Zach Wilson Pro Day

9 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Its called adrenalin and excitement.  I'm a fat 50 year old man, but when I go to a ripping house fire, its just another day at the office for me...

Meanwhile, the brand new 24 year old Crossfitter/BJJ kid built like a Greek God who has been Keto since he was 17 and can do "Murph" in under an hour and run up 30 floors with a 30lb weight vest on without missing a beat is sweating and hyperventilating like they have COPD and a bump of coke on board en route to room a and contents fire that older vets put out without even bothering to put on SCBA.

But yeah. The 20 year old, elite college athlete is out if shape.

FFS.

Except I didn't say he was out of shape. Quite the opposite

6 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

There's about 25 creepy old couch dwellers basically saying the kid pigged out on Taco Bell to weigh in heavier for today. Its ridiculous. 

The hate for the kid is dumb. 

C'mon...way too spicy for any pasty mayonnaise muthahuckas from Provo. I guarantee it was Chic-fil-a. 

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, freestater said:

C'mon...way too spicy for any pasty mayonnaise muthahuckas from Provo. I guarantee it was Chic-fil-a. 

Yeah. Screw Wilson. Lets draft that soft ass bitch that got so butthurt when he couldn't beat out Jake Fromm, he made up an "incident" to scare the NCAA into letting him transfer and play immediately for the best paid team in the NCAA. 

#mentaltoughness

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, choon328 said:

So bc you guys assumed he was lighter than what he weighed in you're making assumptions that he gained an unhealthy 8 lbs over the past 3 months lol. You guys are acting like he weighed 205 last week and ate nothing but Big Macs for the past week to gain weight. Isnt it possible he gained 8 lbs of muscle in the past 3 months??? Maybe you all were just wrong. What's next, he was wearing heal lifts to boost his height? So ridiculous

Who is you guys? I noticed something in his pro day and he looked a bit more full. If you add in that he didn’t do any of the physical tests there’s something worth some speculation or skepticism.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

Yea I'm not interested in the pissing contest between Wilson apologists and Wilson haters.

I'm just saying there's a reason why TL showed up light, and understandably so, and a reason why ZW had incentive to put on weight (simply through caloric increase, not just lifting) since his season ended.

And I'm saying this is a non-issue for either player. This isn't DeVonta Smith at a 170 lbs having to face an NFL cornerback pressing him at the LOS. 

Do your point?

3 hours ago, maury77 said:

I'm sorry, I know this is your website, but everything is on the $ is an exaggeration. 

I would say he was exceptionally accurate. Basically the work out is so good that he cemented Darnold getting traded. Jets talking Wilson at 2.  That is a pretty good day.  He made himself a few extra bucks today.  :)

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

2 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I would say he was exceptionally accurate. Basically the work out is so good that he cemented Darnold getting traded. Jets talking Wilson at 2.  That is a pretty good day.  He made himself a few extra bucks today.  :)

And he lost the headband, paving the way for the Olivia-Newton John holdouts to get on board 

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

If you weighed 200 pounds and had a Pro Day, you would absolutely show up at your weigh-in larded up with 14 lbs of American Crew in your hair. I don’t see how this is a weird thing to say about a prospect who is clearly a tiny boy

Fixed 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

If you weighed 200 pounds and had a Pro Day, you would absolutely show up at your weigh-in larded up with protein powder and three gallons of water. I don’t see how this is a weird thing to say about a prospect who is clearly a tiny boy

giphy.gif

• Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Yeah. Screw Wilson. Lets draft that soft ass bitch that got so butthurt when he couldn't beat out Jake Fromm, he made up an "incident" to scare the NCAA into letting him transfer and play immediately for the best paid team in the NCAA. 

#mentaltoughness

Sorry. Forgot the first rule of the Cult of the Immaculate Twink: thou shalt not criticize mayonnaise. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Besides his arm talent which is immense, he comes off smug and he's a little bit of a wiseass but he's obviously very intelligent and I like that.

Modern-day New Age QB.

Digging deeper he's rich. So why is he doing this and is he going to lead with his chin when he gets the team to the playoffs and opposing defenses are headhunting? In other words what is driving him?

To be perfectly honest he really is slight of frame and if I posted a picture of my eleven-year-old twins they look exactly like him. In fact I would bet money that my seventeen-year-old would kick this kids ass in a fist fight.

I would say he comes off smarter than Sam, and definitely has a better arm, but sometimes new things aren't better they're just new. I'm really 50/50. I want to see how Fields looks next week.

Yep, you got this right. After his 2nd concussion or serious injury he bows out. His long term health will be the deciding factor as he doesn't need the money.

This guy is not built to take NFL punishment even with the new rules that treat the QB's as untouchable. I'm 67 and I think I could almost kick his ass, when I was 45 he would've end up on the wrong end of the fight.

If he try's to run like Josh Allen he'll end up broken in one season.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Considering that most people know where (or who) I get some (not all) of my information from, I was gonna post this lol...beat me to it.

