Zach Wilson Pro Day

8 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

There was even a tank for Teddy vibe amongst fans at the beginning of Bridgewater’s final collegiate year.

Deshone Kizer too...ugghhh

Kizer’s combine, IIRC, was rouggggggggh.

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Yes his family owns Fed-Ex. He's definitely an intriguing prospect man obviously.

However Sam has three years of experience in the league thus far. Of all the quarterbacks coming out this year, after doing a little research Sam would still be the youngest of all of the QBs in their fourth year. It's a tough decision.

Anybody with eyes and a heart knows that Sam has not gotten a fair Shake. however there is no meter for measuring guts.

Just being honest in saying I'm 50/50 I'm really on the fence between keeping Sam or drafting Wilson or Fields. I'm just really not sure.

I've seen Sam flash, and I've seen his worst. I can also look up his Pro Day on YouTube.

I haven't seen Zach Wilson getting his ass kicked by Buffalo's defense in the snow.

I'm really just not sure.

I think this is a fair take. I also think that viewed through that lens, it's probably closer to 70/30 for me to keep Darnold. Where he is in his contract coupled with this QB class certainly complicates things, but I still feel the best move is to keep him and build the team. 

From what I saw of Wilson's pro day, he and Darnold are very adept at making off-base, off-schedule throws. I admittedly haven't seen Wilson play much, so I gotta ask; how good is he in the pocket?

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Well that just screwed the jet trade down move.

It also screwed me in the jet nation draft. lol  BASTARDS!!

Not necessarily, there weren't any trade talks with SF when the it was a move down to #12 OA but now it might not take that much for SF to slide up one position. Of course, this assumes JD doesn't want Wilson and is going to run it back with Sam and look to further trade down or take his top choice of non QB's.

18 minutes ago, RogerVick1980 said:

If people don’t like Zach as a prospect I get it but I hate the argument that we need to improve the team first and he won’t suceed  here because there are too many holes.

Why can’t we draft Wilson and still improve the team going forward? We have tons of picks and cap space not just this year but the next few why do people act like our  current roster right this second is what Zach is gonna be surrounded by for his whole career?

This

29 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Kizer’s combine, IIRC, was rouggggggggh.

Yeah his confidence was absolutely SHOT at that point. I think I remember coach Kelly ripping him during the season saying he didn’t think he was a good prospect or some brutal sh*t like that.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, RogerVick1980 said:

If people don’t like Zach as a prospect I get it but I hate the argument that we need to improve the team first and he won’t suceed  here because there are too many holes.

Why can’t we draft Wilson and still improve the team going forward? We have tons of picks and cap space not just this year but the next few why do people act like our  current roster right this second is what Zach is gonna be surrounded by for his whole career?

Because we just gave sam darnold three years and were in the same spot then.

These days QBs are busts after two let alone three years if the team does not light it up.

Sure you can draft a QB and build but you better bloody well have an ace gm to do so.

We will know a lot about Douglas after this draft, or at least I will have upped my judgment of him.

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Teddy Bridgewater.  Went from being in the conversation for the first overall pick to getting selected 32nd.

Thank you for the info!  I really never paid much attention to pro days until the year we drafted Sam.  I have the draft addicts of Jetnation to thank for opening my eyes !

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, johnnysd said:

Different body types. Height/weight doesn't say everything. Zack is more proportionate with bigger legs and butt, Lawrence is wiry and can still grow into his frame. I love Wilson but Lawrence probably has the better frame for football.

I think Lawrence’s length (also importantly re: Wilson’s economical throwing motion and quick release) is a liability in a tight pocket vs front 7 for tipped balls and fumbles, and it’s also possible that it gives secondaries more reaction time to read and break.

Why do I always think of that awful band 'Loverboy' whenever Zach Wilson is mentioned? 

2158b93bb99ab529237e05f3a0f9b276.jpg

Everybody's waiting for the weekend! Everybody wants a little romance! Everybody's going off the deep end! Everybody needs a second chance . . . ! Ohhhhh, I guess it's the bandana thing. : /

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Vader said:

I think Lawrence’s length (also importantly re: Wilson’s economical throwing motion and quick release) is a liability in a tight pocket vs front 7 for tipped balls and fumbles, and it’s also possible that it gives secondaries more reaction time to read and break.

That's true, but it also give him an advantage in seeing the field because he's 6'6"

31 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

He was breathing hard pretty early on in his session. It wouldn’t surprise me if his playing weight is closer to 205. Still not a problem but less soothing. 

Gaining 10lbs doesn't make you out of shape and breathe heavy when you're a 21 year old kid whose been training for the past 3 months for this. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, choon328 said:

Gaining 10lbs doesn't make you out of shape and breathe heavy when you're a 21 year old kid whose been training for the past 3 months for this. 

He threw 70 times in 25 minutes, I would say it's fairly normal for him to be a bit tired by the end 

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Not saying he’s out of shape but that he gained unhealthy weight in order to tip the scales favorably for this one event. Add in that he didn’t do any athletic testing and it’s not farfetched to imagine that he’s unhealthily bulked up for an important weigh in. 

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Its called adrenalin and excitement.  I'm a fat 50 year old man, but when I go to a ripping house fire, its just another day at the office for me...

Meanwhile, the brand new 24 year old Crossfitter/BJJ kid built like a Greek God who has been Keto since he was 17 and can do "Murph" in under an hour and run up 30 floors with a 30lb weight vest on without missing a beat is sweating and hyperventilating like they have COPD and a bump of coke on board en route to room a and contents fire that older vets put out without even bothering to put on SCBA.

But yeah. The 20 year old, elite college athlete is out if shape.

FFS.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Not saying he’s out of shape but that he gained unhealthy weight in order to tip the scales favorably for this one event. Add in that he didn’t do any athletic testing and it’s not farfetched to imagine that he’s unhealthily bulked up for an important weigh in. 

If he gained 10 pounds the unhealthy way, no matter what, you’d be able to see it on his body & in the fullness of his face.

• Upvote 1