Zach Wilson Pro Day

14 minutes ago, Reprisalizer said:

Did you read the post?  It's not about ZW or Sam. I rather the multitude of picks and the blue chipper on offense than take the risk on a QB at #2.  Sam does not cost the #2 pick.  

Picks are always risky especially QB that’s not an excuse not to draft one.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, heymangold said:

what's with the hostility from Kurt?  he'd probably be all over the numbers on these guys when he'd be sitting up covering the Combine if there were one.

Zach's height/weight are almost identical to Kurt's.  I think Kurt may just be tired of the knob-slobbering that has followed this kid for the last two months.  To that extent, he's right.  It is about football.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, Mike135 said:

It's like watching a backyard game where the pass rushers must count to 10 Mississippi before rushing.

it seems to me to be about the average amount of time a QB would get on a roll out to the right side. He doesn’t spend hours back there in this clip to really show if the pocket is getting easy push on the pass rush or not. It’s a 9 second clip. Seems like a pretty standard throw on the run. 

agenda posts are corny, fella’s. let’s look at the film fairly. Has he probably had nice, clean pockets before? Sure. You can’t tell on a 9 second clip of a roll out though lol.

14 minutes ago, Reprisalizer said:

Did you read the post?  It's not about ZW or Sam. I rather the multitude of picks and the blue chipper on offense than take the risk on a QB at #2.  Sam does not cost the #2 pick.  

All Sam Costs is more money and with a rookie QB we can reset the Cap. Sam is not the Answer and with a less than stellar QB Draft next season in 22 i think we need to think more forward thinking . 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

it seems to me to be about the average amount of time a QB would get on a roll out to the right side. He doesn’t spend hours back there in this clip to really show if the pocket is getting easy push on the pass rush or not. It’s a 9 second clip. Seems like a pretty standard throw on the run. 

agenda posts are corny, fella’s. let’s look at the film fairly. Has he probably had nice, clean pockets before? Sure. You can’t tell on a 9 second clip of a roll out though lol.

Watch other videos.  It's glaringly obvious. 

2 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

He didn’t have torn labrums in both shoulders by age 21

I don't think you understand much about a torn labrum. Drew Brees had 11 anchors put into the labrum to reattach it to the bone.  That's a crazy amount. I had 2 put in for my surgery and it was fully torn.  Brees never had another injury to that shoulder again and played the following 13 years missing only 3 games. He was sacked 328 times post surgery and never once did he re-injure that shoulder. A labral re-attachment surgery is a routine procedure. And there has been every indication from interviews that Wilson did right after the surgery that it was a "minor procedure". It def wasn't fully torn if it had been bothering him since high school. You can't throw a ball with a fully torn labrum. His injury is way overblown.

11 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

No way who Alex Smith?  If we keep Darnold we need a viable backup that could be the heir apparent new starting QB Mullens,Minshew,Beathard. 

No more JAG's like Luke Falk or Rick Mirer. 

Mullens makes the most sense and it would be an upgrade over Darnold

9 minutes ago, Reprisalizer said:

Fine, who? 

Same question you asked me.  It really doesnt matter.  We dont have a sure thing at QB and Ill take the chance the Darnold turns it around with a different staff/more talent than pay Fitzpatrick(?) to wing it around for a season and then leave.  

Darnold holds an outside chance of value - even if he is mediocre, if he signed to another team next year that will work for us in compensatory picks.  

Modern NFL - QB market every year gets more and more interesting. Who knows what vet next year will be demanding a trade (& then be accused by 20+ people of sexual misconduct). Build a good team in the trenches and QBs will want to come to the NYJ.  

Mullens has proven to be a better QB and has played in this system for 3 years. He would be an instant upgrade and the prefect Bridge QB. 

1 minute ago, choon328 said:

I don't think you understand much about a torn labrum. Drew Brees had 11 anchors put into the labrum to reattach it to the bone.  That's a crazy amount. I had 2 put in for my surgery and it was fully torn.  Brees never had another injury to that shoulder again and played the following 13 years missing only 3 games. He was sacked 328 times post surgery and never once did he re-injure that shoulder. A labral re-attachment surgery is a routine procedure. And there has been every indication from interviews that Wilson did right after the surgery that it was a "minor procedure". It def wasn't fully torn if it had been bothering him since high school. You can't throw a ball with a fully torn labrum. His injury is way overblown.

Yup.  I am living proof. And an old man.  Its not a big deal

• Upvote 1

Just now, choon328 said:

Mullens has proven to be a better QB and has played in this system for 3 years. He would be an instant upgrade and the prefect Bridge QB. 

We should be signing Mullens no matter what as our backup.  Fine with me if you want him and Sam to compete.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I’ve watched entire games. 

almost all of them.

it’s no worse than Ohio State protecting Fields well.

As I openly admit, I don't watch college ball, but don't Ohio State n BYU play slightly different teams?