Dolphins Trade #3 pick

King P

4 hours ago, Jetsbb said:

This trade destroys what @football guyhas been claiming. He has said if the Jets could get a blockbuster deal for the #2 pick that's what they would do. SF obviously tried to do that deal with the Jets before talking to the Dolphins. This guarantees Jets pick Zack Wilson.

It’s almost like JD had an idea that the dudes cleaning the weight room post on message boards. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, RogerVick1980 said:

Would be surprising to me but for what if’s worth Simms is good friends with Kyle 

Lombardi thinks the Niners will take Jones as well

One person on JN has been consistently saying that teams were always gonna be higher on Mac Jones than the prognosticators.

Me.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

One person on JN has been consistently saying that teams were always gonna be higher on Mac Jones than the prognosticators.

Me.

And the team that could luck out is Carolina if they don’t have to trade up and can still get fields.  But i can see atlanta taking him too.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Me.

I didn’t see much of him this year till the national title game..

I was watching that game with the camera angle from behind the Qb so you can see the passes better and who’s open and who’s not..

I was going “holy sh1t that’s an impressive throw” quite a few times..

all I heard was how he had great weapons and everyone was always open but in this game at least  he was making next level throws into tight windows..

I think the whole running QB thing is overblown.. If you can move your feet and have good awareness in the pocket you can be sucessful.. You don’t need to be Lamar Jackson..

If he can be say close to  Matt Ryan ish with that Niners roster you can win a title.

• Upvote 1

I have something bothering me that hasnt quite been answered aside from Chris Simms really.

What's with the lack of Fields talk, hype, and general growing concern over him? I'm a Wilson fan, but Fields isnt that far behind. Especially with the Brandt tweet I'm puzzled with all of this.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, carlito1171 said:

I don’t think it’s time to lean into the Jets intentions....maybe JD didn’t want to drop 10 spots. It still could go either way as far as drafting Wilson/Fields n Trade Darnold vs Trade Down 

But now this does put pressure on a team like Carolina if they do want to get up past San Fran for a QB.....if the move up to 3 cost 3 firsts, what does to move up to 2 cost?

it could mean 2 things

1, this trade just made moving to #2 too ridiculous that nobodys willing to make that trade.

or more likely

2. SF was picking 12. they moved 9 spots.. if its Carolina who wants to trade thats only 6 spots. you can get a better player at 8 than 12.

my guess the Carolina trade offer will be less than SF.

you want more than trade back further than 12. and there really isnt much teams who need QBs. 

13 minutes ago, Grandy said:

I have something bothering me that hasnt quite been answered aside from Chris Simms really.

What's with the lack of Fields talk, hype, and general growing concern over him? I'm a Wilson fan, but Fields isnt that far behind. Especially with the Brandt tweet I'm puzzled with all of this.

Maybe teams see wilson and jones as plug and play starters in certain schemes but fields needs time to acclimate to the pros.  If the jets new hc and oc had a scheme other than wco perhaps fields would be more in the convo.

SF jump to 3 = speculation Lance/Jones at 3 = puts the 2 in play for QB needy teams that want 1 of Wilson, Lance or Jones. 

I’d be selling. Honestly, this should help us, a lot.

You can find an interim QB. This class is meh after Lawrence. Top 5 rookie QBs have an incredible bust rate.

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, RogerVick1980 said:

I didn’t see much of him this year till the national title game..

I was watching that game with the camera angle from behind the Qb so you can see the passes better and who’s open and who’s not..

I was going “holy sh1t that’s an impressive throw” quite a few times..

all I heard was how he had great weapons and everyone was always open but in this game at least  he was making next level throws into tight windows..

I think the whole running QB thing is overblown.. If you can move your feet and have good awareness in the pocket you can be sucessful.. You don’t need to be Lamar Jackson..

If he can be say close to  Matt Ryan ish with that Niners roster you can win a title.

To be clear, I’m not saying he’s great. I’m simply saying that the NFL prototype for QB has been pretty am insistent for a long time. ESPN like to say “the next Mahomes” a lot, but Mac does fit the classic mold quite well. That’s not going to get ignored by real scouts, IMO.

Ive seen him mocked in the 2nd. I think that’s absurd. He will go top 10. 

41 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Me.

Jones is the most pro-ready QB in the draft, IMO.

He may not have the ceiling of Lawrence or Wilson or Fields or Lance, but he is more ready to play as a rookie.

And he's a very good fit for the WCO - accurate, smart, gets the ball out fast, can move in the pocket.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, football guy said:

How wild are the woke warriors gonna go when Lawrence-Wilson-Jones go 1-2-3?

29 minutes ago, football guy said:

“Lizard King” lol. Figures

I see you’re back to battling for thinnest skin on JN. That’s nice.

3 minutes ago, Cbucco19 said:

@football guy what is most telling is Eagles tried trading up for Zach Wilson and realized they couldn’t . U would think Jets wouldn’t mind picking 6 and since Joe is close to that organization.... tells me They r locked on Wilson ? Thoughts 

This would be the obvious conclusion unless JD is truly dead set on not making any decisions till after pro days. 

