Zach Wilson Pro Day

16 hours ago, 56mehl56 said:

Yeah , like I said he has a great arm. For people to go gaga over a workout in shorts is hilarious . Are people going to jump back on Fields bandwagon when he throws 60 yard passes in shorts and w/o a pass rush.  The key points about  pro day workouts have relatively little to do with what 95% of the Wilson fans are creaming their pants over. 

An interesting side note on Fields Pro Day.   OSU's Pro Day is the same day as Alabama's 2nd Pro Day.  Will be very interesting to see if the Jets send as strong a contingent to watch Fields as they did to watch Wilson.  

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, JiF said:

I disagree with just about everything you claim you see on tape.  You've literally said he's the best college QB you've ever seen, so no offense, it's hard to take you serious from that perspective. 

So you think that Wilson has a weak arm, is inaccurate, not athletic, slow release, unintelligent, too small, hands too small and the only reason he had a good year is because he played crappy teams?

As a famous receiver used to say, child, please.

Look you can dislike Wilson. You can want Fields more. You can not want the Jets to take him. But you and others like Maury dismiss him like he is a 4th round talent, when literally no one in the NFL or insiders or analysts think he is anything other than a high first round talent.

Maybe I do need to calm down but when people just continuously spew hatred and conspiracy theories and frankly BS about this guy it bothers me. 

He may suck in the NFL it is a possibility but not sure how anyone can not see the obvious talent.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, flgreen said:

An inteeresting side note on Fields Pro Day.   OSU's Pro Day is the same day as Alabama's 2nd Pro Day.  Will be very interesting to see if the Jets send as strong a contingent to watch Fields as they did to watch Wilson.  

Who from the Jets went to Alabama. I seem to remember it being different.

12 hours ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

I'm looking at a losing team who has no QB, no elite players and a GM who keeps giving starter money based on potential instead of past results while having a shaky at best first draft and who's results at free agency so far have been downright bad.

Started money to davis seems pretty good. Starter money to all players that could start? I don't see a prob.

Shaky at best? Dude it was out best draft in forever. A success by any definition. We got multiple starters out of that draft.

1 hour ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Started money to davis seems pretty good. Starter money to all players that could start? I don't see a prob.

Shaky at best? Dude it was out best draft in forever. A success by any definition. We got multiple starters out of that draft.

We got a WR who has been a let down his whole career and had his best season in a contract year. 

We have a horrible roster. We will likely get 4 wins or less next season.

Who are these multiple starters we got from the draft? Becton and a punter who was worse than our last punter that we could have just kept? Mims with his whopping 23 catches? Perine with his 3.6 average carry?  Maybe some of these guys develop into starters but all of them except becton didnt have good rookie seasons.

What happens if fields lights up his pro day? Also will everyone be as positive or will the couple throws here and there make you convinced Wilson is the better pick. Not talking to you [mention=10334]kdels62[/mention] or [mention=27611]Patriot Killa[/mention] lol. You guys and I have talked about this and have had reasoned discussion. I think he has really high bust potential not cause I hate him or I think he’s a twerp. I just don’t think what he did at BYU against lesser competition will play out in the NFL. I think fields will be a great player in the future and is getting the deshaun Watson criticisms that we look back at as crazy. Anyway carry on with hype train. Also I don’t think field’s pro day should make a difference for people. The evidence is on game film. 
I think a lot of the fields negative chatter is to purposely push him down to a team that wants him. The kid is going to be a baller in the NFL.

Sent from the Suicide Watch desk.

• Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, jetspenguin said:

I think a lot of the fields negative chatter is to purposely push him down to a team that wants him. The kid is going to be a baller in the NFL.

Sent from the Suicide Watch desk.

Hopefully Douglas is smarter than that. We’ll see in a few weeks though. Gives me pause if I’m able to out think a GM. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

We got a WR who has been a let down his whole career and had his best season in a contract year. 

We have a horrible roster. We will likely get 4 wins or less next season.

Who are these multiple starters we got from the draft? Becton and a punter who was worse than our last punter that we could have just kept? Mims with his whopping 23 catches? Perine with his 3.6 average carry?  Maybe some of these guys develop into starters but all of them except becton didnt have good rookie seasons.

So you're judging the draft class today? 

Fans are delusional, if you get 3 starters per draft class that would be considered excellent, and im not counting the punter.  

We likely have an elite LT, starting WR in Mims, starting safety in Davis and starting CB in Hall.  Did I like the morgan pick, no but again - you arent going to draft pro-bowlers in every round in every draft.  

