Dolphins Trade #3 pick

King P

What the 49ers offered was in between the value of the second and third picks. It's a great offer for Miami and not quite enough for the Jets. Would've been comparable if they offered that package plus their second this year to the Jets.

1 minute ago, Samtorobby47 said:

Really don’t think this locks us in to Wilson.  
You still have Carolina who’s desperate for a QB. Atlanta isn’t gonna trade with them. 

You seriously don't think the 49ers didn't try to make the same deal with the Jets to get the #2 pick instead of the #3 pick?

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Jet Life said:

San Fran would rather give up a haul for Wilson or Fields than toss a 2 for Sam. Don’t blame them 

Or Sam is not available and we have been blowing smoke all along.  Which is likely if you look at our roster.  Picking Wilson and trading Sam would leave the Jets with a rookie, a first year QB and a veteran from the current pile of leftovers.  The Jets would be forced to throw Wilson directly into the game which makes no sense whatsoever.  We did that to Sam.

• WTF? 1

14 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

If the Jets actually sit at 2 and don’t draft a QB then...well I don’t know. But that would be bad.

Yeah, it's pretty much QB or fold the franchise at this point.

Miami either sticking with Tua or loading up for a QB trade.

• Upvote 2

Just now, C Mart said:

Gil Brandt @Gil_Brandt

Justin Fields is all over the place in terms of where teams have placed him on their boards. Highest I've heard is top 5, lowest: Round 4. My guess is 49ers aren't moving up for him, but instead Trey Lance.

Round 4?

Are you f*cking kidding me?

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I’d have to imagine San Francisco made that offer to us.

Pretty much says that we’re going QB at 2, IMO.

Does it though... 

*NY Jets hold out potentially trading Sam waiting for Prodays to cement their decision*

"NY Jets suddenly decide 5 mins before proday starts to change their mind and commit to Wilson"

I don't buy it.

I buy that they don't want to move back that far or they're not ready to make a move yet.... the ONLY thing i know about JD is he's not going to let pressure make decision for him. Stay the course

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Yeah, that deal was obviously on the table for the Jets and they turned it down.

No way they stay at 2 and don't take a QB.  Would be insane.

But did the price for Carolina just go up to move to #2 ahead of SF?

If Joe could get a similar deal from Carolina but now only moves down to #8 instead of #12 then that's muy bueno!

Also, Atlanta looking like they'll get the first player in the entire Draft who isn't a QB if that's what they want.

• Upvote 3

25 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I’d have to imagine San Francisco made that offer to us.

Pretty much says that we’re going QB at 2, IMO.

Or we told them we weren't ready to decide yet and SF is comfortable with 3 of the 4 QBs (like we were when we moved from 6 to 3 and drafted Darnold)

• Upvote 2

Just now, Adoni Beast said:

Yes but that exact deal to us would have given SF their pick of the litter.

If Douglas wasn’t taking a QB at 2, he definitely takes that deal. Thats MASSIVE.

Still possible Carolina or Atlanta willing to trade up.  At least SF set the market.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Jet Life said:

San Fran would rather give up a haul for Wilson or Fields than toss a 2 for Sam. Don’t blame them 

or even a 1 for Sam.

so SF is telling us that every QB in this draft is better than Sam. even though we keep hearing how perfect Sam is for their system. 

how does JD trade the 2nd pick now even if he gets this type of hall. cause that means ANOTHER team thinks these QBs are better than some despite all the BS we been hearing. 

the pressure just went up to draft Wilson. 

• Post of the Week 2

3 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

You seriously don't think the 49ers didn't try to make the same deal with the Jets to get the #2 pick instead of the #3 pick?

They could have. I said maybe they didn’t wanna drop to 12. And there’s still CAROLINA they could make an offer. We don’t know. 

I like how we all wanna trade down now lol. 

8 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:
Dolphins now have basically turned their former LT Laremy Tunsil who they traded to Houston into four first-round picks and a third-round pick.

And at #12 the Dolphins probably get an OLineman like Rashawn Slater or Alijah Vera-Tucker.

Tunsil for one of those guys, 3 more 1sts and a 3rd.  Sickening! lol

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Welp said:

If anything this makes the #2 pick even more valuable. The only reason SF traded up was to get a QB so that makes whatever team wanting to draft Wilson have to pay that much more since they have to trade for #2.

This!!!  If ATL & CAR want QB's they're going to have to talk to Douglas to jump SF

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, Grandy said:

Round 4?

Are you f*cking kidding me?

It's one team...Who knows.

I do know Gil is the best at draft scuttlebutt. He puts together the players invited to the draft. To do so, he contacts all the teams to get a feel for their plans.  He knew (at least a week b4 the draft, if not more) 1 team in the top 10 was taking OT McGlinchey a few yrs ago. He's writes it down and gives it to Pat Kirwan

9 minutes ago, football guy said:

Bite your tongue. Go do your research and look up how many times I've said the Jets are unwilling to trade outside of the top 10. They made the same offer to the Jets, Jets weren't into it. 

Agree with you here.

I suspect 12 was too far.  We need an impact player at the top of the draft.  They're gone by 12.

• Upvote 4

Just now, football guy said:

This removes the 49ers from acquiring Darnold, but the plan they've had was either to acquire Darnold and let him sit behind Garoppolo or trade up for a QB and let him sit behind Garoppolo. 

But what this does do for the Jets is force a market for the #2 pick. Atlanta has been talking about moving out of that spot, so it looks like it's a 1-2-3 at QB. You want Wilson? Need to go through the Jets. 

As far as where Darnold's suitors are? Denver, Minnesota, Washington, Pittsburgh, and don't rule out Minnesota/Seattle. 

Rule out Minnesota and Seattle 

Only realistic scenario left is we send Sam and a pick to the Texans for watson