I don't doubt that you have people who work for the Jets FO. BUT are they so inside that they know what JD is going to do?

Sorry but I don't buy that, only JD knows his plan.

8 hours ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Besides his arm talent which is immense, he comes off smug and he's a little bit of a wiseass but he's obviously very intelligent and I like that.

Modern-day New Age QB.

Digging deeper he's rich. So why is he doing this and is he going to lead with his chin when he gets the team to the playoffs and opposing defenses are headhunting? In other words what is driving him?

To be perfectly honest he really is slight of frame and if I posted a picture of my eleven-year-old twins they look exactly like him. In fact I would bet money that my seventeen-year-old would kick this kids ass in a fist fight.

I would say he comes off smarter than Sam, and definitely has a better arm, but sometimes new things aren't better they're just new. I'm really 50/50. I want to see how Fields looks next week.

Where are you getting all this from? I’ve watched a few of his interviews and he comes off just fine. Reminds me of Darnold actually. They’re pretty similar prospects on multiple levels. But I’m not getting smug vibes from Wilson at all.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Barkus said:

You are getting you narratives confused. Zack Wilson’s uncle owns Jet Blue. Arthur Smith the New HC of the Falcons his father owns Fed-Ex.

Zach’s dad owns Amazon. 

Get your filthy rich no interest in being an NFL QB narrative correct. 

And his Mom is Elon Musk. 

Geez. 

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, Big_Slick said:

I don't doubt that you have people who work for the Jets FO. BUT are they so inside that they know what JD is going to do?

Sorry but I don't buy that, only JD knows his plan.

Unless they are JD himself (which they aren’t, nor do I claim them to be) no, they don’t have that type of guarantee associated with their information.  That being said, and I can’t divulge too much obviously, the person I speak to within the organization is high enough where I get a lot of information before it’s made public, along with a good sense of where the figurehead in charge (he’s been around for Macc and now Douglas) is leaning or, yes, what they are sometimes doing.  There’s a reason I was able to tell this place Ryan Fitzpatrick and Darron Lee were signing contracts a full 24 hours before it happened in 2016 and the exact numbers given to Kirk Cousins when we went through that lovely fiasco that he so kindly documented later on.  

I’ll leave it at that because I’m not in the business of getting people in trouble.  Long story short, Ben isn’t the only person I speak to.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

7 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Unless they are JD himself (which they aren’t, nor do I claim them to be) no, they don’t have that type of guarantee associated with their information.  That being said, and I can’t divulge too much obviously, the person I speak to within the organization is high enough where I get a lot of information before it’s made public, along with a good sense of where the figurehead in charge (he’s been around for Macc and now Douglas) is leaning or, yes, what they are sometimes doing.  There’s a reason I was able to tell this place Ryan Fitzpatrick and Darron Lee were signing contracts a full 24 hours before it happened in 2016 and the exact numbers given to Kirk Cousins when we went through that lovely fiasco that he so kindly documented later on.  

I’ll leave it at that because I’m not in the business of getting people in trouble.  Long story short, Ben isn’t the only person I speak to.

OK - I don't mean to demean your sources but the difference between Macc and JD are night and day. At least I hope so...

1 hour ago, Big_Slick said:

Yep, you got this right. After his 2nd concussion or serious injury he bows out. His long term health will be the deciding factor as he doesn't need the money.

This guy is not built to take NFL punishment even with the new rules that treat the QB's as untouchable. I'm 67 and I think I could almost kick his ass, when I was 45 he would've end up on the wrong end of the fight.

If he try's to run like Josh Allen he'll end up broken in one season.

Im sorry but this is just dumb. First Zacks family is not that rich, it is his uncle that is mega rich. Second, ALL QBs taken in like the Top 3 have FU money so this is a risk with ALL top QB draft picks then

You are still going on about the size thing after the Pro Day. Seriously?

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Heard Jeremiah say that the Jets could actually do tha (package Sam and 23).  Would get verrrrry interesting if it happened.

Number 9.  One lower than I'd like to be because...

Lawrence, Wilson, Fields, Pitts, Chase, Sewell, Slater...

Those are the 7 guys I would like two of.   Lance will almost certainly go in the top-8 as well.  But if that's the exact grouping, then we are looking at Waddle and Smith at #9.  Now I don't hate that, but I think the value drop-off is significant after those top-8.  And even Sewell is slightly problematic because of position conflict.  

If we landed Slater at 9, I think that's a fantastic outcome.  Or Pitts if he somehow gets there (which i doubt).  I think Waddle would be exciting but I wonder if I'd rather trade down a few more slots at the point and put Vera-Tucker in play.  Because I really, really would love to draft a fantastic Guard.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Big_Slick said:

OK - I don't mean to demean your sources but the difference between Macc and JD are night and day. At least I hope so...

All good.  At the end of the day, I’m only sharing what I hear because I enjoy this place so much, not for personal gain, so I don’t take it seriously.

and yes, there are many differences lol.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 2