Zach Wilson Pro Day

11 hours ago, rayzor said:

If you guys recall, during Trevor Lawrence’s Pro Day, Urban Meyer stood on the field next to him.  Basically signaling to the world, Trevor’s his guy.  Douglas should do the same tomorrow, whether he picks him or not! 

Not too close just in case they are the same height, 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

@football guy that medical check time-frame might explain why you keep hearing that April 9th date that you’ve mentioned a few times.

April 5th is the first day of workouts since we have a new HC ( if I’m not mistaken) I was imagining they’d make a decision on Sam before then, but now it sounds like April 9th is the decision time( internally at least) 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

April 5th is the first day of workouts since we have a new HC ( if I’m not mistaken) I was imagining they’d make a decision on Sam before then, but now it sounds like April 9th is the decision time( internally at least) 

It’s definitely possible that they feel comfortable with drafting one of the QBs and move him before the 9th, but we’ll see.  Quite frankly, I think the throwing and interviews are more important unless Wilson comes out throwing ducks.  The velocity on this throw makes me think he’s gonna check out just fine:

10 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Jamie should tell that to Teddy Bridgewater.  His pro day basically eliminated him from all of the first overall pick conversations.

LOL.....reminds me of the combine a few years back when Kizer from ND was throwing with the other QB's. It was horrific. David Carr was on the field, and he was saying that he's never seen a worse workout, anywhere.He said it actually felt bad for the kid.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bla bla bla said:

God this gif brings back memories of Johnny Football haha

Who he ironically looks identical to on the Football feild.  They're literally, the same exact guy.  It's uncanny how similar they look when you watch their film side by side.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

Who he ironically looks identical to on the Football feild.  They're literally, the same exact guy.  It's uncanny how similar they look when you watch their film side by side.

I always kinda felt Manziel could have been good if he wasnt a partier. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, JiF said:

Is that a bad thing though?

I dont think manziel was a flop due to his ability, it was his character, work ethic and the general fact that hes a complete a$$hole.

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I always kinda felt Manziel could have been good if he wasnt a partier. 

5 minutes ago, BCJet said:

Is that a bad thing though?

I dont think manziel was a flop due to his ability, it was his character, work ethic and the general fact that hes a complete a$$hole.

He was pretty terrible but I guess maybe he wouldnt have been if wasnt such a punk.  idk, plenty of partiers play Football, he was just really really bad in addition.

1 minute ago, nycdan said:

Also, for a kid who supposedly has 'processing' troubles, Fields seems to have muddled through okay.

I started this offseason really down on Fields, but every stat points the other way. I honestly don’t know what to make of the non-Lawrence QBs.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Mogglez said:

Jamie should tell that to Teddy Bridgewater.  His pro day basically eliminated him from all of the first overall pick conversations.

In fairness he is the only QB I can ever remember that actually looked awful at his pro day, every single other QB has always look tremendous.  Even some of the worst bust like Jamarcus looked really good.

• Upvote 1

Pro days for QBs is about more more than the scripted throws. Teams want to see how he handles other players, his leadership skills, reactions to his drills and just in general his presence and how he handles himself. Big day for Wilson, he can likely cement himself as #2 pick today.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

I started this offseason really down on Fields, but every stat points the other way. I honestly don’t know what to make of the non-Lawrence QBs.

I've been on the Fields train from the get go.  I've always thought(and still do) he is every bit of the prospect Lawrence is.  I'd still rather have Fields than Wilson.  Seemingly every draft produces a QB that makes people scratch their heads on how teams passed them over.  I am certain that will be Fields this draft.

But I'm resigned to the fact that it won't be him unfortunately.

Unrelated to your post, but if I'm the Jets and I'm serious about Wilson, I ask him to complete a throwing session outside today.  45 degrees and 10-15 mph in Provo today.  I'm sure that won't happen, but I'd be interested bin his response if they asked.

• Upvote 4

10 minutes ago, dcJet said:

Nate Burleson just broke down Zach's NFL Comps.  

Zach has Mohomes' body, Russell Wilson's arm, Romo's accuracy and Aaron Rodgers legs.

Holy Hype, Batman.

My fear - he has Bakery Mayfield ego and Johnny Manziel habits

7 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I've been on the Fields train from the get go.  I've always thought(and still do) he is every bit of the prospect Lawrence is.  I'd still rather have Fields than Wilson.  Seemingly every draft produces a QB that makes people scratch their heads on how teams passed them over.  I am certain that will be Fields this draft.

But I'm resigned to the fact that it won't be him unfortunately.

Unrelated to your post, but if I'm the Jets and I'm serious about Wilson, I ask him to complete a throwing session outside today.  45 degrees and 10-15 mph in Provo today.  I'm sure that won't happen, but I'd be interested bin his response if they asked.

As per the NFL COViD protocols, no workouts are permitted.  So the jets can't even do their own deep meetings/workout with the QBs which is a disadvantage.