Dolphins Trade #3 pick

King P

20 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

Wow.

This should put to bed any speculation that we're sticking with Darnold. JD would have made that trade otherwise. 

We're either taking Wilson or holding out in hopes of trading for Watson.

I would have to agree, as a sam supporter this does look bad, if we took what the 49ers gave up and then did what the dolphins did we would have 2 first rounders for the next 3 years I think joe would bite anyone's hand off for that. Looks like it's wilson unless the panters go crazy and offer the world.

15 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

The more interesting question is, where does darnold land, now that SF is probably out. Denver?  Pittsburgh?

Trade him to Saskatchewan.  I don't care.  I have no interest in seeing his deer-in-headlights face in 2021, even as a backup.

• Upvote 2

There is only one scenario in my mind.

So, SF wants to move up to top 3. Offers similar deals to both Miami and NYJ. Jets say to table it until they get to see Wilson at his Pro Day. That would make the decision for the Jets whether they are trading the pick and keeping Sam, or taking Wilson.

SF says to Miami that if they hear a "no" from the Jets, they'll pull the trigger for #3.

Jets see Wilson's Pro Day, SF takes Jets' temperature. Jets say they are keeping the pick. SF makes the move with Miami.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

52 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Trade for garropolo

you gotta figure the niners were talking with the jets before making the trade with the doltfins.  it could be douglas wanted garapollo and that was too much.  the niners are taking a risk if they were that hot for wilson though.

3 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

If anything, this raises the price of 2 but doesn’t prohibit the Jets from trading out. 

This is good for the Jets.  Especially with the Dolphins trading back up.  They don't have quite as much ammo, and the price to beat is set for the 2.

Hopefully the Jets stay and Wilson is a star.  That's the best outcome for this franchise.

• Upvote 2

If this is true - Eagles trade #6 and #156 to Dolphins for #12, 123 and a 2022 1st rounder then the Fins overpayed a bit.

On the trade card the Fins overpayed the Eagles by a 4th rounder.  The Fins received 1630 points (#6 & #156) for 1669 points (#12 - 1200, #123 - 49, and the 2022 1st - 420).

I changed this post since I got the math wrong initially.  Thanks.

Edited by clayton163v
I got the math wrong

2 minutes ago, rangerous said:

you gotta figure the niners were talking with the jets before making the trade with the doltfins.  it could be douglas wanted garapollo and that was too much.  the niners are taking a risk if they were that hot for wilson though.

Maybe the 49ers just like injury prone quarterbacks?

3 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

This is good for the Jets.  Especially with the Dolphins trading back up.  They don't have quite as much ammo, and the price to beat is set for the 2.

Hopefully the Jets stay and Wilson is a star.  That's the best outcome for this franchise.

When is the last time the Jets had a best outcome happen for them?

50 minutes ago, Bay Ridge Jet said:

That package would give us 7 first round picks in the next 3 drafts. I get that they don’t want to drop out of the top 10 but how could you not take a deal like that unless you’re determined to take a QB at 2

Exactly, Wilson has been the pick for awhile, think its a coincidence trade was made right before his pro day? Of course not, they offered same or better package to Jets, knowing it was their last chance before jets saw his pro day...

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

When is the last time the Jets had a best outcome happen for them?

I mean, never, obviously.  I expect them to keep Darnold, draft the TE, and then he turns out to be Vernon Davis.  Good player, but not franchise altering.

Just now, riggy001 said:

Exactly, Wilson has been the pick for awhile, think its a coincidence trade was made right before his pro day? Of course not, they offered same or better package to Jets, knowing it was their last chance before jets saw his pro day...

Interesting theory since they figured wilson would kill his pro day and the price would only go up.

• Sympathy 1

22 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Then it's gotta be a weapon right?  At #6 if you assume at least 3 quarterbacks are taken, possibly 4 or even 5, then Miami is getting one of the top 2 or 3 non-QB players in this Draft.  A Pitts, Chase, Waddle, etc.

My thinking exactly. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Matt39 said:

If the Jets actually sit at 2 and don’t draft a QB then...well I don’t know. But that would be bad.

This scenario here would actually make me lose faith in JD, I cannot under any circumstances foresee this happening, at least lets hope not.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I think it's over now.  The Jets are taking Wilson. 

And he had better damn well be better than everyone available at #12, that 3rd round pick and those two other #1's combined.

Spectacular day for Dolphins Fans, Jets gonna reach at QB yet again.

Is Wilson is anything short of a top 5 long-term QB, it's a horrible day for the Jets.

You fawning Wilson fanbois had better be right for once. 

How many times have they been wrong about Wilson so far?

?

• Haha 1