root for the Jets team, not the player.  I'm all in On Wilson!

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

I guess you haven't been watching closely. This is not your typical Jets management team. Lose the loser's mentality and enjoy life.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, fullblast said:

Again, I'm not talking about Wilson, I'm talking about the situation he's due to inherit. Watson and Mahomes succeeded largely because they landed into good situations. If you recall, Buffalo traded their pick to KC which they used to take Mahomes and Cleveland traded their pick to Houston, which they used to take Watson. BotfAh of those teams passed on generational QBs and used the capital they gained to continue building their teams and draft their QB the following year. They're both playoff teams now. I get that you eventually need a QB, and Wilson is definitely worthy of taking at 2, I just don't need to see the Jets draft another QB and drop him into a shaky situation.

Fair enough, I just don't see this as a shaky situation at this point.  I think we have nice talent at receiver and running back and even TE, I expect Herndon to have bounce back year along with whomever they decide to draft.  There are still ?? on the OL but toward the end of the year the OL was not nearly as bad as they were earlier on (to that point I don't understand why they didn't resign Pat Elfein as he really seem to stablize the line) McGovern played alot better and Fant actually exceed expectations.  Becton has a year under his belt and hopefully Camaron Clark can challenge after sitting all last season.  We have a lot of picks to work with and our defense could be vastly improved if we can sustain a pass rush and add a few quality cbs in the draft.   My point is I don't see a parallel to what Darnold walked into 4 years ago.  I don't focus on the 2 wins last year because we had a ton of injuries, especially to our wide receivers and more importantly we had Gase as the HC.  I truly believe that any other decent HC would have won 4-5 games with this same team so the record is a bit misleading in that regard.