Uh oh ... some Jags fans are waking up ...

Dunnie

Wilson has been elevated no doubt about it but just as much people have come to their sense re Lawrence and who he really is.  A very good prospect, not some generational god.

If we want Wilson maybe we better send Defenceswinschampionships over to the jax boards to post long long tolstoy like love letter posts to Lawrence crammed with stats and images of trevor from when he was a child until this last epic game at clemson

• Haha 4

Lawrence has the highest floor.  He will consistantly be anywhere between the 6th to 12th best qb in the league.

Lawrence doesnt have the elite skill set to be a rodgers or mahomes.

Wilson has the tools to be a top 3 qb in this league.  He has elite arm talent like rodgers/mahomes.

But hes far from a sure thing and has the potential to be a bust.

So what do you want, the good, steady above average guaranteed qb

or

A chance for a top 3 elite player who could also fall on his face.

• Upvote 3

Pretty soon the Jags will realize: 

1.  Lawrence is a dude who tries to look like a girl with that hair.

2.  Wilson is a chick who tries to look like a dude.

They may decide to not draft one of the first trans QBs.  I mean it is the South after all.

They'll realize Sam is better than either of those two and trade the #1 for him straight up.

Jets will then draft TL.  Because he's good, and Wilson is a joke.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Dunnie said:

Quoted from their site ...

"

As a long time Jaguars fan I think we need to look at Wilson because he has an elite skill set. Don’t get me wrong I was completely on the Lawrence bandwagon after we secured #1 but after watching every throw/run of both Lawrence/Wilson/Fields I came away with Wilson being the best prospect and natural thrower of the football. His lightning fast release and accuracy both in and outside of the pocket is elite. Something that bothered me on Lawrence after watching Wilson and Fields first was his release. It’s very long and that gives corners that extra half second to adjust. Fields was far behind both prospects but after watching them I came away with Wilson being the best QB. I’m sure that Meyer will take Lawrence but I’m not sure it’s the right mov. If I’m Meyer I’m taking Wilson"

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using JetNation.com mobile app

Not sure it matters what the Jags fans think.

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

They may decide to not draft one of the first trans QBs.  I mean it is the South after all.

They'll realize Sam is better than either of those two and trade the #1 for him straight up.

Have you watched them play or just their hair?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, prime21 said:

Although the Jags will have people at Wilson's pro day, Urban Meyers will not be there.  This is his silent statement to anyone who thinks Wilson could be going #1.  

There's so much BS and misdirection this pre draft time of year I wouldn't read anything into anything. 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, K_O_Brien said:

The Jags don't need to worry about leverage. If they are sending playbooks and having calls with Wilson, their interest is genuine. 

If Wilson lights it up today, and we hear of lots of interaction between Meyer and Wilson, the Zach to the Jags chatter will increase.

Now the probability of the Jaguars actually taking Zach may only go from a hypothetical 5% to 20%. But that in itself may be enough for Douglas to rule out any potential trade down until we are on the clock. 

Imagine being the GM who traded down to take a tight end, when he could have had Trevor Lawrence. 

It would take a gutsy move.  Virtually any GM or Coach trying to keep his job is more likely to go with the safe, consensus move and draft Lawrence.

3 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

Why would the Jags need to get involved in misdirection hijinks? They can pick whoever they want.

The jags are becoming the jets south as far as dysfunction.  They hired Brian Schottenheimer and their owner is obsessed with moving to London

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Mike135 said:

maths GIF

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Dunnie said:

Quoted from their site ...

"

As a long time Jaguars fan I think we need to look at Wilson because he has an elite skill set. Don’t get me wrong I was completely on the Lawrence bandwagon after we secured #1 but after watching every throw/run of both Lawrence/Wilson/Fields I came away with Wilson being the best prospect and natural thrower of the football. His lightning fast release and accuracy both in and outside of the pocket is elite. Something that bothered me on Lawrence after watching Wilson and Fields first was his release. It’s very long and that gives corners that extra half second to adjust. Fields was far behind both prospects but after watching them I came away with Wilson being the best QB. I’m sure that Meyer will take Lawrence but I’m not sure it’s the right mov. If I’m Meyer I’m taking Wilson"

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using JetNation.com mobile app

JD...

Is that you?...

Taking Wilson before Lawrence would be a monumental gamble.  I cant imagine a team with a first year HC going in that direction.   With Lawrence, you have a high floor.  Little if no chance of him being a bust. 

If I was a GM and needed a QB, my board would have two first round QB's.  Lawrence and Mac Jones.  

Wilson, Fields and Lance would not even be on my draft board. 

• WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

I don't want to get my hopes up. 

But if Jax gambled, fell in love with Zach Wilson and selected him #1 overall?

I'll explode. Out of celebration. I'll change my username to OffenseWinsChampionships. 

Trevor Lawrence? An N.Y Jet? 

I'm sorry but I'm taking Trevor Lawrence over Zach Wilson every single time. 

Unfortunately, Jax isn't passing on Trevor Lawrence because if he lives up to everything? Jax will never forgive themselves. 

I'm anxious to watch Wilson and Fields pro days. Can't wait. I'm all for keeping Sam but I'm open to QB @#2 as well. I hope both Zach and Fields look amazing because damn did Trevor look A+ awesome. 

In JD I gotta trust.

But I know it won't be Lawrence. 

Can't get my hopes up. I'm not falling for it; we missed out on TL the moment A.): Gase put his all into 2-14 lol and B.) Jax started resting their good players (immediately afterwards) once Gase won his first game. 

C.) They didn't play Napoleon Dynamite Mike Glennon for nothing. 

This post was just from a Jax fan thinking outside the box. I do it all the time;

but there is 0% chance his Front office, Owner, GM and Urban Meyer will ALL AGREE to pass on Trevor, for Zach. Nope. Not happening. 

Urban Meyer would draft Fields over Lawrence before Wilson over Lawrence (my guess) but my guarantee is Lawrence doesn't get drafted outside of #1 overall. 

12 hours ago, long time suffering Jets f said:

My first preference after we lost out on TL is Fields, but I have to admit Wilson is starting to grow on me. Maybe I’m just buying into all of the hype I don’t know, but this kid has got some moxie along with a strong and accurate arm. Whichever QB the Jets take Wilson/Fields I’ll rally around, but if they stick with Sam I’ll be pissed off.

It's not about the hype. He's the consensus #2 because he has an elite skill set. I like Fields too, but I think Wilson will be better in this system and has a good chance to be better than Lawrence. The ball just flies out of his hand - and with accuracy. 

• Sympathy 1