36 minutes ago, Cbucco19 said:

@football guy what is most telling is Eagles tried trading up for Zach Wilson and realized they couldn’t . U would think Jets wouldn’t mind picking 6 and since Joe is close to that organization.... tells me They r locked on Wilson ? Thoughts 

Yea this puts the nail in the coffin of that narrative. Eagles were told by Douglas they are not entertaining trading down. Before trading the 6th pick Roseman called his old friend and told him the bind they were in. They wanted to trade up to 3 for Wilson but if not had a deal in place to trade down. Douglas then did his friend who got him the GM job a solid.

15 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Me.

I highly doubt its for Jones, they would not need to get to 3 to get him. Also have said publicly that Jimmy g is staying. Most scouts see Lance as needing year to sit, and Jones more pro ready. If you are drafting Jones, why keep Jimmy? 

2 hours ago, riggy001 said:

I highly doubt its for Jones, they would not need to get to 3 to get him. Also have said publicly that Jimmy g is staying. Most scouts see Lance as needing year to sit, and Jones more pro ready. If you are drafting Jones, why keep Jimmy? 

In fairness, so do I. That said, I still contend he's going to be more sought after by front offices than by the media who is just trying to pump "next Mahomes" headlines and click bait into the air.

Also, though, if you just traded up to #3 - you need to protect against teams from trading up for #2. So, announcing that you're going to keep Jimmy to signal you may draft a QB and sit him a year is one way you might do that.

Honestly, I have to imagine that if you're going up to #3 at that cost, without even knowing who is on the clock... then you'd better have a solid plan 1A and plan 1B, as well as a good misinformation campaign going.

22 hours ago, Paradis said:

lol "guarantees" 

Guarantees nothing captain. What if he doesn't want to drop 10 spots? 

The only thing this guarantees is that if Carolina wants a QB - they're options are now US and only US. 

That's not true on any level. SF is not taking Fields so he will be there at 4 at least. Fields is not regarded in the NFL like he is on this board, he could be the Rodgers/Geno green room player in agony this year.

17 hours ago, Jetsbb said:

Yea this puts the nail in the coffin of that narrative. Eagles were told by Douglas they are not entertaining trading down. Before trading the 6th pick Roseman called his old friend and told him the bind they were in. They wanted to trade up to 3 for Wilson but if not had a deal in place to trade down. Douglas then did his friend who got him the GM job a solid.

Yes the tea leaves are easy to read. Now if the team that wanted to trade up to 3 was NE for Wilson only and the team actually trading up to 3 was Denver it would not really say much, but it was the 2 two teams with closest ties to JD and Saleh and for crying out loud Lynch watched Wilson's pro day with the Jets and was all smiles. I just do not see it being a coincidence that these trades were executed just shortly after Wilson measured well. Remember yesterday might have literally been the first time the Jets actually met Wilson and there were some people concerned about how he would measure, especially his hands.  

I also go back to this. Teams with the worst QB in football do not pass on an elite QB prospect. It just does not happen. In fact, most  teams with the worst QB in football spend a lot of resources to go up and get a QB in the draft.

I also go back to the fact that the Jets staff were literally grinning from ear to ear after the workout. 

I actually think, especially with "the throw" going very viral, that it is more likely that Wilson goes #1 than the Jets trading out of #2 at this point.

• Sympathy 1

• 1 month later...
On 3/26/2021 at 6:10 PM, Integrity28 said:

To be clear, I’m not saying he’s great. I’m simply saying that the NFL prototype for QB has been pretty am insistent for a long time. ESPN like to say “the next Mahomes” a lot, but Mac does fit the classic mold quite well. That’s not going to get ignored by real scouts, IMO.

Ive seen him mocked in the 2nd. I think that’s absurd. He will go top 10. 

Bump.

I said this in March - before anyone - probably my not real prediction this year.

Did the Dolphins get too cute here?  They are going to look foolish if they come out of this w/o chase or pitts.

I believe the fins thought atlanta would trade the pick to a qb needy team and the bengals were going oline.  They then could take either chase or pitts.

Now it looks like neither chase nor pitts will be there and they will take waddle.  Swing and a big miss for the fins.

• Upvote 3

37 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Did the Dolphins get too cute here?  They are going to look foolish if they come out of this w/o chase or pitts.

I believe the fins thought atlanta would trade the pick to a qb needy team and the bengals were going oline.  They then could take either chase or pitts.

Now it looks like neither chase nor pitts will be there and they will take waddle.  Swing and a big miss for the fins.

You’re spot on here.  Aside from rooting for the Jets to draft certain players, I’m really hoping that Pitts and Chase go 4-5 because it will be devastating to Miami fans (and it will only get worse if they take Sewell at 6 after spending a first and second rounder on OTs last year).