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, johnnysd said:

So you think that Wilson has a weak arm, is inaccurate, not athletic, slow release, unintelligent, too small, hands too small and the only reason he had a good year is because he played crappy teams?

As a famous receiver used to say, child, please.

Look you can dislike Wilson. You can want Fields more. You can not want the Jets to take him. But you and others like Maury dismiss him like he is a 4th round talent, when literally no one in the NFL or insiders or analysts think he is anything other than a high first round talent.

Maybe I do need to calm down but when people just continuously spew hatred and conspiracy theories and frankly BS about this guy it bothers me. 

He may suck in the NFL it is a possibility but not sure how anyone can not see the obvious talent.

You didn’t answer my question and I never said anything like that about him, god you’re like a little girl defending his honor!

6 minutes ago, BCJet said:

So you're judging the draft class today? 

Fans are delusional, if you get 3 starters per draft class that would be considered excellent, and im not counting the punter.  

We likely have an elite LT, starting WR in Mims, starting safety in Davis and starting CB in Hall.  Did I like the morgan pick, no but again - you arent going to draft pro-bowlers in every round in every draft.  

Becton isnt elite, maybe he will be...but he needs to play every down and stop taking himself out of games. Mims didnt play last season. Davis was invisible. Lets let these guys earn it first.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, DetroitRed said:

Jets are selecting Wilson.  Get on board

Like the Browns were selecting Darnold, until reports came out 2 days before the draft. We simply don't know yet. All anyone is doing is speculating.

17 minutes ago, Jdub03 said:

Like the Browns were selecting Darnold, until reports came out 2 days before the draft. We simply don't know yet. All anyone is doing is speculating.

Ehh little different considering a guy named Trevor Lawrence is a lot bigger of a deal than Baker Mayfield was, could the Jags change their mind & pick Wilson? Sure, anything is possible, but imo, very much LESS possible with a “generational prospect” in this draft.

12 minutes ago, DetroitRed said:

I would bet good money.  Would you bet against it?

I would say it’s likely that the Jets will draft Wilson, but by no means definitive. With each passing day that Darnold is still on the roster you can’t help to think that it might be some lavish smokescreen to entice Carolina in giving up the farm to us. While I’m in the trade Sam camp, a massive haul is enticing and would accelerate the Jets rebuilding process.

39 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Ehh little different considering a guy named Trevor Lawrence is a lot bigger of a deal than Baker Mayfield was, could the Jags change their mind & pick Wilson? Sure, anything is possible, but imo, very much LESS possible with a “generational prospect” in this draft.

I would agree that it's more probable than not, but I just wanted to temper everyone's expectations, as we haven't heard anything from the Jets, and likely won't until the selection is made.  The media is speculating based in moves made, and league thinking. JD has done a good job keeping this stuff in house.

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, long time suffering Jets f said:

I would say it’s likely that the Jets will draft Wilson, but by no means definitive. With each passing day that Darnold is still on the roster you can’t help to think that it might be some lavish smokescreen to entice Carolina in giving up the farm to us. While I’m in the trade Sam camp, a massive haul is enticing and would accelerate the Jets rebuilding process.

Darnold is going to be part of the QB room.  I’ve said this for the jump. No QBs in FA

Rewatching Lawrence's pro day, any reason Wilson didn't throw from inside the 20 or the 5? All Zach's throws were from the middle of the field. 

Overall, Lawrence was slightly the more accurate of the two. Until he threw from inside the redzone, when he had some over-throws. Looked like Jordan Palmer had a word and cut that segment short. 

Lawrence looked like the didn't break a sweat. But Wilson threw a good 15 more throws and had more off play-action. Wonder if the Jets requested this? 

Anyway both lived up to the hype. Next up Fields on Tuesday. 

3 hours ago, Jdub03 said:

I would agree that it's more probable than not, but I just wanted to temper everyone's expectations, as we haven't heard anything from the Jets, and likely won't until the selection is made.  The media is speculating based in moves made, and league thinking. JD has done a good job keeping this stuff in house.

My personal odds?

Wilson - 50%.

Fields - 35%.

Trade down - 15% (I would like this, I just don’t think anyone is willing to give up what it would take to leapfrog SF).

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

My personal odds?

Wilson - 50%.

Fields - 35%.

Trade down - 15% (I would like this, I just don’t think anyone is willing to give up what it would take to leapfrog SF).

I'd be happy will all three of those options. The only option I'm not behind is staying at #2 and taking a position other than QB.

• Upvote 1