• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Third time you’ve used this joke. It’s not landing.

Is this the official thread? I don’t see any asterisks, please advise 

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

I don’t put people on Ignore. Ignore is for pussies. You know this. 

It’s it/he/she/them/they that doesn’t appreciate my wit and needs an Ignore tutorial. 

LOL, you may need a peace tutorial, Mr. Frog. 

• Haha 1

Jets are holding on to Sammy. Wilson is a f*cking waste of time, Fields sucks, and either is a complete waste of the equity in the 2nd overall pick.

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 2
  • Haha 3
1 hour ago, JetBlue said:

I can only assume you have not seen this guy play to make such an uninformed opinion.  

what is he like the 8th tight end that has been called Baby Gronk? It's like when every singer songwriter with a mediocre voice gets called the new Bob Dylan.

34 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

The vast majority of NFL QBs can make this throw but you don’t see it because it would result in a pick six every time.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, maury77 said:

So I wanted to actually watch the pro day before posting in this thread. 

Good 

Wilson made some breathtaking throws. The pass down field while running left was a great throw. 

Good accuracy. I charted 46 out of 60 throws being accurate (this doesn't mean 46 of 60 throws were completed, I gave him credit for accurate throws that were dropped and knocked him for catches with bad ball placement). 

Bad

I know he weighed in at 214 today, but it looks like it was bad weight. I saw him catching his breath on a couple of occasions. I think the line about tweaking his hamstring to not do any athletic testing was BS (he certainly didn't seem to be limping during any of his throws). I think his team knew the added weight would would negatively affect his testing, so they made up the hamstring BS. 

Trying to scare the Jets off. 

4 minutes ago, maury77 said:

Good 

Wilson made some breathtaking throws. The pass down field while running left was a great throw. 

Good accuracy. I charted 46 out of 60 throws being accurate (this doesn't mean 46 of 60 throws were completed, I gave him credit for accurate throws that were dropped and knocked him for catches with bad ball placement). 

Bad

I know he weighed in at 214 today, but it looks like it was bad weight. I saw him catching his breath on a couple of occasions. I think the line about tweaking his hamstring to not do any athletic testing was BS (he certainly didn't seem to be limping during any of his throws). I think his team knew the added weight would would negatively affect his testing, so they made up the hamstring BS. 

Honestly,

This is silly stuff.  He looked great today.  "bad weight" come on.

Let's just accept he's a very good prospect.  it's okay, we're going to draft a guy with legit potential to be a stud.

It's okay to accept that and be excited about it....

Is he a lock, of course not - but he's an exciting prospect...

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1
6 minutes ago, maury77 said:

Good 

Bad

People see what they want. You stick to your love of Fields. He may not even be the 4th QB taken. The odds of the Jets not taking Wilson are close to zero today. He was incredibly impressive but you are going to find any negative you can to cling to your narrative. 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1
5 hours ago, Beerfish said:

I want to be Daniel Jeremiah  when I grow up.  Talk draft sh*t for 6 months of the year and get paid for it.

I do it for 12 months and don't get paid for it. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The vast majority of NFL QBs can make this throw but you don’t see it because it would result in a pick six every time.

A pick six every time? From a throw 50 yards down the field?

Mahomes must have had like 10 pick 6s last year.

stop. 

• Upvote 3
Just now, slimjasi said:

A pick six every time? From a throw 50 yards down the field?

Mahomes must have had like 10 pick 6s last year.

stop. 

You’d have free safeties signaling for a fair catch on a pass like that

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2
Just now, T0mShane said:

Watch it again.  Hit the receiver in stride at full speed.  Receiver did not slow down or veer left or right.  Ran straight at full speed and the ball hit his outstretched hand like it was placed there.  Unless the safety was behind the receiver, that is a touchdown, 10 times out of 10.

• Upvote 4
1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

My guy, he dropped it right in the bread basket 50+ yards to the opposite side of the field off balance. In what world is that pass a pick 6 in a real game? In your scenario do you have a safety double covering and flying over the front of the receiver to snatch that pass from his hands. That’s right in his guy’s pocket bro.

Easy completion & insanely hard pass.

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, Maxman said:

The guy is putting on a clinic today. Everything is on the money, even 60 yards down the field. I think I only saw him throw one bad pass and it was 25 yards to to sideline (sailed it).

I'm sorry, I know this is your website, but everything is on the $ is an exaggeration. 

• Confused 1
6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The hell? How is it different than any 50 yard bomb other than the fact that the WR is more likely to be open because the safety is bailing left....

5 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Not sure if mentioned but did the weak framed Wilson actually weigh more than Trevor Lawrence? 

6-2  214 to 6-5 less than 214? 

So....

Except Lawrence looks like a chiseled, lanky ball of complete muscle.

I look at Zach Wilson and I want to pinch his cheeks and tussle his hair.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, maury77 said:

I'm sorry, I know this is your website, but everything is on the $ is an exaggeration. 

Agreed that Wilson missed a few in the midst of him putting on a show. That is 100% fair. 

it’s not a big deal though. He made many of the same kinds of throws that he had maybe missed early in the workout...also made a lot more harder throws than the handful missed as well.

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Can someone in the Zach Wilson Pro Day thread please point me to a summary of what he did and how he fared? Busy at work today and lost track of time. I'm assuming it's already over.

I've been a Fields guy for a long time and can't wrap my head around Wilson for certain reasons, but I don't want to turn a blind eye to anything. Would love to hear how he did - preferably from someone who hasn't spent the last 2 months ruining every thread by telling us all that we're terrible people for not loving him from the start.  

I think he had a good day. He made some beautiful throws (1 in particular), but some of the deep shots were over throws or the WR had to slow up to catch them. Very accurate outside the hashes, kinda mediocre over the middle in the intermediate area of the field. Came in at a good weight, but looked chubbier than normal. No athletic testing due to a "bad hamstring". 

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, maury77 said:

Came in at a good weight, but looked chubbier than normal.

Ehhhhhhh see this is the kind of stuff that sounds like a reach. This is the stuff the JN critics can probably pass on mentioning. It’s a weak point. Anything else, sure, have at it, your opinion is your opinion, of COURSE. I’m not here to bash...this one is super meh tho.

13 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Not sure if mentioned but did the weak framed Wilson actually weigh more than Trevor Lawrence? 

6-2  214 to 6-5 less than 214? 

So....

If I remember correctly, Trevor couldn't lift for several months (if not longer) because of that non-throwing shoulder injury and therefore was lighter than expected.

And likely our boy Stormin Mormon Wilson has been doing his very best to bulk up for this weigh-in... not sure he played at that weight.

Either way, I'm not quite so sure it matters as much. You can barely touch QB's anymore, and when they do get injured, it's because of a hit at or below the knee - where it doesn't really matter how big you are or your weight. 

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, Untouchable said:

Great

Then we get the guy who this fanbase was collectively rooting for the Jets to go 0-16 in order to obtain 3 months ago.

Seriously. On what f*cking planet is Wilson better than Lawrence?

6 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Except Lawrence looks like a chiseled, lanky ball of complete muscle.

I look at Zach Wilson and I want to pinch his cheeks and tussle his hair.

Doesn’t fit the narrative. Sorry. 

9 minutes ago, QB1 said:

The hell? How is it different than any 50 yard bomb other than the fact that the WR is more likely to be open because the safety is bailing left....

It’s different because Tom doesn’t want to draft Wilson. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1