Dolphins Trade #3 pick

9 minutes ago, football guy said:

Bite your tongue. Go do your research and look up how many times I've said the Jets are unwilling to trade outside of the top 10. They made the same offer to the Jets, Jets weren't into it. 

I don't know you, but have followed your posts, and was about to post that you've consistently said they don't want to go out of the top 10.  This has to strengthen their options.  I think it probably means they are taking a qb.  But there are qb desperate teams out there, and I suspect the price for 2 just went up for Atlanta, Detroit, and Carolina.  And would not rule out another trade from 3 to 2.

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This trade destroys what @football guyhas been claiming. He has said if the Jets could get a blockbuster deal for the #2 pick that's what they would do. SF obviously tried to do that deal with the Jet

Bite your tongue. Go do your research and look up how many times I've said the Jets are unwilling to trade outside of the top 10. They made the same offer to the Jets, Jets weren't into it. 

I’d have to imagine San Francisco made that offer to us. Pretty much says that we’re going QB at 2, IMO.

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, Paradis said:

On one his hand this is lost leverage being that one of the more likely candidates is no longer in the game to trade up -- but it does strengthen our position as the best place to trade up if you want a choice in your QB. 

Or maybe the Jets are taking Wilson and you haven’t accepted reality yet 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, football guy said:

This removes the 49ers from acquiring Darnold, but the plan they've had was either to acquire Darnold and let him sit behind Garoppolo or trade up for a QB and let him sit behind Garoppolo. 

But what this does do for the Jets is force a market for the #2 pick. Atlanta has been talking about moving out of that spot, so it looks like it's a 1-2-3 at QB. You want Wilson? Need to go through the Jets. 

As far as where Darnold's suitors are? Carolina, Denver, Minnesota, Washington, Pittsburgh, and don't rule out Minnesota/Seattle. 

I'll take a bow now you jackals. 

1 minute ago, Adoni Beast said:

Possible yes? Possible to not only meet but offer more than that? No.

I have to admit, that is a ton to give up in terms of the "value" chart.  But they always say, it cost extra when a QB is on the line.

• Upvote 1

Sweet deal for the stinking Phish.  They have all the picks for the next couple of years.

I'd have been very tempted to take that deal (or an even better version) for the #2.

• Upvote 2
2 minutes ago, CTJetsFan said:

Or we told them we weren't ready decide yet and SF is comfortable with 3 of the 4 QBs (like we were when we moved from 6 to 3 and drafted Darnold)

4 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Does it though... 

*NY Jets hold out potentially trading Sam waiting for Prodays to cement their decision*

"NY Jets suddenly decide 5 mins before proday starts to change their mind and commit to Wilson"

I don't buy it.

I buy that they don't want to move back that far or they're not ready to make a move yet.... the ONLY thing i know about JD is he's not going to let pressure make decision for him. Stay the course

All very true.

• Upvote 1
Just now, rayzor said:

I have to admit, that is a ton to give up in terms of the "value" chart.  But they always say, it cost extra when a QB is on the line.

San Fran can afford to make that move.

Their roster is set.

Teams like Atlanta and Carolina need all the picks they can get for a rebuild, or you offer it for Watson.

• Upvote 1
11 minutes ago, Welp said:

If anything this makes the #2 pick even more valuable. The only reason SF traded up was to get a QB so that makes whatever team wanting to draft Wilson have to pay that much more since they have to trade for #2.

Bingo. This greatly increases the value of the #2 pick. Then again, it doesn't matter if we are committed to Wilson. 

Meanwhile, the Dolphins are clearly sticking with Tua one more year. 

• Upvote 2

the jets roster is a trainwreck-one has to assume they were offered that deal and said no which is a big mistake-Joe should have done that deal in a heartbeat. Load up on talent all over the freaking place-jets are going to suck this year anyways-get your qb next year and roll with sam this year.

Just now, Jet Life said:

Or maybe the Jets are taking Wilson and you haven’t accepted reality yet 

or maybe you should read more and take the rose colored lenses off. Nothing's been decided yet. We've always been unlikely to trade outside the top 10, and we are now the ONLY act in town on the trade up show

• Upvote 3
12 minutes ago, chrisfaceoff said:

It’s sad that so many people really want to just cut that guy down. 

geez. 

The tribe of Zack Wilson is attacking anyone who does not kowtow to their beliefs (many in the Zack Wilson tribe wanted Mr. Massage parlor until he imploded).

As for me, I am grateful for football guys analysis and have enjoyed reading his posts. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

Frisco is going to get destroyed for this after the draft imo. 

Lance is a big gamble, Fields value all over the place, mac Jones not an elite athlete.

Will be Lance is my guess.

12 minutes ago, RogerVick1980 said:

it’s crazy for all the pro Sam guys here who claim the league is in love i with  him it seems nobody f’in wants the guy.

I mean, there is the option that the Jets are also in love with him.

That's a stupid option, but it is possible.

7 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

But did the price for Carolina just go up to move to #2 ahead of SF?

If Joe could get a similar deal from Carolina but now only moves down to #8 instead of #12 then that's muy bueno!

