Dolphins Trade #3 pick

3 minutes ago, Jetsbb said:

This trade destroys what @football guyhas been claiming. He has said if the Jets could get a blockbuster deal for the #2 pick that's what they would do. SF obviously tried to do that deal with the Jets before talking to the Dolphins. This guarantees Jets pick Zack Wilson.

And it lets you know what teams feel about Sam. Shanahan just chose to mortgage their next few years first rounders for Fields when they could have had Sam for a 2. Sam is toast and Wilson will be a Jet 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1
  • Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This trade destroys what @football guyhas been claiming. He has said if the Jets could get a blockbuster deal for the #2 pick that's what they would do. SF obviously tried to do that deal with the Jet

Bite your tongue. Go do your research and look up how many times I've said the Jets are unwilling to trade outside of the top 10. They made the same offer to the Jets, Jets weren't into it. 

I’d have to imagine San Francisco made that offer to us. Pretty much says that we’re going QB at 2, IMO.

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

If the Jets actually sit at 2 and don’t draft a QB then...well I don’t know. But that would be bad.

Yeah, that deal was obviously on the table for the Jets and they turned it down.

No way they stay at 2 and don't take a QB.  Would be insane.

• Upvote 2
7 minutes ago, Jet Life said:

San Fran would rather give up a haul for Wilson or Fields than toss a 2 for Sam. Don’t blame them 

This is exactly right.  

That's the point and it's also why the Jets are taking a QB.

We just saw what it took to get up to the the 3rd best QB prospect.  

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

I see this differently. San Fran set an insane price for the third pick. They are betting in themselves to be good. Carolina would have to give up MORE, and their first round picks are potentially more valuable. 

this trade make Miami viable for trading up for a QB in two years if tua sucks. 

5 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I’d have to imagine San Francisco made that offer to us.

Pretty much says that we’re going QB at 2, IMO.

I was just going to post the same thing. If JD had intentions of grabbing a haul for the #2 pick, there is no way he turns away an offer like that. (I assume the offer would have been greater for the #2 pick, incredible as it seems).

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

This is exactly right.  

That's the point and it's also why the Jets are taking a QB.

We just saw what it took to get up to the the 3rd best QB prospect.  

Yeah, this basically confirms the Jets are going QB. Probably a 100% chance they made the same offer to us and we declined it. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
3 minutes ago, chrisfaceoff said:

It’s sad that so many people really want to just cut that guy down. 

geez. 

i think he's a great poster.  But - it seems like he was wrong (SEEMS like, everything isn't done).  They could have gotten the same - and probably instead of a third this year a second.

it's not cutting him down.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, football guy said:

Bite your tongue. Go do your research and look up how many times I've said the Jets are unwilling to trade outside of the top 10. They made the same offer to the Jets, Jets weren't into it. 

Oh Come on!!!! The Jets wouldn't turn down that deal if they were trading down. Take the L and admit you have bad sources.

• Like 1

On the trade card the move from #3 to #12 is worth 1000 points.  Next year's first round pick is worth 420 points, the 2022 first round pick is worth 190 points and that third rounder this season is worth around 120 points.  So the 49ers got the better of the trade by trading 1000 points for roughly 730 points.  A deficit of 270 points which is equal to the last pick of the second round. 

While the trade favors the 49ers, I like the deal for the Fins since I discern no difference between the #3 pick and the #12 pick.  If you look at the board, there are roughly a dozen worthy players after Lawrence and Sewell are off the board. 

Boy, would I love to trade with Atlanta.  We would end up with Sewell and some high picks. 

• Upvote 4

Theres absolutely 0 chance the 49ers didn’t offer this to the Jets and have their pick of QB’s.

Joe Douglas would have taken this deal if he wasn’t all in on Wilson.

The conspiracy theories and wondering are over.

Wilson is our draft pick folks.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Like 1

I'd have to imagine the 49'ers first approached the Jets at the No2 spot with the same offer and were turned down before dealing with the Dolphins.

That is some talent injection to the Dolphins over the next several years.

7 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Correct 

I also think you are correct SF didn't want to pay the price JD wanted for Sam Darnold. 

Who's left to trade him to The Washington Football Team. 

Denver