What Jets should do in 2021

It’s a 50/50 chance that Zach Wilson would become a good QB, so Jets should do that:

1- Trade back to Carolina: add 8th, 39th and 73rd in 2021 and a 1st and 2nd round next year.

2- 8th overall: Plan A: Swell ( he’s falling in mock draft) | Plan B: Slater| Plan C : Pitts

3- 23rd: Plan A: Vera Tucker| Plan B: Horn| Plan C : Humphrey

4- 34nd: Plan A: Ettiene | Plan B: Wyatt Davis | Plan C : Asante Samuel JR

5- 39th: Plan A: Asante Samuel JR | Plan B: Pat Freiermuth | Plan C : Erik Strokes

If that happening, Jets fill all the holes we have, stick with Sam, if he plays well, fine! If not we have 3 first round and 2 second and that is enough to trade for QB possible available next year: Russel Wilson, Rodgers, Watson, Matt Ryan, Derek Carr with a great roster.

What you think?

Go Jets!

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Great first post. Welcome to the board. Put me down for any choice that means Darnold doesn’t take a single snap next year for the Jets. 

Plan D :

we dont feed the crusher for 1 week and then I leash a very hangry crusher onto Darnold....

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Jethead said:

Jets need to leak possible interest in Joe Fields to increase the uncertainty of their draft plans and prevent QB hungry teams from targeting Miami for their trade up. Pick #2 needs to be the destination of choice!

Hah!  It took me weeks to stop saying Joe Fields LOL.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Henrique said:

I don’t believe in Darnold, but let’s try! If he plays well, perfect, if not we have draft capital to propose a trade to Wilson, Watson or Rodgers with a great roster, that’s my point 

No Hank, let’s not try. Let’s do anything but that! 

2 hours ago, Henrique said:

It’s a 50/50 chance that Zach Wilson would become a good QB, so Jets should do that:

1- Trade back to Carolina: add 8th, 39th and 73rd in 2021 and a 1st and 2nd round next year.

2- 8th overall: Plan A: Swell ( he’s falling in mock draft) | Plan B: Slater| Plan C : Pitts

5- 39th: Plan A: Asante Samuel JR | Plan B: Pat Freiermuth | Plan C : Erik Strokes

If that happening, Jets fill all the holes we have, stick with Sam, if he plays well, fine! If not we have 3 first round and 2 second and that is enough to trade for QB possible available next year: Russel Wilson, Rodgers, Watson, Matt Ryan, Derek Carr with a great roster.

What you think?

Go Jets!

Certainly an option.  I think the Jets will know exactly what the want to do and what their options are after today.

1 hour ago, Henrique said:

Why on Earth would Carolina give us that much for a QB you say is barely 50/50 at best?

Can we at least try and pretend that the Jets aren't in possession of some super secret intel on these players other teams don't have?

You can't have it both ways, you can't presume Wilson isn't good enough for the QB black hole that is the Jets, but that he's so good, so sure a thing, that a less bad team at QB will throw all their top picks AND next year's top picks, in order to get him.

Seriously, lol.  Some objectivity and logic goes a looooong way.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Why on Earth would Carolina give us that much for a QB you say is barely 50/50 at best?

Can we at least try and pretend that the Jets aren't in possession of some super secret intel on these players other teams don't have?

You can't have it both ways, you can't presume Wilson isn't good enough for the QB black hole that is the Jets, but that he's so good, so sure a thing, that a less bad team at QB will throw all their top picks AND next year's top picks, in order to get him.

Even if it’s the 8th and 39th this year and 1st next year, it’s less than Browns receive in Wentz draft, I’m ok with that because we will have the draft ammo to trade for Watson, Rodgers or Russell Wilson next year if Darnold not plays well

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

1 minute ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Back when you can find good value in the 14th round. I have to imagine you are throwing darts at that point to pick players. 

but think about it, since the 2006 draft, outside of Becton, Mangold and Brick, did any OL stick here?

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I’d argue 50/50 is VERY generous towards a positive outcome for a quarterback prospect drafted in the top three lately.

• Post of the Week 1

What you think?

Go Jets!

What makes you think any of those QB's will be available for trade?

What you think?

Go Jets!

GREAT FIRST POST!

I think you deserve a reward for this.

Can I introduce to.....Tom Shane.

image.png.359d97b1a453644be65d4320623e0f69.png

• Haha 2