Dolphins Trade #3 pick

King P

16 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

And at #12 the Dolphins probably get an OLineman like Rashawn Slater or Alijah Vera-Tucker.

Tunsil for one of those guys, 3 more 1sts and a 3rd.  Sickening! lol

Unlikely.  The Fins took three offensive lineman last year.  Jackson - 1st, Hunt - 2d, and Kindley - 4th.  All start and Kindley was a monster. 

16 minutes ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

I think this makes our situation infinitely more interesting. 

in one school of thought, jets are really into Zach and will be taking him so they were unwilling to trade back, even more so because it was outside of their comfort zone to get guys like pitts. 

on the other hand, this makes the 2nd pick a lotttt more valuable.  Anyone not trading up to 2 knows the top 3 qbs are gone.  

Depends each teams 3 top QBs are...Similar to Mcc trading from #6 to #3.

12 minutes ago, football guy said:

SF may continue trying to move up to #2, but I know for sure the Jets have been unwilling to move out of the top 10. The drop off in talent in this class is more than the Jets are willing to accept, and as it is they want to try to get back into the top 10 if they stick at #2. 

This feels like NYJ in 2018. SF is comfortable with 3 QBs: Lawrence, Wilson, and either Trey Lance or Mac Jones. I don't think they make this trade without confirming an evaluation on Fields unless they already had an idea they feel someone they've already confirmed will be worthy of the #3 pick. 

As far as the Jets: I know they're not done with the evaluation. I certainly feel the shift being that people in the building pretty much say it's Carolina-or-bust, coupled with how I feel about their WR adds/stylistic comparisons to Wilson's game, AND Carolina exec saying that they're more focused on other players... we'll see. If Carolina offers that same package but from #8 to #2 I think the Jets will perk up

Zach is going to Jets !!  Baldy told me it’s a done deal pending physical . ??‍♂️

29 minutes ago, Grandy said:

Jeremiah said the trade is for Lance, I agree. He's the high ceiling guy that the 49ers can take a chance on. Also he's already had his pro day.

That would make sense.  While all reports suggest the Jets are heavily leaning towards taking Wilson if they stick at 2, the 49ers couldn't make this trade up to 3 for Fields, because we could easily go against the reports/rumors and take Fields OR trade down to a team that wants him.  They'd have to move up to 2 to ensure they get Fields.  A move up to 3 certainly must assure them they get Lance if he's their guy.  

28 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Gil Brandt @Gil_Brandt

Justin Fields is all over the place in terms of where teams have placed him on their boards. Highest I've heard is top 5, lowest: Round 4. My guess is 49ers aren't moving up for him, but instead Trey Lance.

27 minutes ago, Grandy said:

Round 4?

Are you f*cking kidding me?

Source:  @Irish Jet

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

That would make sense.  While all reports suggest the Jets are heavily leaning towards taking Wilson if they stick at 2, the 49ers couldn't make this trade up to 3 for Fields, because we could easily go against the reports/rumors and take Fields OR trade down to a team that wants him.  They'd have to move up to 2 to ensure they get Fields.  A move up to 3 certainly must assure them they get Lance if he's their guy.  

The more interesting question is, where does darnold land, now that SF is probably out. Denver?  Pittsburgh?

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

But did the price for Carolina just go up to move to #2 ahead of SF?

If Joe could get a similar deal from Carolina but now only moves down to #8 instead of #12 then that's muy bueno!

Also, Atlanta looking like they'll get the first player in the entire Draft who isn't a QB if that's what they want.

I think a move up from 8 to 2 is similar to a move up from 12 to 3 based on the ability to get any QB you want other than Lawrence.  

So, yes, either the value of the trade is unchanged OR improved after today's news.  It didn't reduce in value, that's for sure.  If you want Wilson or Fields, you have to come to Joe Douglas.  

Simultaneously, it appears the teams picking 4-6 are in outstanding shape, whether they need a QB or not.  If its indeed true that the 49ers are targeting Lance (which would make sense given that they moved to 3 rather than 2), one of Wilson or Fields will fall to 4, and those picking 5/6 may well get the top 2 non-QB's on their board.  

