Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Third time you’ve used this joke. It’s not landing.

Is this the official thread? I don’t see any asterisks, please advise 

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, DJF71 said:

I wonder if one of the reasons SF traded with the Dolphins is because Saleh told Shanahan that the Jets were 100% taking Wilson.

49ers are convinced that he told them the opposite and that they’re trading up for Wilson.

They’re delusional. Saleh doesn’t give a sh*t about the 49ers now. If we find out he’s giving them inside information he should be fired yesterday.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

The real thing here is I trust joe to evaluate talent and if he think wilson is the guy I'm 100 percent with him. Unlike previous GM s I think he is going to be right most of the time

Why? Im truly flabbergasted at the blind faith for a guy who has proven nothing as a GM.

  • Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Irish Jet said:

49ers are convinced that he told them the opposite and that they’re trading up for Wilson.

They’re delusional. Saleh doesn’t give a sh*t about the 49ers now. If we find out he’s giving them inside information he should be fired yesterday.

Or maybe they didn't even call the Jets because there's bad blood with Saleh and knew what kind of answer they'd get. 

  • Confused 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Why? Im truly flabbergasted at the blind faith for a guy who has proven nothing as a GM.

I mean what does prove something mean? Getting rid of over bloated contracts, signing players to fair contracts, picking a good HC Candidate, addressing edge and line, changing out the medical side of things, building a culture, being fair and not over reacting to to players...idk it doesn't seem like blind faith it seems the very opposite. I can literally see the changes at one jets drive, from staff to players...all the whole seeing the new culture and stopping the old culture. Hell he got the jets to fix the damn hierarchy of owner gm HC for ****s sake. I mean if you don't see all that I'm not sure what your looking at.

 

 

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, bitonti said:

Its so obvious 

We don't even need hindsight 

So now he’s most likely a consensus top 3 pick you’ve shifted from “he’s not the kind of player you take at the top of the draft” to “he’s a bust”. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, DJF71 said:

I wonder if one of the reasons SF traded with the Dolphins is because Saleh told Shanahan that the Jets were 100% taking Wilson.

The #2 pick is pure gold in this draft and Douglas should absolutely squeeze it until the last second to see if someone gets desperate. I don’t think it says as much about Zack Wilson-love as it does about Douglas maximizing the value of the pick. After the Niners lunacy yesterday, and Wilson not falling on his face, the trade value of two is far and away worth more than anyone you could pick at that spot unless Lawrence drops.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DJF71 said:

Or maybe they didn't even call the Jets because there's bad blood with Saleh and knew what kind of answer they'd get. 

I watched something about the 49ers one day and they were convinced that Kyle and Robert are not friends, they had a good working relationship but not friends or close as some people believe.

  • Upvote 1
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

My concern with Wilson outside of the injury history (though to be fair Lawrence is having shoulder surgery next week) is that to me he looks a little uncomfortable in a clean pocket, similar to Darnold. I feel that when Rodgers, Mahomes, and even Allen have peaked their games they are so comfortable in the pocket that It feels like they stand there all day. Wilson has some big clean pockets in college but he had a tendency to leave them early to try and make a throw on the run when he didn’t have to. 

 

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, chrisfaceoff said:

Guys,

 

we had 27 pages about a pro day.  A pro day. 
 

let that sink in. 
 

also pretty sure Max Is loving the **** out of us the past couple months. 
 

draft weekend is gonna be wild. 
 

I love this place  

 

In truth, I go to dozens of Forum Boards throughout the year and some are quite good but nothing is close to this board and the passion of Jets fans. 
 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, choon328 said:

So bc you guys assumed he was lighter than what he weighed in you're making assumptions that he gained an unhealthy 8 lbs over the past 3 months lol. You guys are acting like he weighed 205 last week and ate nothing but Big Macs for the past week to gain weight. Isnt it possible he gained 8 lbs of muscle in the past 3 months??? Maybe you all were just wrong. What's next, he was wearing heal lifts to boost his height? So ridiculous

Heel Lifts!!!!!!!!