Also, Atlanta looking like they'll get the first player in the entire Draft who isn't a QB if that's what they want.

Depends how they feel about Lance and Fields.  They could trade with Atlanta if they were comfortable with either of them, assuming the Jets take Wilson.  If they absolutely love Wilson above everyone they will pay up, but I doubt they will. Atlanta has “control” of this draft now.  QBs will go 1,2,3

• Post of the Week 1
2 minutes ago, rayzor said:

Either way I’ll be happy to know we are drafting Wilson or (even though less likely) that we’ll be getting a haul bigger than this.

14 minutes ago, football guy said:

Jets were unwilling to trade out of the top 10 picks

Make sense, they want to make sure that they have a chance to draft a truly key impact player which dramatically drops the further down in the draft they go! 

• Upvote 1
23 minutes ago, Jet Life said:

San Fran would rather give up a haul for Wilson or Fields than toss a 2 for Sam. Don’t blame them 

No one wants Sweet Sammy

• Sad 1
9 minutes ago, Cbucco19 said:

They know what Jets are doing @football guyits Wilson 

SF may continue trying to move up to #2, but I know for sure the Jets have been unwilling to move out of the top 10. The drop off in talent in this class is more than the Jets are willing to accept, and as it is they want to try to get back into the top 10 if they stick at #2. 

This feels like NYJ in 2018. SF is comfortable with 3 QBs: Lawrence, Wilson, and either Trey Lance or Mac Jones. I don't think they make this trade without confirming an evaluation on Fields unless they already had an idea they feel someone they've already confirmed will be worthy of the #3 pick. 

As far as the Jets: I know they're not done with the evaluation. I certainly feel the shift being that people in the building pretty much say it's Carolina-or-bust, coupled with how I feel about their WR adds/stylistic comparisons to Wilson's game, AND Carolina exec saying that they're more focused on other players... we'll see. If Carolina offers that same package but from #8 to #2 I think the Jets will perk up

• Upvote 1

joe wants to build  through the draft well he passed on a major chance to do so-that deal the dolphins got is insane and with the picks we have already joe could have done some real damage

Instead he will pick wilson who is being set up to fail with a bad line no real running backs , no tight ends and good but not great wrs

18 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Great move, makes a ton of sense. People were talking about a Watson trade and the Dolphins taking a QB. That made no sense with them having Tua. People had Chase going to Miami at 3. Thats crazy early for a WR. I dunno. There's really no player that made sense for them other than Sewell at #3 and they clearly felt he was not worth the haul they got to move down. This moves sets them up really nicely for the next few drafts. 

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Frisco is going to get destroyed for this after the draft imo. 

Lance is a big gamble, Fields value all over the place, mac Jones not an elite athlete.

Will be Lance is my guess.

How is lance a gamble but Wilson a sure thing?

• Upvote 2
1 minute ago, football guy said:

SF may continue trying to move up to #2, but I know for sure the Jets have been unwilling to move out of the top 10. The drop off in talent in this class is more than the Jets are willing to accept, and as it is they want to try to get back into the top 10 if they stick at #2. 

This feels like NYJ in 2018. SF is comfortable with 3 QBs: Lawrence, Wilson, and either Trey Lance or Mac Jones. I don't think they make this trade without confirming an evaluation on Fields unless they already had an idea they feel someone they've already confirmed will be worthy of the #3 pick. 

As far as the Jets: I know they're not done with the evaluation. I certainly feel the shift being that people in the building pretty much say it's Carolina-or-bust, coupled with how I feel about their WR adds/stylistic comparisons to Wilson's game, AND Carolina exec saying that they're more focused on other players... we'll see. If Carolina offers that same package but from #8 to #2 I think the Jets will perk up

I can’t imagine the Niners moved up that high for Mac Jones 

Not even saying he’s not worth it but it seems like you wouldn’t have to trade up all the way to 3 to get him.

• Upvote 1
17 minutes ago, Paradis said:

pff - i'll never get to be that happy

I mean, the only thing we can hope for is that all the leaks and links to Zach are fodder for media. There is something to be said for that, given that JD has been very good about keeping things wrapped up. 

If we take Wilson while Fields sits there in the green room, I'm going to be beside myself. 

• Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, clayton163v said:

The tribe of Zack Wilson is attacking anyone who does not kowtow to their beliefs (many in the Zack Wilson tribe wanted Mr. Massage parlor until he imploded).

As for me, I am grateful for football guys analysis and have enjoyed reading his posts. 

The Zack Wilson tribe will move on to Sam Howell after Wilson makes his first IR trip

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, fullblast said:

Dolphins are apparently trading back UP to #6 now. Wow.

damn their gm is a genius ....

true ******* genius

5 minutes ago, kmnj said:

joe wants to build  through the draft well he passed on a major chance to do so-that deal the dolphins got is insane and with the picks we have already joe could have done some real damage

Instead he will pick wilson who is being set up to fail with a bad line no real running backs , no tight ends and good but not great wrs

It’s a shame Wilson will be stuck with this exact roster because we have no way to improve the team at all for the next decade (sarcasm)

• Haha 1