• Upvote 3

24 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Depends how they feel about Lance and Fields.  They could trade with Atlanta if they were comfortable with either of them, assuming the Jets take Wilson.  If they absolutely love Wilson above everyone they will pay up, but I doubt they will. Atlanta has “control” of this draft now.  QBs will go 1,2,3

I'm not sure I'd say they have control.  Control still sits at the top, or at least at #2 with the Jets.  If you're suggesting that teams think this is a four quarterback Draft and see little difference between Fields and Lance, then perhaps you're right.  But if you're going to make a power move up the board like SF just did you truly have to be comfortable getting your 3rd choice.  Perhaps it's Lance, I don't know.

This is all very intriguing.  SF just followed the Maccagnan St. Patrick's Day trade blueprint..... now they just pray that Jacksonville and/or the Jets do something stupid in front of them.  Rumors were that the Jets had Darnold and Mayfield as 1A and 1B, with one of the Josh's third and thought that even getting their third choice was worth the trade up.   Then the Giants went QB enabling the Jets to get one of their 1x choices.  Obviously, SF feels similar here.  It's at least a 3 QB draft in their opinion.  If the 4th guy is worth a lot to Carolina then perhaps they move up to Atlanta's spot?

6 minutes ago, slats said:

They essentially traded from #3 to #6 for a comp third round pick this year and a 2023 first rounder. Not exactly smelling genius here. They probably want a WR Tua's familiar with. 

Bingo! If the Jets got that return for moving from #3 to #6 this message board would implode. 

4 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

The more interesting question is, where does darnold land, now that SF is probably out. Denver?  Pittsburgh?

More directly, it might mean that Belichick gets Garappolo. 

13 minutes ago, clayton163v said:

Unlikely.  The Fins took three offensive lineman last year.  Jackson - 1st, Hunt - 2d, and Kindley - 4th.  All start and Kindley was a monster. 

Then it's gotta be a weapon right?  At #6 if you assume at least 3 quarterbacks are taken, possibly 4 or even 5, then Miami is getting one of the top 2 or 3 non-QB players in this Draft.  A Pitts, Chase, Waddle, etc.

29 minutes ago, Paradis said:

yet not one is cussing out the Dolphins for kicking the QB to future years.. and don't tell me it's cause of Tua - the majority of you have written him off ... 

# 3 was not the same as # 2.  And while Tua probably sucks, at least he's somebody you MIGHT be able to see grow.  We know what Darnold is.  

Even so, while that was a massive package of picks from SF, if I'm Miami I still would have stayed put and taken Fields.  

1 minute ago, slats said:

More directly, it might mean that Belichick gets Garappolo. 

Our division will have Allen on a stacked team, Garropolo, and Tua throwing to Kyle Pitts

but hey, Zach Wilson looks good throwing in shorts and a tshirt

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I think a move up from 8 to 2 is similar to a move up from 12 to 3 based on the ability to get any QB you want other than Lawrence.  

So, yes, either the value of the trade is unchanged OR improved after today's news.  It didn't reduce in value, that's for sure.  If you want Wilson or Fields, you have to come to Joe Douglas.  

Simultaneously, it appears the teams picking 4-6 are in outstanding shape, whether they need a QB or not.  If its indeed true that the 49ers are targeting Lance (which would make sense given that they moved to 3 rather than 2), one of Wilson or Fields will fall to 4, and those picking 5/6 may well get the top 2 non-QB's on their board.  

Yup.  Just said something similar.  Miami's move up to #6 looks great for an elite non-QB.  They will get Pitts or one of Tua's Alabama WR buddies in Devonta Smith or Jaylen Waddle.  It's a pretty good move for Miami who is obviously married to Tua at this point.

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, Icer said:

No one wants Sweet Sammy

A few did and still do.  But they can't just sit there waiting for months for the Jets to decide what to do.  They have to get their QB rooms full and/or start getting ready to draft one.  I think we should have moved Darnold early in the offseason.  It's not too late, but it's getting there.  His value is not going to improve and can only drop between now and draft day.