I KNEW IT!!!! :) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, kdels62 said:

He was breathing hard pretty early on in his session. It wouldn’t surprise me if his playing weight is closer to 205. Still not a problem but less soothing. 

I think that was because he was nervous not heavy.   We have to think that he has never been around that press like that or played with thousands of folks around him, he will be fine whatever happens he is talented and has determination.  
 

If the Jets go with Zach, I just want them to develop Zach, that is all.  

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The #2 pick is pure gold in this draft and Douglas should absolutely squeeze it until the last second to see if someone gets desperate. I don’t think it says as much about Zack Wilson-love as it does about Douglas maximizing the value of the pick. After the Niners lunacy yesterday, and Wilson not falling on his face, the trade value of two is far and away worth more than anyone you could pick at that spot unless Lawrence drops.

Can you see the niners flipping with jets? They didn't trade any of their picks this year and may have current players the jets want too.

  • Upvote 2
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, adobolo2 said:

I watched something about the 49ers one day and they were convinced that Kyle and Robert are not friends, they had a good working relationship but not friends or close as some people believe.

Where did you see that I would love to read it if you can remember because I was and am under the impression that they were the best of friends at least in a working relationship.  
 

Thank you. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dinamite said:

Can you see the niners flipping with jets? They didn't trade any of their picks this year and may have current players the jets want too.

I think the Niners came up to three to be in pole position to trade for Deshaun Watson once the Jets faceplant themselves into three years of Zack Wilson. It’ll be a Jets double-stuff too because they’d then also be stuck with Darnold. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

I think the Niners came up to three to be in pole position to trade for Deshaun Watson once the Jets faceplant themselves into three years of Zack Wilson. It’ll be a Jets double-stuff too because they’d then also be stuck with Darnold. 

Interesting. I think Miami is in the pole position to get Watson next year now (doubt he gets traded this year) 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Where did you see that I would love to read it if you can remember because I was and am under the impression that they were the best of friends at least in a working relationship.  
 

Thank you. 

I'll have a look and see can I find it. It was about the 49ers trading for Darnold which by the way they were absolutely against😂

  • Post of the Week 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

It’s going to be funny if the Jags draft Wilson and people are upset that we drafted Lawrence. 

LOL I would be ecstatic if that happened. I like Wilson a lot. I like Fields a lot. I think Lance looks really promising. But Lawrence is still the guy with the biggest upside. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Dinamite said:

Interesting. I think Miami is in the pole position to get Watson next year now (doubt he gets traded this year) 

It would appear that the Watson story is already losing steam and unless Buzbee can produce something the media can hyperventilate about for another news cycle, it will be a distant memory by the time the draft rolls around. So far, neither the Houston PD nor the NFL seem to be particularly interested in getting involved in that situation (which says a lot about how ****ed up the system is when it comes to adjudicating sex crimes), and, without a silver bullet, Buzbee is going to be left out in the cold very soon. Given that he’s a Texans superfan, how much energy and political capital will he want to expend on Watson once he’s out of Houston? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The #2 pick is pure gold in this draft and Douglas should absolutely squeeze it until the last second to see if someone gets desperate. I don’t think it says as much about Zack Wilson-love as it does about Douglas maximizing the value of the pick. After the Niners lunacy yesterday, and Wilson not falling on his face, the trade value of two is far and away worth more than anyone you could pick at that spot unless Lawrence drops.

Although JD will always listen to an offer. Personally, I don't think he WANTS to move the pick. I think the Jets love Wilson and Jet fans should be excited about that. every rookie has bust potential. There's a lot of great and not a lot of bad in Zach's game. The type of deal that would force JDs hand to pass on Wilson probably won't cross the table. It would have to be a lot. I honestly don't see it.

And that's a good thing. He shouldn't take less. We could have a legit Pro Bowl QB on our hands and we have draft capital, some cap space and even keel GM along with a promising new coaching staff to build around him.  

