Jump to content

Miami traded back up to pick 6 with Philly


Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Sounds like MIA is looking at one of Chase or Pitts to be there.  Good chance that happens.  But man, if they went #4/#5 in the draft, that fan base would melt down.  They could certainly take Smith, Sewell, or trade down again, but it would blow up their hopes and dreams, which is always a bonus.

They are not making the deal unless they are 100% certain either chase or pitts is there at 6.

And with 4 qbs and the Bengals having to protect burrow, its a lock one of those 2 will be there.

 

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So the Eagles who were just SLAUGHTERED for not trying to beat Washington in a lost season last game of the year last year by every one and their dog could make the move they just made because they pi

The PFF simulator.😁

How though? Cincy picks 5. Unless Cincy likes one of the other tackles over Sewell, the odds of Sewell being there at pick 6 are not very good. 

Posted Images

45 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

HUH?

How is moving back 3 spots, picking up an extra 1st round pick and still getting the guy you were going to take at 3 a terrible job?

 

Because they didn't get fair value for that move,* let alone "qb value". (their "extra first round pick" is in 2 years). They could've done the same thing on draft day and gotten way more value, or at least the same deal. There's no reason to trade a premium asset at a low price this far in advance 

*for reference, the difference between 3 & 6 on the chart is 600 points. The dolphins also dropped from 123 to 156, another 21.6 points of value. So they gave up 621.6 points in value. 

For that, they came away with 102 (91 points) a 2022 3rd round comp pick (valued as the last pick of the 4th round (subtract a round to account for the year delay), 34 points) and a 2023 1 from SF (valued as equivalent to SF's 3rd round pick this year, 220 points) 

So they dealt away 621.6 points in value and got back 345. They're short 286.6 points in value, which is the equivalent of a late second rounder. 

It's not exactly trade rape, but it's at least trade indecent assault and there was absolutely no reason they needed to do it yet. 

  • Upvote 3
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Doggin94it said:

Because they didn't get fair value for that move,* let alone "qb value". (their "extra first round pick" is in 2 years). They could've done the same thing on draft day and gotten way more value, or at least the same deal. There's no reason to trade a premium asset at a low price this far in advance 

*for reference, the difference between 3 & 6 on the chart is 600 points. The dolphins also dropped from 123 to 156, another 21.6 points of value. So they gave up 621.6 points in value. 

For that, they came away with 102 (91 points) a 2022 3rd round comp pick (valued as the last pick of the 4th round (subtract a round to account for the year delay), 34 points) and a 2023 1 from SF (valued as equivalent to SF's 3rd round pick this year, 220 points) 

So they dealt away 621.6 points in value and got back 345. They're short 286.6 points in value, which is the equivalent of a late second rounder. 

It's not exactly trade rape, but it's at least trade indecent assault and there was absolutely no reason they needed to do it yet. 

That is complete nonsense.  A first round pick, no matter what year its in, is not worth 220 points.

To move down 3 spots, get a 1st round pick and still get pitts or chase is a great move.  Well done fins!

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Targeting Sewell

 

 

so for Tunsil they get Sewell who is better plus picks 

Well Bill Obrien is a certified Donkey Brains. They where never at risk of losing that trade

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

That is complete nonsense.  A first round pick, no matter what year its in, is not worth 220 points.

To move down 3 spots, get a 1st round pick and still get pitts or chase is a great move.  Well done fins!

happy lilo and stitch GIF

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, thebuzzardman said:

Jets outflanked twice by Miami. You hate to see it. 

? How so?  We have an established market for the 2 or Wilson.  The only thing that's changed is the market has been set if we want to trade. 

It sucks that Miami has the biggest bank account at the draft for the next two years.  I don't think it's because we were outflanked.  

  • Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

So the Eagles who were just SLAUGHTERED for not trying to beat Washington in a lost season last game of the year last year by every one and their dog could make the move they just made because they picked 6 rather than 10, they get a better mid round pick this year and a 1st round pick next year. 

All because they did not win a shi**y meaningless game.

 

And as expected, 100%, I am listening to the same talking heads on national  tv that just killed the Eagles a few months back now heaping praise on them for their shrewd moves and adding talent.

these f'ckers know nothing.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Doggin94it said:

Because they didn't get fair value for that move,* let alone "qb value". (their "extra first round pick" is in 2 years). They could've done the same thing on draft day and gotten way more value, or at least the same deal. There's no reason to trade a premium asset at a low price this far in advance 

*for reference, the difference between 3 & 6 on the chart is 600 points. The dolphins also dropped from 123 to 156, another 21.6 points of value. So they gave up 621.6 points in value. 

For that, they came away with 102 (91 points) a 2022 3rd round comp pick (valued as the last pick of the 4th round (subtract a round to account for the year delay), 34 points) and a 2023 1 from SF (valued as equivalent to SF's 3rd round pick this year, 220 points) 

So they dealt away 621.6 points in value and got back 345. They're short 286.6 points in value, which is the equivalent of a late second rounder. 