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Unless they are JD himself (which they aren’t, nor do I claim them to be) no, they don’t have that type of guarantee associated with their information.  That being said, and I can’t divulge too much obviously, the person I speak to within the organization is high enough where I get a lot of information before it’s made public, along with a good sense of where the figurehead in charge (he’s been around for Macc and now Douglas) is leaning or, yes, what they are sometimes doing.  There’s a reason I was able to tell this place Ryan Fitzpatrick and Darron Lee were signing contracts a full 24 hours before it happened in 2016 and the exact numbers given to Kirk Cousins when we went through that lovely fiasco that he so kindly documented later on.  

I’ll leave it at that because I’m not in the business of getting people in trouble.  Long story short, Ben isn’t the only person I speak to.

The key question to your source for me is it a done “deal” now, are the Jets drafting Zach Wilson?

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, PepPep said:

There's a lot of great and not a lot of bad in Zach's game.

His BYU coaches put the starting QB job up for grabs six months ago. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Maxman said:

If they put Sam through the Sam drills, side by side, the results would not be as good for him.

I don't  know about that. He had misses and all this really showed off was arm strength  which we all knew he had. The receivers were not being covered, he didn't  have to make any reads, and he had 2 weeks to practice every throw to these same guys. He probably had this rehearsed  throw for throw in the exact order he did it. All I got out of this is he has great arm talent and good accuracy.  I didn't  learn anything new from this. Put Sam on the field for 2 weeks throwing  these same passes to Crowder, Mims, and Barrios and I bet the results would be identical. Sam's problem isn't his arm strength. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

I think the Niners came up to three to be in pole position to trade for Deshaun Watson once the Jets faceplant themselves into three years of Zack Wilson. It’ll be a Jets double-stuff too because they’d then also be stuck with Darnold. 

I think they came up for Fields, which is even scarier.  Look at the breadcrumbs here, it's wild to me that every Jets fan isnt sh*tting their pants when you read these tea leaves;

- Shannahan/Lynch were willing to give up a ransom for Fields, not Wilson.

- Both former GM's named Mike, have endorsed Wilson (that alone should be a disqualifier) 

- Pre draft, 1 year wonder w/ an injury history risers, have never ever ever succeeded in the NFL. 

- His nickname is Zachapono and his teammates didnt name him Captain.

It's like in the Walking Dead, when they were looking for the "Sanctuary" and all the signs for the camp say "Salvation Ahead", only to find out they're man eating psychos. Same thing really

 

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Maxman said:

If they put Sam through the Sam drills, side by side, the results would not be as good for him.

Max, max, come'on.  I could go out there and do what Zachapono did yesterday only I have much boarder shoulders with a thin waist line with a much tighter ass, so I'd look much more sexy in my shorts. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

They have to take him but the media going nuts over an off balance throw in shorts seems odd. Who’s his agent? Allen, Rodgers, Mahomes all make that throw in games. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, David Harris said:

Were the Jaguars there today?  I think Urban Meyer was not, is that correct?  That he sent a minion.

No one from the Jags came to the BYU pro day.

Guess they dont agree with Chris Simms and must like that Trevor Lawrence guy 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, JiF said:

I think they came up for Fields, which is even scarier.  Look at the breadcrumbs here, it's wild to me that every Jets fan isnt sh*tting their pants when you read these tea leaves;

- Shannahan/Lynch were willing to give up a ransom for Fields, not Wilson.

- Both former GM's named Mike, have endorsed Wilson (that alone should be a disqualifier) 

- Pre draft, 1 year wonder w/ an injury history risers, have never ever ever succeeded in the NFL. 

- His nickname is Zachapono and his teammates didnt name him Captain.

It's like in the Walking Dead, when they were looking for the "Sanctuary" and all the signs for the camp say "Salvation Ahead", only to find out their man eating psychos. Same thing really

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...