It's not exactly trade rape, but it's at least trade indecent assault and there was absolutely no reason they needed to do it yet. 

Draft Value isn't determined by a 30 year old chart.

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

The Dolphins got a haul to trade back then gave half of it away to trade back up and take a playmaker....love the first trade but trading back up makes little sense to me you can get a good player at 12.  In the end they got a first to move down 3 spots which isn't that great considering the team trading up is taking a QB.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

This means a few things. 

1) this is a qb trade.  The value is roughly draft chart compensation, but no team gives up multiple first rounders like that.
2) SF is happy with any of the top three qbs in the draft.  We don’t know if that’s Fields or Wilson, but merely their top three and that they expect their choice to not be there at 12..

3)Garrop will be a cut.

4) We can’t be sure they offered this to the Jets, but my guess is they tried and Douglas said no, strongly implying we take a qb, or expect an even better deal in the future.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Beerfish said:

So the Eagles who were just SLAUGHTERED for not trying to beat Washington in a lost season last game of the year last year by every one and their dog could make the move they just made because they picked 6 rather than 10, they get a better mid round pick this year and a 1st round pick next year. 

All because they did not win a shi**y meaningless game.

 

Meaningless wins in December help build “winning culture” and “team morale”. See Jets. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, thebuzzardman said:

Jets outflanked twice by Miami. You hate to see it. 

If the jets want to trade the pick Miami's moves today only helped make the puck more valuable. If they dont and want to draft Wilson then Miami's moves make no difference to their plans. So what you're  saying here is nonsense

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Hael said:

This means a few things. 

1) this is a qb trade.  The value is roughly draft chart compensation, but no team gives up multiple first rounders like that.
2) SF is happy with any of the top three qbs in the draft.  We don’t know if that’s Fields or Wilson, but merely their top three and that they expect their choice to not be there at 12..

3)Garrop will be a cut.

4) We can’t be sure they offered this to the Jets, but my guess is they tried and Douglas said no, strongly implying we take a qb, or expect an even better deal in the future.

Or they tried to move up to 2 to get the guy they want most but weren't willing to.pay what Douglas wanted.....and now they will settle for who they can get at 3

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

Or they tried to move up to 2 to get the guy they want most but weren't willing to.pay what Douglas wanted.....and now they will settle for who they can get at 3

They don’t make the trade unless they’re happy with the 3rd best guy on their board.  There’s simply no guarantee picks 1-2 don’t remove their choices.  You don’t move up if you aren’t completely assured of hitting, lest you wish to gamble with your job.  
 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, undertow said:

The Dolphins got a haul to trade back then gave half of it away to trade back up and take a playmaker....love the first trade but trading back up makes little sense to me you can get a good player at 12.  In the end they got a first to move down 3 spots which isn't that great considering the team trading up is taking a QB.

It’s not a bad trade by Miami. They’re still in a great position to get a top prospect and they picked up a 1st. I hate Miami but there’s nothing bad about the trade. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

It’s not a bad trade by Miami. They’re still in a great position to get a top prospect and they picked up a 1st. I hate Miami but there’s nothing bad about the trade. 

I would have just kept the extra first and drafted the best player at 12....trading back was huge value trading back up for a non QB not so much.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hael said:

They don’t make the trade unless they’re happy with the 3rd best guy on their board.  There’s simply no guarantee picks 1-2 don’t remove their choices.  You don’t move up if you aren’t completely assured of hitting, lest you wish to gamble with your job.  
 

actually you make the trade if you think that anything past the 3rd guy is no good. This doesn't mean that they have 2 and 3 basically even. it just means that they have a very big gap between 3 and 4 that they felt the need to trade up. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, undertow said:

I would have just kept the extra first and drafted the best player at 12....trading back was huge value trading back up for a non QB not so much.

There’s plenty of players worth moving up for.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Warfish said:

Draft Value isn't determined by a 30 year old chart.

No?  Then why hasn't someone come up with a better one by now?  It has its flaws, like any other tool, but its still useful. 

This wasn't a massive win for Miami today.  It's a little better than the picture Doggin is painting, since the premium talent appears to be in the top 6-7 picks and drops off by a good margin by the time you get to 12.  But it still wasn't great.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I'm having a hard time keeping track but hasn't Miami turned Tunsil into like 87 first round picks by now? Jesus.

Miami is going to put Tunsil in their Ring of Honor

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Starting to look like that Costner movie with the Browns.

I heard they just asked for Putney.

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kevinc855 said:

Everyone talking about how brilliant Miami is...

one problem Tua is still their QB

They have like 2 1st rounders in each of the next 3 years to go get one if they don;t like tua.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Almost all of the national media talking heads just berated the eagles and Pederson over that game, they just killed him.

Yeah, and not a single talking head or internet twit will ever mention it again. But they end up with #6 instead of #10.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...